By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Metroid Prime 4 will have realistic graphics?

What do you think?

Yes 19 24.05%

I hope so 17 21.52%

No 20 25.32%

I hope not 12 15.19%

I don't care, just give m... 11 13.92%

Total:79
Spindel said:
Since realistic means everything is brownish grey, I really hope it’s not.

You aren't really paying attention to current gen AAA games if you really think that.

The Witcher III, Uncharted 4, Just Cause 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Forza Horizon 3 and Spiderman PS4 are just some examples of realistic games that are very colorful.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Around the Network

I'd prefer a more stylized look. A more realistic art design could work though. But honestly, if you look at Metroid in a realistic way, the whole suit design is pretty impossible to begin with.

Cobretti2 said:
Vodacixi said:

Any topic about Prime 4 scares me.  Metroid Prime is one of the most important franchises for many people (including myself). Every game (except Federation Force) is a freaking masterpiece in every aspect: from gameplay, to graphics, to music. And as such, I wish with all my heart that Prime 4 continues to be what the other Prime games were to its respective consoles: a high point for the Nintendo Switch.

But... we don't know anything about the game. We don't know who is developing it, we don't know how it looks, we don't know how it plays... and if you think about it, I'm not sure Nintendo knows how important is Metroid Prime. I'm not sure they understand that Prime 4 has to push the Switch to its very limits in every possible way. I don't think they understand that they have to make sure it's not only a good game, but an excellent one. I'm not sure if they understand that, if they screw this up, fans are going to be crazy mad at them.

We need information. Until I don't see a gameplay trailer and know who is behind this game, I won't feel calm.

This is how I feel overall I just wish/hope Nintendo take a leap of faith and build on the franchise. It has so much potential to be a broader audience game. It should be one of their Tier 1 games not Tier 2  as it is atm. 

It has broader potential but Nintendo failed to tap into yet. But it will be a soft reboot of reshuffle for Metroid. It has been in the fridge because Nintendo didn't see a new direction for it. It looks like they have settled on a much needed plan. Let's hope the plan is great.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.