By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Metroid Prime 4 will have realistic graphics?

What do you think?

Yes 19 24.05%

I hope so 17 21.52%

No 20 25.32%

I hope not 12 15.19%

I don't care, just give m... 11 13.92%

Total:79
Nuvendil said:
Oh, and another point about capabilities and realistic visuals: New Donk City. No, it's not completely realistic, it's pseudo realistic, but it pushes pretty impressive visuals all the same. The Switch could handle the Metroid Prime 1 to 3 art style in glorious HD just fine :P

New Donk is one of the ugliest levels I've ever seen in a game. Please don't use that as a basis for Prime 4!

Around the Network

Both the statements to look at New Donk City for how MP4 should look and the statement on New Donk City being really ugly are just bizarre. It's just a level. Wasn't ugly but certainly wasn't anything like what MP4 will look like. Obviously MP4 will have graphics far more advanced than the previous MP games. This whole conversation seems weird, like the thurst of it seems to be can Switch graphics be realistic even though it's not as powerful as PS4 and Xbox One. Well obviously, graphics have been realistic for the past decade. And MP art direction is realistic with a sci-fi style, so yes of course it's graphics will be realistic and blow away the graphics of the previous MP games.

LipeJJ said:

...even PS3 and 360 had their share of realistic games:

Good point. I'm hoping for a clean, gorgeous MP4!

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Zelda was cartoony because of Aonuma and Miyamoto wanted it to be that way. Those two don't have significant control over Metroid like they do in Zelda. So Metroid Prime 4 has a much bigger chance to have a realistic art style than not.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Slownenberg said:
Both the statements to look at New Donk City for how MP4 should look and the statement on New Donk City being really ugly are just bizarre. It's just a level. Wasn't ugly but certainly wasn't anything like what MP4 will look like. Obviously MP4 will have graphics far more advanced than the previous MP games. This whole conversation seems weird, like the thurst of it seems to be can Switch graphics be realistic even though it's not as powerful as PS4 and Xbox One. Well obviously, graphics have been realistic for the past decade. And MP art direction is realistic with a sci-fi style, so yes of course it's graphics will be realistic and blow away the graphics of the previous MP games.

I never said "That's how Metroid Prime should look", some people just seemed to take it that way for whatever reason.  I was merely pointing at an example of the Switch doing a good job with a pseudo-realistic setting on a technical level.  But I shouldn't be surprised, topics concerning Metroid Prime are practically famous for knee jerk reactions.  Just try suggesting that MP could possibly due with some voice acting.  You will have people immediately assume you mean constant, endless chatter throughout the whole game specifically designed to ruin the atmosphere.

Around the Network

Nope. I expect a better looking version of federation force when it omes to graphics for Prime 4.

Nintendo and realistic don't go hand in hand.

areason said:

Explain Prime Series and Other M

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
areason said:

What are you on about?

These games don't have realistic graphics, nor a realistic style. 

EricFabian said:
areason said:

And Pikmin 3