By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter XX Switch coming west as Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

JRPGfan said:

It still looks so last gen compaired to MHW.....

I know theres probably some Switch owners hyped for this, but this is like a bandaid at best,
& suspect most would much rather have MHW instead.

Well yeah, people would rather MHW, but that they are localizing this means that they don't plan for portable Monster Hunter games to be Japan-only, which is enough to satisfy all Monster Hunter fans (whether they're Nintendo-only or not.) As good as MHW is, it is not portable.

Around the Network
melbye said:

Going to be interesting to see how a more traditional Monster Hunter is going to do after the success of Monster Hunter World

Well for one thing it has a ton more Monsters 

I'll be getting this

Damn, the best Switch game of 2018 won't even be released by Nintendo

Ok but in all seriousness, I'm super excited for this. Love World, but it doesn't have the variety of Monsters this title does.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Ok but in all seriousness, I'm super excited for this. Love World, but it doesn't have the variety of Monsters this title does.

That would be 2015, 2016, 2017 and now 2018. (Although over all Nintendo platforms not just Switch since it has only been released since 2017...)

But man... they've really been stringing along this X/Generations line.

Last edited by Green098 - on 10 May 2018

Yeah, I'll get it. Not only because I want to send a signal to Capcom (no idea if they're understanding), but because it includes a lot of monsters and will be good for around 100 hours or more fun.
KLXVER said:

Well gamers in NA and Europe that want Capcom to keep releasing MH on Nintendo platforms really have to support this title. MHW has done incredible on other platforms, so this might be the only MH game youll see on a Nintendo platform in a long time if it doesn't sell well.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
melbye said:

Going to be interesting to see how a more traditional Monster Hunter is going to do after the success of Monster Hunter World

Well, doubtful a late 3DS-port outdoes a brand-new title, even less the most successful in the series. Hopefully it does enough that Capcom gives us more "classical" MonHun.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

JRPGfan said:

It still looks so last gen compaired to MHW.....

I know theres probably some Switch owners hyped for this, but this is like a bandaid at best,
& suspect most would much rather have MHW instead.

Well, I would surely take MonHunWorld if they bring it over, but let's be serious: that'll not happen. As I always liked the "old-style" MonHun, I will be fine with XX.

The last numbers Capcom gave were 350k for Japan and since the 3DS version was never localized, i believe the western sales can push it over 1 million worldwide.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Green098 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

That would be 2015, 2016, 2017 and now 2018. (Although over all Nintendo platforms not just Switch since it has only been released since 2017...)

But man... they've really been stringing along this X/Generations line.

Maybe the Generations team just doesn't have enough talent to continue the side series? Lmao. Still waiting for their next game. 

It would be too much to ask for cross save with my Japanese import version I suppose. Oh well... I will have to buy it again for English online multiplayer anyway :) I’m glad Capcom has finally announced its release outside of japan, it’s a really great game.