By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter XX Switch coming west as Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:
Will wait for the Nintendo fans to accuse Nintendo of paying for the exclusivity as they accused Sony of paying to keep MHW from only Switch.

I thought it was a widely held theory that Nintendo paid for MH exclusivity during the 3DS-era.

I see you are starting to pick up on the rampant hypocrisy.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Well gamers in NA and Europe that want Capcom to keep releasing MH on Nintendo platforms really have to support this title. MHW has done incredible on other platforms, so this might be the only MH game youll see on a Nintendo platform in a long time if it doesn't sell well.

The game is destined to fail as Capcom will put it on a 1gb cart and expect you to download the rest. 

DonFerrari said:
Will wait for the Nintendo fans to accuse Nintendo of paying for the exclusivity as they accused Sony of paying to keep MHW from only Switch.

Pretty sure Nintendo paid for the 3ds to be exclusive lol. Unless all those articles we saw were fabrications back in the day. as for the new MHW pretty sure there was leaked pages of contracts that state it wasn't to be on a Nintendo platform. Payback I guess for VITA missing out.

Nothing wrong with that it is business after all. If Sony sealed the deal good on them, means Nintendo were sleeping.

Nuvendil said:
zorg1000 said:

I thought it was a widely held theory that Nintendo paid for MH exclusivity during the 3DS-era.

hypocrisy for Don or the hypocrisy of accusing Nintendo of paying for exclusivity but not Sony? Cause ... the 2nd one doesn't really make sense.

Green098 said:
DonFerrari said:

I mean... but Nintendo probably did though actually, don't they publish these titles in the west?

Could be, but don't think so. More probable that because MHW is just released they didn't see a good success for the port.

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well I never theorized at the time. But Perhaps at the time DS was their main market and doing a lot of profit and aligned with their strategy, so it is also probable that they just decided to launch only

Cobretti2 said:
DonFerrari said:

Pretty sure Nintendo paid for the 3ds to be exclusive lol. Unless all those articles we saw were fabrications back in the day. as for the new MHW pretty sure there was leaked pages of contracts that state it wasn't to be on a Nintendo platform. Payback I guess for VITA missing out.

Nothing wrong with that it is business after all. If Sony sealed the deal good on them, means Nintendo were sleeping.

Back in the day? I'm asking about this switch exclusive and not the ones on DS era.

Never saw this leaked page. All I heard was a supposed insider swearing that was the case.

The dev and publisher doesn't have any debts against Sony and mainly MS for missing Vita.

I still sustain that missing Switch was due to the scope of the game not being feasible to port at the time they had specs and possibly not expecting the platform to succeed. And this time they are going Switch only because they don't expect high sales for the port on PS4/X1 due to MHW recent release and  smaller scope of this version.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
zorg1000 said:

Are you talking about people that were accusing Sony of paying for the game to show not in Nintendo while appearing in other systems but not accusing Nintendo of paying for excluvity of this game on Switch?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Nuvendil said:

Are you talking about people that were accusing Sony of paying for the game to show not in Nintendo while appearing in other systems but not accusing Nintendo of paying for excluvity of this game on Switch?

I'm saying every time Capcom pulls the arbitrary exclusivity BS or shafts one fanbase, the people who get the goodies celebrate while the other side calls it anticonsumer BS, which it is.  Then, when the shoe is inevitably on the other foot because Capcom is a massive whore, the roles suddenly reverse with those selfishly celebrating the actions are suddenly enlightened and those  once enlightened suddenly start celebrating.  

Facts are facts:  Capcom shafted Switch owners on MonHun, shafted PS4 owners on Dead Rising, and shafted everyone but Sony with Street Fighter and it was bullshit every. single. time.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nuvendil said:

hypocrisy for Don or the hypocrisy of accusing Nintendo of paying for exclusivity but not Sony? Cause ... the 2nd one doesn't really make sense.

I was referring to the fact that every time Capcom flip flops from one arbitrary platform for exclusivity to another arbitrary platform for exclusivity, a lot of people's tunes regarding whether or not this is anticonsumer BS change in lock step.  

In brief, whether Capcom's nonsense is bad or good entirely depends of a lot of people on whether or not it's their platform that Capcom drew from the hat.  

Pavolink said:
I'm surprised. Honestly.

The crazy thing is I am too. This should have been a given.

I just hope that Capcom doesn't do something insane like split the game into half-cart/half-digital for no apparent reason.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Azuren said:
I don't know if I can return to Old Monster Hunter. World is a pretty massive and positive change from the old, and I don't know if I want the old anymore.

Gameplay mechanics and contents in XX is way more better, not hack and slash gameplay like World