By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - How High Will Avengers:IW Soar? (Currently @ ~$2.04B+)

thismeintiel said:
IW now sits at $1.607B WW in just 3 weeks.

Actually lol'd at this. These numbers are just stupid.



Around the Network
mZuzek said:
thismeintiel said:
IW now sits at $1.607B WW in just 3 weeks.

Actually lol'd at this. These numbers are just stupid.

And how funny it may seems it is correct. In China it will probably finish at 400m so then it needs another 200m ww to reach 2b dollars. Even with the upcoming competition it seems plausible for it to become the 4th ever movie to reach that number. Also it will become the 4th highest grossing ever in just a couple days. 



Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

I don't get how such a movie is doing so well.

I haven't seen a villain this bad since the last DC movie.



areason said:
I don't get how such a movie is doing so well.

I haven't seen a villain this bad since the last DC movie.

Yes, you're in your right to be wrong.

Infinity War was always going to be one of the top-grossing movies ever. It would get to $1.5b if it sucked, this isn't surprising at all.



mZuzek said:
areason said:
I don't get how such a movie is doing so well.

I haven't seen a villain this bad since the last DC movie.

Yes, you're in your right to be wrong.

Infinity War was always going to be one of the top-grossing movies ever. It would get to $1.5b if it sucked, this isn't surprising at all.

Definitely disagree with him. These last two Marvel films have been praised for some of the best villains in recent comic book movie history. And the fact that they juggled more than a dozen characters so well is a feat within itself. This movie deserves everything it's making. 



Around the Network

Just a few tidbits I wanted to add.

IW is now #8 on the all time Top 10 for DBO. #5 on the all time Top 10 for WW BO, pushing TLJ out of the Top 10.

At this point in time, TFA was at ~$1.53B WW. IW is ahead of it by ~$77M.



When it comes to the Foreign Box Offices.
If we compare to Avengers 1 and Age of Ultron:
Avengers 1 did 20.7% of its Foreign numbers in its Opening Weekend.
Age of Ultron did 21.3% of its Foreign numbers in its Opening Weekend.

If Infinity War were to follow that trend with the Foreign Opening Weekend it had at ~$382 million that would put its Final Foreign numbers somewhere between $1.79 Billion - $1.85 Billion
Even if it's rate was at 26%, which would be considerably above Avengers 1 and Age of Ultron, that would put Infinity War's Foreign numbers at $1.47 Billion

There's no telling where Infinity War will finish at the end of its run. But, in my opinion, I think $2 billion is all but guaranteed.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=marvel0518.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=avengers2.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=avengers11.htm



PAOerfulone said:
When it comes to the Foreign Box Offices.
If we compare to Avengers 1 and Age of Ultron:
Avengers 1 did 20.7% of its Foreign numbers in its Opening Weekend.
Age of Ultron did 21.3% of its Foreign numbers in its Opening Weekend.

If Infinity War were to follow that trend with the Foreign Opening Weekend it had at ~$382 million that would put its Final Foreign numbers somewhere between $1.79 Billion - $1.85 Billion
Even if it's rate was at 26%, which would be considerably above Avengers 1 and Age of Ultron, that would put Infinity War's Foreign numbers at $1.47 Billion

There's no telling where Infinity War will finish at the end of its run. But, in my opinion, I think $2 billion is all but guaranteed.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=marvel0518.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=avengers2.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=avengers11.htm

It's crazy to think that its FBO may match the entire WW take of the first Avengers film.  But, yea, considering that its final China BO should equal ~$400M, that alone wold put it at $1.807B.  So, $2B+ doesn't seem out of touch.



Mordred11 said:
With current tracking, Infinity War is definitely NOT heading towards your $807M domestic figure. In fact, it's not even reaching $700M. It's expected to finish a bit below Black Panther at this point.

Sadly probably true. Black Panther came at a time when noting was out to really challenge it. IW had two weeks Annie Deadpool 2 will take out a chunk. 



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

areason said:
I don't get how such a movie is doing so well.

I haven't seen a villain this bad since the last DC movie.

Your comparing Thanos to whoever that guy was in Justice League that was easily trounced by Superman alone?



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter