By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disgaea Hour of Darkness coming to Switch 10/30/2018

So NIS is releasing Disgaea on Switch and PS4 this fall. There's a collector's edition too. I can't wait to play Disgaea in a portable format, since I missed the PSP. 

Around the Network

Neato, but I'll probably already get it for PS4. Still a good thing that Switch has been getting some NIS love (as long as it doesn't actually interfere with PS NIS)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Etna Oppai mouse pad?

Azuren said:

Neato, but I'll probably already get it for PS4. Still a good thing that Switch has been getting some NIS love (as long as it doesn't actually interfere with PS NIS)

How can a Switch port/version affect the PS4 copy? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Azuren said:

How can a Switch port/version affect the PS4 copy? 

Moreso a reference to previous unofficial statements from NIS concerning whether or not they should do physical PS4 releases based on the fact that the Switch version of Disgaea 5 was selling faster than its PS4 counterpart.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

So NIS is releasing Disgaea on Switch and PS4 this fall. There's a collector's edition too. I can't wait to play Disgaea in a portable format, since I missed the PSP. 

Did you also miss out on the DS?

Was a great port of the first game, really good considering the hardware.

Also OT... wow at the Etna breast mouse mat.... flat as a pancake. love it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Can someone explain to me what’s so good about this game? I’ve thinkin about someday pick up a Disgea game because it’s strategy. But what’s so off putting is the unserious tone and comical characters.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Can someone explain to me what’s so good about this game? I’ve thinkin about someday pick up a Disgea game because it’s strategy. But what’s so off putting is the unserious tone and comical characters.

That's the point.

I'm probably going to wait for a price drop on this. There are quite a lot of JRPGs on my to-do list, so I can afford to wait on this one. Plus, how old is this game, anyway?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Stellar_Fungk said:

Strategy is not as deep as with others. As you can do basically everything you can circumvent everything. But the unserious tone and the comical characters do it. And the gameplay is made to support the ridiculousness.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]