By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disgaea Hour of Darkness coming to Switch 10/30/2018

Ganoncrotch said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

So NIS is releasing Disgaea on Switch and PS4 this fall. There's a collector's edition too. I can't wait to play Disgaea in a portable format, since I missed the PSP. 

Did you also miss out on the DS?

Was a great port of the first game, really good considering the hardware.

Also OT... wow at the Etna breast mouse mat.... flat as a pancake. love it.

I... forgot about... that! 

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Jranation said:

How can a Switch port/version affect the PS4 copy? 

Moreso a reference to previous unofficial statements from NIS concerning whether or not they should do physical PS4 releases based on the fact that the Switch version of Disgaea 5 was selling faster than its PS4 counterpart.

That is stupid. But PS4 digital is always high. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Azuren said:

Moreso a reference to previous unofficial statements from NIS concerning whether or not they should do physical PS4 releases based on the fact that the Switch version of Disgaea 5 was selling faster than its PS4 counterpart.

That is stupid. But PS4 digital is always high. 

It is stupid, but it is also something that was actually said.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Cerebralbore101 said:

I just wanted to note that this is one of the best references I have ever seen =P

On to the topic.

This game has seen multiple ports in the past, including DS. It's perhaps a better into to the series than Disgaea 5, which will have a lot of newbies feeling lost (don't worry, we all mostly are, and that's alright for the first 50 hours or so), but it's not going to be as satisfying a game in the end; the amount of content in Disgaea 5 is staggering in comparison, and it's all mostly good.

I kind of feel that if you already have Disgaea 5, and have put a lot into it, there's no reason to go back and get an earlier game in the series unless you really can't get enough Disgaea and want to dig back in time a little.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 07 May 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Can someone explain to me what’s so good about this game? I’ve thinkin about someday pick up a Disgea game because it’s strategy. But what’s so off putting is the unserious tone and comical characters.

The unserious tone and comical characters are a big part of the draw. Laharl, Etna, and Flonne make such a charming trio. Also some touching moments.

I highly recommend it.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:
Etna Oppai mouse pad?

Noppai.

Etna is flat.

Indeed. If I weren't trying to reduce clutter in my life, I'd probably get this collector's edition.

That freaking mousepad tho.

Not really excited about this myself, but I hope some people can get some joy from this on the Switch.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread