PS2 19 15.08%

PS3 5 3.97%

NES 8 6.35%

XBOX360 7 5.56%

PS4 14 11.11%

DS + GAMEBOY + 3DS 17 13.49%

Total:126

I love both NES, SNES, PS2 and 3DS.

But if I had to pick one, that would be SNES.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Hmm....personal favorite would be N64. I really cut my teeth on that system, and it hosted so many of my top 25 games, including Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, and Majora's Mask.

Removing all emotional attachments, I'd have to say either SNES or PS2 is the best platform of all time.

I totally get ya with the N64.

During that time I had some friends who lived nearby, so we were able to play together during the weekends, which made for some really fun times. We played Smash Bros, the Mario Party games, Golden Eye, Mario Kart, and so on. I really loved the N64 thanks to that, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

My persona pick would probably be the SNES. Something about the look of 16 bit visuals has a real soft spot in my heart. That, and many of the games on that system were just excellent.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I voted for Genesis, because it was probably the most significant console in developing my life-long love of gaming. But, I could also make a case for Atari 2600.

Realistically though, I've probably had the most fun with my Xbone. Right now, I'm having a lot of fun with my PS4Pro.

x360, it had about all the titles, ran great, and games looked great. online was great.

My favorite addition: achievements!
Plus the first ones had custom faceplates which I liked as well.
The blades were great way to navigate.

Yeah it had issues with the RROD but MS replaced my x360s. I just waited until the x360 slim came out and bought that new and never had an issue again.

The rest are good consoles, but in recent memory this sticks out for me.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
Mandalore76 said:
PS4 is in the poll but not Switch? Seems really odd to include a modern console and then only put 1. Even with regards to the max length of the poll, it would make more sense to not include any than just 1.

Anyway, I chose NES. I spent unfathomable hours playing seasons of Tecmo Bowl, Tecmo Super Bowl, Blades of Steel, and Baseball Stars with friends (the games that didn't have season mode, we made up entire season schedules on our own with pen and paper). We also teamed up in Contra, Jackal, Gauntlet and other multiplayers. My brother and I used to play Adventure Island and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out together even though these were single player games. And then there's the unfathomable hours I spent playing on my own in Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Super Mario Bros 1-3, Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy, Simon's Quest (yes), Iron Tank, Faxanadu, Nobunaga's Ambition, the Mega Man games... The list goes on and on. Of any console, the NES features the most games that I will go back to and replay decades later.

Switch is too new, it would just be recency bias. It has a 2 original megatons on it in the form of Mario/Zelda, a major remake in MK and then some other decent games, but it's just too new to include here. I don't think it would be fair for it to get a bunch of votes because of the recency bias of two games. PS4 is pretty sold at this point, it's in the last 5th of its lifecycle probably by now. 

However with it now being hacked and hopefully soon the floodgates of emulators, etc will open on it, there's a good chance it's going to end up high on my personal list once it's all said and done.

I would argue the exact same thing for PS4.  It's ironic that you exclude Switch because you "don't think it would be fair for it to get a bunch of votes because of recency bias", but you include Sony's most recent console, and no options from it's competitors.  You cite an attempt to eliminate bias by making sure that anyone who has just gotten into gaming in the last 5 years can only vote for PS4 or not vote at all?  That actually guarantees recency bias in PS4's direction.   If you were looking to "be fair" you wouldn't have included any consoles on the current market.  By including only one option inherently is a bias in itself.

Mandalore76 said:
contestgamer said:

Switch is too new, it would just be recency bias. It has a 2 original megatons on it in the form of Mario/Zelda, a major remake in MK and then some other decent games, but it's just too new to include here. I don't think it would be fair for it to get a bunch of votes because of the recency bias of two games. PS4 is pretty sold at this point, it's in the last 5th of its lifecycle probably by now. 

However with it now being hacked and hopefully soon the floodgates of emulators, etc will open on it, there's a good chance it's going to end up high on my personal list once it's all said and done.

I would argue the exact same thing for PS4.  It's ironic that you exclude Switch because you "don't think it would be fair for it to get a bunch of votes because of recency bias", but you include Sony's most recent console, and no options from it's competitors.  You cite an attempt to eliminate bias by making sure that anyone who has just gotten into gaming in the last 5 years can only vote for PS4 or not vote at all?  That actually guarantees recency bias in PS4's direction.   If you were looking to "be fair" you wouldn't have included any consoles on the current market.  By including only one option inherently is a bias in itself.

Theres a big difference between 5 years and 1 year. 5 years is not recent, what are you talking about? Poll is limited to 10 consoles, with xone being somewhat irrelevant this gen I excluded it since I couldnt fit it. and wasnt like to get more votes than the ps4.

SNES leading as it should be

SNES is unbeatable. But the PS3 is pretty good and there's the PS4.
I would say SNES, PS3, PS4, NES, Nintendo 3DS and maybe the Nintendo 64 are the best consoles ever. All the others I can live without.

SNES is my favorite. It is home to 20% of my Top 50 games of all-time more than any other console.

Signature goes here!