So guys, this was something that was crossing my mind. I myself have multiple platforms, but when multiplats are released I tend to have a preference for one console over an other. I try to get games for the PlayStation console unless there are certain exceptions. In any case here are some possible scenarios I can think of:
- Brand loyalty - Choose the console that is mainly in your brand of choice
- Performance - Choose the best looking/performing version of the game
- Price/Availability - Choose whichever one you can find/the one that is the cheapest
- Genre - Some people prefer controllers for some genres while KB+M for others which would affect their decision
- Exclusive content - Choose the version that has the most content/has a special edition, etc.