Forums - Gaming Discussion - Multiplat players: how do you determine which platform you get a game for?

Not a problem if you only have 1 of the 3 systems.....

But I guess "brandloyality" as you called it (I want things on 1 system if possible).... Price&Performance do matter too though.

If/When I get a switch, it ll just be for exclusives.
Besides what are the chances that a multiplat will play better on a switch than a PS4? or be cheaper?

Around the Network

All of the above?

I'll buy it on PlayStation over Switch because of Performance. I'll buy it on PlayStation over PC because I prefer gaming on a console. I'll buy it on PlayStation over Xbox because... I don't own an Xbox, and there's not enough reason to buy one.

And of course it's better and more convenient to have most games on one system and one account... and my friends play multiplayer on PS4...

LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

With Wii U era, I didn't have any trouble in choosing if I'd go with Wii U or PC, it's always PC for multiplat games(when I got the base PS4 it's still PC unless my PC can't handle it), with the Switch, PC and soon a PS4 Pro, it will depend if I feel like having this game on the go or not, otherwise, I'd always go for PC, unless again it can't handle it, then it's PS4 as I always get exclusives only on the PS4.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

-Japanese games get bought on Japanese consoles. Nintendo exclusives on Nintendo. Everything else on PlayStation.
-Western games get bought on console with worldwide appeal.
-I go where Tetsuya Nomura wants Kingdom Hearts to go. He wants all the KH games on one console/platform before KH3 releases. The console he chose is PlayStation.

PC for most multiplatforms, consoles at this point for me are are mainly for exclusives for most part although the Switch portability has made me buy some multiplatforms for that.

Around the Network

well depends on what is the most powerful for me, right now its the x1x, so that gets the multiplatform games.

switch will get nintendo games for the most part as it has been so far for me.

Barkley said:
All of the above?

I'll buy it on PlayStation over Switch because of Performance. I'll buy it on PlayStation over PC because I prefer gaming on a console. I'll buy it on PlayStation over Xbox because... I don't own an Xbox, and there's not enough reason to buy one.

And of course it's better and more convenient to have most games on one system and one account... and my friends play multiplayer on PS4...

I second everything about this.

I just look at the game, see some videos/streams and decide about picking it or not. If it's on PC, always pick for PC. For consoles I just play 1st party exclusives.

Switch for Nintendo games and just about every indie or Japanese AA game, as I love the option to take the game on the go.

PS4 for Sony games, exclusives, and any multiplatform 2D fighters.

Xbox for multiplatform games (minus 2D fighters) since I prefer the controller and have a Gold subscription.

3DS for exclusives.

Vita for exclusives or low-tech PS-family exclusives, e.g., Iconoclasts, as I'd rather not be tethered to the TV if the technology required is pretty much the same.

I have a Nintendo Switch and an Xbox One. If there is a game that is on both, I will get the Switch version for the freedom of being able to play it anywhere I go. That gives me more time to play the game, which means I will complete the game faster, which means I will be able to play more games. Having more time to enjoy my hobby trumps any other consideration.