By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brexiters OUTRAGED after discovering that voting to abolish free movement means movement will no longer be free

Excellent news for Gibraltar citizens.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
contestgamer said:

Because theres freedom of movement within the EU and we have had millions of muslim migrants that have entered the EU thanks to Germany. The only way to protect the borders is to leave the EU

UK is NOT part of the Schengen Area. You are already controlling EVERYONE that is coming to the UK (including EU citizens).

Don't expect him to know anything about this. He seems to be an avid reader of fake news. He probably voted and then checked online "what is the EU?". He doesn't even know basic facts.

fatslob-:O said:
Pretty good compromise for tighter immigration control ...

lolwut. You do understand that 263,000 of the immigrants UK received last year were from outside the EU? That is more than the 230,000 EU immigrants (net numbers), which can be screened and sent back if they cannot find work (a right that the UK has, and which it chooses not to enforce).  There was a reduction of over 100,000 EU immigrants in the last year, without even actually having the BREXIT yet. Goes a long way, to know that all you could have done to reduce immigration was to become openly and arbitrarily racist, doesn't it? You didn't even have to leave the EU!

Now, enjoy the next set of excuses by this and any future British government, over the failure to control immigration. Only this time it won't be the Polish (who marched on the streets of London in support of BREXIT, alongside BREXITERs, as many of them strongly support right-wing ideologies) but the Africans, the Indians, the Muslims (who you so much hate, apparently) and perhaps a new Windrush generation to exploit. 

Soon the pretty good compromise will sound a lot like a pretty good self-shot in the leg.

Last edited by Helloplite - on 30 April 2018

EU should charge more

Those are actually incredibly cheap and generous visa standarts.
For comparion: a 90 day visa for India costs around 70€. Some visas, like for Bhutan are several hundred euros. Six pounds for a three year visum is as close to free travel, without actually having free travel, as you can get.

Turns out the so far incredibly soft consequences of leaving the EU, are already too harsh?

Around the Network
teamsilent13 said:

£6...is enough to outrage? also, in its current state i want the EU to implode so idgaf. if i were british (which i’m ~8% british from dna) i would have voted brexit. i really oppose all the migration and communist level open borders stuff. i blame boomers even if they vote differently now; their lack of care or foresight is what led to this problem.

Open borders is "communist level"? How did you come up with this gem? Is this why one can travel to North Korea, so easily? Or why one could travel to USSR, so easily? Do you even have a basic understanding of what liberalism is, and why "open borders" and cosmopolitanism have literally nothing to do with communism, and *everything* to do with liberal capitalism?

Do you even understand what these above terms mean?

Ka-pi96 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
I still think the USA was the best Brexit of all time.

Nah, not as good as Canada.

I guess you forgot about Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom, Canada and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

Errorist76 said:

That’s what the German word Schadenfreude was invented for, I guess. Still feeling bad for my British friends who were against that shit.

:(

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Helloplite said:

lolwut. You do understand that 263,000 of the immigrants UK received last year were from outside the EU? That is more than the 230,000 EU immigrants (net numbers), which can be screened and sent back if they cannot find work (a right that the UK has, and which it chooses not to enforce).  There was a reduction of over 100,000 EU immigrants in the last year, without even actually having the BREXIT yet. Goes a long way, to know that all you could have done to reduce immigration was to become openly and arbitrarily racist, doesn't it? You didn't even have to leave the EU!

Now, enjoy the next set of excuses by this and any future British government, over the failure to control immigration. Only this time it won't be the Polish (who marched on the streets of London in support of BREXIT, alongside BREXITERs, as many of them strongly support right-wing ideologies) but the Africans, the Indians, the Muslims (who you so much hate, apparently) and perhaps a new Windrush generation to exploit. 

Soon the pretty good compromise will sound a lot like a pretty good self-shot in the leg.

Lolz, you're getting sensitive all over this thread ... 

You can keep your laughable joke of a so called "union" too since that shit is going down in flames and even the representatives of Italy don't want in that garbage no more that you guys want to participate in ... 

The norm is nationalism and you need to deal with it!

Not a big deal. As a Canadian, I pay a fee for using a bridge (which technically was paid for decades ago) when traveling to the US. Traveling to another country is a privilege, not a right. The EU has made Europeans forget that.