By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brexiters OUTRAGED after discovering that voting to abolish free movement means movement will no longer be free

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

And not sure how this is going to do that, the UK has natural water borders.

Because theres freedom of movement within the EU and we have had millions of muslim migrants that have entered the EU thanks to Germany. The only way to protect the borders is to leave the EU

Ah yes, the scary Muslims.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Because theres freedom of movement within the EU and we have had millions of muslim migrants that have entered the EU thanks to Germany. The only way to protect the borders is to leave the EU

Take a look at murders, rapes and terrorism in the EU and the disproportionate amount of it which is committed by muslims. Look what they did to Turkey.

melbye said:
Errorist76 said:

EU’s tyranny. If anything the UK benefitted from the EU. You sound just like those UKIP cowards who are responsible for the whole situation.

I am just frustrated that my country is being forced to implement EU regulation when we aren't in the EU

Australia implements EU regulations when we aren't in the EU. Mostly for things like Tech/Safety standards.
And that's a good thing, because the EU have stringent guidelines and testing procedures.

KingCherry said:

I'm bemused that you, a German, has the nerve to type such drivel considering the total devastation your nation has caused over the past 100 years. Even now, you're trying to dominate everyone with Merkel at the helm. Seriously, your nation should still hang its head in shame, not sit back sniggering at Britain! Can you not understand why we want to get away from you?

Do you need to be so derogative? Who gives a shit if someone is German?
It's in the past, treat it as such.

I don't hold any ill-will for all the horrible things the British did in the past, especially when it came to the treatment of native inhabitants of various lands.

contestgamer said:

Uk has been getting a lot of non European migrants, thats what needed to be stopped.

Why did it need to be stopped?
Just because someone comes from outside the EU, doesn't mean they have nefarious reasons.

Perhaps you should look towards other nations who are highly successful and multicultural as an example?

VGPolyglot said:

Muslims aren't a race. They aren't confined to various geographical areas.
In-fact, the majority of Muslims are not even in the Middle East.

You can have someone who is 100% European and be Muslim.
It's just bigoted nonesense in the end.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

melbye said:
Errorist76 said:

EU’s tyranny. If anything the UK benefitted from the EU. You sound just like those UKIP cowards who are responsible for the whole situation.

I am just frustrated that my country is being forced to implement EU regulation when we aren't in the EU

Not saying you are against immigrants but isn't it funny so many brits voted for Brexit because there are too many Africans, middle Eastern, Pakistani, India, Asian immigrants in the country. It's like they don't realise those places are not in the eu. Europeans also have an impeccable record of settling peacefully in Britain be them Eastern or Western European. Their kids by and large fit perfectly into British soviet. Its crazy to think the anti immigrant party's wouldn't want as many Europeans to fill up the immigrant quota as possible. 

Pemalite said:
VGPolyglot said:

I was being sarcastic.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

And not sure how this is going to do that, the UK has natural water borders.

The UK is not part of Schengen. There is no obligatory free movement between mainland Europe and the UK due to the EU. They're also fully entitled to refuse taking refugees. And have the same rights to check anyone coming in if they are or aren't in the Union.

There also haven't been "millions" coming into the UK. Muslims, yes, but perfectly legal muslims that your country accepted as legal immigrants. Again, your choice. Germany isn't forcing you to take anyone. That's a decision they made by themselves. Unsurprisingly, the vast majority of the migrants consequently landed in Germany. 

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/images/c/cc/Number_of_%28non-EU%29_asylum_seekers_in_the_EU_and_EFTA_Member_States%2C_2016_and_2017_%28thousands_of_first_time_applicants%29_YB18.png

(these are all asylum applicants, including both the accepted and rejected.

Also, the refugee crisis is pretty much over, by now. 

https://www.ft.com/content/1db1a8ec-2c26-11e8-9b4b-bc4b9f08f381

http://migration.iom.int/docs/Q3_Overview_Arrivals_to_Europe.pdf

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Pemalite said:
melbye said:

Australia implements EU regulations when we aren't in the EU. Mostly for things like Tech/Safety standards.
And that's a good thing, because the EU have stringent guidelines and testing procedures.

KingCherry said:

I'm bemused that you, a German, has the nerve to type such drivel considering the total devastation your nation has caused over the past 100 years. Even now, you're trying to dominate everyone with Merkel at the helm. Seriously, your nation should still hang its head in shame, not sit back sniggering at Britain! Can you not understand why we want to get away from you?

Do you need to be so derogative? Who gives a shit if someone is German?
It's in the past, treat it as such.

I don't hold any ill-will for all the horrible things the British did in the past, especially when it came to the treatment of native inhabitants of various lands.

contestgamer said:

Uk has been getting a lot of non European migrants, thats what needed to be stopped.

Why did it need to be stopped?
Just because someone comes from outside the EU, doesn't mean they have nefarious reasons.

Perhaps you should look towards other nations who are highly successful and multicultural as an example?

VGPolyglot said:

Because I want countries to maintain their identities. Multicultural countries become Americanized countries. European countries have existed for thousands of years, with rich culture, geneology, customs, etc. America/Canada can be multicultural, because thats how they were created. Not every country needs to be. I dont even care if theyre good people or not, I care about maintaining identity and heritage. 

palou said:
contestgamer said:

The UK is not part of Schengen. There is no obligatory free movement between mainland Europe and the UK due to the EU. They're also fully entitled to refuse taking refugees. And have the same rights to check anyone coming in if they are or aren't in the Union.

There also haven't been "millions" coming into the UK. Muslims, yes, but perfectly legal muslims that your country accepted as legal immigrants. Again, your choice. Germany isn't forcing you to take anyone. That's a decision they made by themselves. Unsurprisingly, the vast majority of the migrants consequently landed in Germany. 

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/images/c/cc/Number_of_%28non-EU%29_asylum_seekers_in_the_EU_and_EFTA_Member_States%2C_2016_and_2017_%28thousands_of_first_time_applicants%29_YB18.png

Actually Germany is trying to FORCE redistribution of migrants across the eu. 

contestgamer said:

Because I want countries to maintain their identities. Multicultural countries become Americanized countries. European countries have existed for thousands of years, with rich culture, geneology, customs, etc. America/Canada can be multicultural, because thats how they were created. Not every country needs to be. I dont even care if theyre good people or not, I care about maintaining identity and heritage. 

And there we have it.

contestgamer said:
palou said:

Actually Germany is trying to FORCE redistribution of migrants across the eu. 

I mean... they can't. They can suggest it, and suggest it they did, but that's not something that can be done through the EU.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.