By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will host a Video presentation at E3 2018 featuring games releasing in 2018, 3 days of treehouse streaming

wombat123 said:
cycycychris said:

Looks like its what they normally do. I love there style of E3, its so direct and streamlined. Plus the treehouse streams are great, I'm excited to see what they have to show. I'm kind of disappointed to hear that there is no games from 2019 though. Maybe they'll sneak one or 2 in like they did last year.

I think the key phrase there is 'featuring games releasing in 2018'.  During the 2017 Digital Spotlight, the only games that were 'featured' in the sense that they were given more than 1½ minutes of air time were Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2 and the BotW DLC; all of which were released in 2017.   I assume Nintendo will keep the same format this year where Smash Bros, Fire Emblem and maybe one more game will get high-production three minute trailers while everything else like smaller titles, 3rd party releases and 2019 reveals get 1-1½ min trailers.

Right.  I didn't take from their release that they will only be covering 2018 games.  In fact, there is basically zero chance of that, as that's just not how these things ever go.  

Around the Network

Well, a bit dissapointing that no 2019 games will be shown.That makes seeing what Retro been up to a bit less likely.Not thats impossible of course.But given that the only title for late 2018 that we know of is Smash, I dont think we need to worry.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

No doubt their presence at E3 is the biggest. Treehouse, the big themed booth, tournaments.

Can't wait to see some few surprises.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Despite what they are saying i think there will be a tease of what's to come early 2019. Like i said in the other thread i think the focus will be on Smash, Yoshi, Fire Emblem and the yet to be announced Animal Crossing.

I kinda hope we'll get some more Smash news before E3. I'm starving for more details! At least, I can tell myself that until June 12th is the longest I'll have to wait.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

About this Games launching beyond 2018 will be "featured" at a later date, part, have on mind that Nintendo used similar (not same) wording for last E3 and some previous Directs and we always get more than they said we will, so I again definitely expect few 2019. announcements/showings in any case.

Miyamotoo said:

About this Games launching beyond 2018 will be "featured" at a later date, part, have on mind that Nintendo used similar (not same) wording for last E3 and some previous Directs and we always get more than they said we will, so I again definitely expect few 2019. announcements/showings in any case.

Even if they focus on 2018-only titles, it means later we'll get a hyped direct showing us 2019 and beyond games.

It's a win-win situation.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

@ Miyamotoo

Actually they didn't say the same thing:

"Nintendo’s E3 activities kick off Tuesday, June 13, at 9 a.m. PT with its Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view live at E3Nintendo.com, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching in 2017."

On topic:

I came here thinking "they can't do worse than in 2017". I was wrong!
Man, they must really have a buttload of titles coming in the second semester so they can leave 2019 titles for a later date... :|

Seriously, their 2017 presentation was a letdown - we now know why!. At least they could actually try and one up that, but no.

Amazing...

cant wait, nintendo e3 gonna be fun

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Pavolink said:
Miyamotoo said:

Even if they focus on 2018-only titles, it means later we'll get a hyped direct showing us 2019 and beyond games.

It's a win-win situation.

Of Course, but in most cases really big announcements are for E3 not for Directs.

DélioPT said:
@ Miyamotoo

Actually they didn't say the same thing:

"Nintendo’s E3 activities kick off Tuesday, June 13, at 9 a.m. PT with its Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view live at E3Nintendo.com, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching in 2017."

On topic:

I came here thinking "they can't do worse than in 2017". I was wrong!
Man, they must really have a buttload of titles coming in the second semester so they can leave 2019 titles for a later date... :|

Seriously, their 2017 presentation was a letdown - we now know why!. At least they could actually try and one up that, but no.

Amazing...

I didnt wrote they said same thing, I wrote similar thing.

They cant do worse than 2017!? Switch E3 last year was great. :)