By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will host a Video presentation at E3 2018 featuring games releasing in 2018, 3 days of treehouse streaming

Miyamotoo said:
Pavolink said:

Even if they focus on 2018-only titles, it means later we'll get a hyped direct showing us 2019 and beyond games.

It's a win-win situation.

Of Course, but in most cases really big announcements are for E3 not for Directs.

DélioPT said:
@ Miyamotoo

Actually they didn't say the same thing:

"Nintendo’s E3 activities kick off Tuesday, June 13, at 9 a.m. PT with its Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view live at E3Nintendo.com, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching in 2017."

On topic:

I came here thinking "they can't do worse than in 2017". I was wrong!
Man, they must really have a buttload of titles coming in the second semester so they can leave 2019 titles for a later date... :|

Seriously, their 2017 presentation was a letdown - we now know why!. At least they could actually try and one up that, but no.

Amazing...

I didnt wrote they said same thing, I wrote similar thing.

They cant do worse than 2017!? Switch E3 last year was great. :)

It's not similar either: one said focus in 2017 - leaving at least a small room for 2018/2019; another says "only" 2018 titles.
The purpose is really different.

The overall show? Maybe. Didn't really follow it a lot.
The Spotlight presentation? NO! 
Their best (teaser) reveals were games that were either, not coming in 2018 or most likely not coming in 2018.

Not to mention that the way they handled the actual presentation was really bad: bad planning of reveals, little exposure to a game like Fifa 18 and the graphical presentation was sub par. 
And 25 minutes long? Really? Even E3 2013 was 40 minutes.

Around the Network

Nintendo is much more secretive this generation than they were last time. Before it was like here are all the games coming out in the next 3 years! Now it is more like. No, you will not know anything about the games coming out more than 6 months from now! Ah oh well. makes sales predictions harder I suppose.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

twintail said:
Cloudman said:
I'm sure they'll at least have 1 or 2 surprises for 2019, I hope...

Then again, what do we know about the 2nd half of the year for their line up? The only think I can think of is Smash Bros. So there could be some really nice surprises at their E3 showing this year.

Of course we will. They just wont be the main featured titles for the direct. 

Yeah, that makes sense. Not much point in mentioning it if it's going to be a small part of it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

Of Course, but in most cases really big announcements are for E3 not for Directs.

I didnt wrote they said same thing, I wrote similar thing.

They cant do worse than 2017!? Switch E3 last year was great. :)

It's not similar either: one said focus in 2017 - leaving at least a small room for 2018/2019; another says "only" 2018 titles.

Their best (teaser) reveals were games that were either, not coming in 2018 or most likely not coming in 2018.

Not to mention that the way they handled the actual presentation was really bad: bad planning of reveals, little exposure to a game like Fifa 18 and the graphical presentation was sub par. 

No its similar, and look at hole part: "As in recent years, Nintendo will focus its E3 activities on games coming soon, with a special spotlight given to a key headlining title: the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game coming to the Nintendo Switch system this year. Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date". And key word here in "Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured" is "featured". You can bet (if you want we can bet) they will definatly show/announce some 2019. titles similar like they done last year, but again they will not be in focus.

No just for hole E3, general consensus was that Spotlight was very good and this was one best Nintendo E3 is years. Spotlight was short but packed, it was intesting, fun, its was very good managed, that's at least general consensus. 25m long but very good managed and packed they showed/announced 12 games and one DLC and whitout 3DS announcements (E3 2013. had also 3DS announcements), and of course more information and gameplay we received through Tree House.

Tbh, I only really care about seeing Fire Emblem. I’m fine with not seeing Pokémon, Metroid or Bayo 3 until later. Just show me Fire Emblem.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

No its similar, and look at hole part: "As in recent years, Nintendo will focus its E3 activities on games coming soon, with a special spotlight given to a key headlining title: the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game coming to the Nintendo Switch system this year. Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date". And key word here in "Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured" is "featured". You can bet (if you want we can bet) they will definatly show/announce some 2019. titles similar like they done last year, but again they will not be in focus.

No just for hole E3, general consensus was that Spotlight was very good and this was one best Nintendo E3 is years. Spotlight was short but packed, it was intesting, fun, its was very good managed, that's at least general consensus. 25m long but very good managed and packed they showed/announced 12 games and one DLC and whitout 3DS announcements (E3 2013. had also 3DS announcements), and of course more information and gameplay we received through Tree House.

The issue here is not the focus on games coming soon, it's on this part: "Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date"
Don't read too much into "featured".
If they intended to show 2019 games during E3 they wouldn't say anything about 2019 games being talked about later, they would do like they did last year "focus in games coming this year".

That clearly shows that they are only planning to show 2017 games.

Actually, i can't recall an E3 where they just showed (not focused on) games coming out in the (then) current year.

I have no idea what the general consensus is about Spotlight - and i hope this time you aren't talking about what this forum thought about it.
Fun and interesting? Good managed? 
They put more money and effort in those first clips than they did for Reggies and Takahashi's time.
They waisted two perfectly good announcements (Metroid and Pokémon) with an announcement of development. Announcements that could either be saved for a later date (closer to launch) or shown in a bigger way (although they couldn't!).

They showed/talked about 10 games; they revealed 3 new games (Yoshi, Kirby and R. league) and the other 7 were games that were either already out or coming soon.
FEWarriors presentation was boring and they managed to give Fifa 18, 20secs of exposure... 20 seconds.

Well managed? No.

DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

The issue here is not the focus on games coming soon, it's on this part: "Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date"
Don't read too much into "featured".
If they intended to show 2019 games during E3 they wouldn't say anything about 2019 games being talked about later, they would do like they did last year "focus in games coming this year".

That clearly shows that they are only planning to show 2017 games.

Actually, i can't recall an E3 where they just showed (not focused on) games coming out in the (then) current year.

I have no idea what the general consensus is about Spotlight - and i hope this time you aren't talking about what this forum thought about it.
Fun and interesting? Good managed? 
They put more money and effort in those first clips than they did for Reggies and Takahashi's time.
They waisted two perfectly good announcements (Metroid and Pokémon) with an announcement of development. Announcements that could either be saved for a later date (closer to launch) or shown in a bigger way (although they couldn't!).

They showed/talked about 10 games; they revealed 3 new games (Yoshi, Kirby and R. league) and the other 7 were games that were either already out or coming soon.
FEWarriors presentation was boring and they managed to give Fifa 18, 20secs of exposure... 20 seconds.

Well managed? No.

But they basicaly said again "Nintendo will focus its E3 activities on games coming soon". No, I will read in evrething they wrote, and how on mind how they mangaed last E3 and last few Directs, actualy ignoring all that and pay atentione only on "Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date" part is tottaly wrong. Again, you can bet (if you want we can bet?) they will definatly show/announce some 2019. titles similar like they done last year, but again they will not be in focus.

If you remember last year pre E3 talk, you also had concern about focus part, and I told you they will definitely have some announcements that are not 2017. despite focus part, and I was again right.

I talking about internet reactions, including this forum, neogaf, and games sites, YouTube...

Yes, fun and interesting and good managed. Point of Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4 announcements were to calm shitstorm because Pokemon and Metroid Prime announcements just for 3DS and no for Switch, totally logical and understandable move from Nintendo.

Wrong, they showed/talked about 12 games not 10, only one game from Spotlight was already out (ARMS), there were 6 new announcements (Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4, Kirby, Yoshi, Rocket League and Mario + Rabbids), and they talked/showed 5 games that were previously announced (Splatoon2, Fifa18, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey). Point that they showed Fifa in such short presentation is good enough, it's not like Fifa is exclusive game for Switch so that they need to gave much more spotlight on it.

So yes, pretty good managed, but nothing strange that I totally disagree with you. :)

So excited for it. I always do the bingo cards and have a get together for my friends to watch it every year.

My bets are on Fortnite, GTA V, Spyro, Smash Brothers with a ton of 3rd party character reveals, Animal Crossing, Mario Maker 2, Bayonetta 2, Red Dead Remaster, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Morphies' Law, Pokemon footage, and maybe a tease on Retro Studio's project and Metroid Prime 4 (IF they are coming this year, but sounds like both will likely be saved for a huge E3 focus next year.)

Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

But they basicaly said again "Nintendo will focus its E3 activities on games coming soon". No, I will read in evrething they wrote, and how on mind how they mangaed last E3 and last few Directs, actualy ignoring all that and pay atentione only on "Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date" part is tottaly wrong. Again, you can bet (if you want we can bet?) they will definatly show/announce some 2019. titles similar like they done last year, but again they will not be in focus.

If you remember last year pre E3 talk, you also had concern about focus part, and I told you they will definitely have some announcements that are not 2017. despite focus part, and I was again right.

I talking about internet reactions, including this forum, neogaf, and games sites, YouTube...

Yes, fun and interesting and good managed. Point of Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4 announcements were to calm shitstorm because Pokemon and Metroid Prime announcements just for 3DS and no for Switch, totally logical and understandable move from Nintendo.

Wrong, they showed/talked about 12 games not 10, only one game from Spotlight was already out (ARMS), there were 6 new announcements (Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4, Kirby, Yoshi, Rocket League and Mario + Rabbids), and they talked/showed 5 games that were previously announced (Splatoon2, Fifa18, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey). Point that they showed Fifa in such short presentation is good enough, it's not like Fifa is exclusive game for Switch so that they need to gave much more spotlight on it.

So yes, pretty good managed, but nothing strange that I totally disagree with you. :)

But the "Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date" is what's different from other years! That's really the point here: when Nintendo  specifically says something like this, then they do have the intention of holding back those announcements for a later reveal.

This is what they DIDN'T do last year.

My "problem" with the focus in 2017, was not if they were going to show 2018 games or not; My problem was with them not focusing on 2018, instead.
And actually, you were the one who said that i shouldn't worry, that they would reveal at a later date in 2018. How did that turn out for you?

Not wanting to make this a competition, but i was kinda right: they didn't reveal more for 2018, because they were low on titles for this year.
The first semester releases clearly show that. Not to mention that there isn't a single NEW 1st party title for the first half of 2018 - is there?

You're right, i forgot M+R. I counted wrong.
Oh, M+R had already been announced. That doesn't count.

They don't need to spend a lot of time on FIFA 18, because it's not exclusive, but they can spend a lot more time on Rocket League, which isn't exclusive?
And 20 seconds on such an important franchise is enough for you? Sure isn't enough for me, but ok.

In reality, they waisted time on a comercial for Arms (nothing new); put in a comercial (nothing new) for Splatoon 2: another (nothing new, aswell) for Fifa 18; showed Rocket League twice; the Reggie and Takahashi segments could have been handheld way, way better; wrong video for FEWarriors; 2 waisted announcements (they didn't announce Pokémon and Metroid because some fans were upset about Pokémon on 3DS or some fans were dying to know about Metroid; they announced because they had anything better, otherwise they would have saved them for later. Nintendo is not a company that decides stuff this big because some fans got upset); re-introduced M+R.

So, the only thing that they actually had to show (really show!), were 3 games: Kirby, Yoshi and Rocket League.
Because, announcing stuff is always easier than showing. All you need to do is start a project - or not - and announce it.

Yeah, it seems that we are bound to continuing to disagree! :D

DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

But the "Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date" is what's different from other years! That's really the point here: when Nintendo  specifically says something like this, then they do have the intention of holding back those announcements for a later reveal.

This is what they DIDN'T do last year.

My "problem" with the focus in 2017, was not if they were going to show 2018 games or not; My problem was with them not focusing on 2018, instead.
And actually, you were the one who said that i shouldn't worry, that they would reveal at a later date in 2018. How did that turn out for you?

Not wanting to make this a competition, but i was kinda right: they didn't reveal more for 2018, because they were low on titles for this year.
The first semester releases clearly show that. Not to mention that there isn't a single NEW 1st party title for the first half of 2018 - is there?

You're right, i forgot M+R. I counted wrong.
Oh, M+R had already been announced. That doesn't count.

They don't need to spend a lot of time on FIFA 18, because it's not exclusive, but they can spend a lot more time on Rocket League, which isn't exclusive?
And 20 seconds on such an important franchise is enough for you? Sure isn't enough for me, but ok.

In reality, they waisted time on a comercial for Arms (nothing new); put in a comercial (nothing new) for Splatoon 2: another (nothing new, aswell) for Fifa 18; showed Rocket League twice; the Reggie and Takahashi segments could have been handheld way, way better; wrong video for FEWarriors; 2 waisted announcements (they didn't announce Pokémon and Metroid because some fans were upset about Pokémon on 3DS or some fans were dying to know about Metroid; they announced because they had anything better, otherwise they would have saved them for later. Nintendo is not a company that decides stuff this big because some fans got upset); re-introduced M+R.

So, the only thing that they actually had to show (really show!), were 3 games: Kirby, Yoshi and Rocket League.
Because, announcing stuff is always easier than showing. All you need to do is start a project - or not - and announce it.

Yeah, it seems that we are bound to continuing to disagree! :D

Thats a different, but if we look at everything they said about this E3, sounds similar, why they again said "Nintendo will focus its E3 activities on games coming soon"!? Also what exatly "featured" means!? They can show short trailer or gave us announcements of some game that dont come in 2018. and at later date we will get more infos about that game. Also even in Twitter announcement they said "a video presentation focusing on #NintendoSwitch games coming this year".

Again, do you want to bet that they will definitely show/announce some 2019. games at E3!?

Your problem was that you couldnt accept that Nintendo is focusing on titles that will be released in near future, not on games that will be released in year or two. They did actually announce more games after E3 for instance in September Direct, and now at E3 they will announce more 2018. games that are not yet announced and we will again most likly have some 2018. announcements even after E3 like we had last year. Also do you remember that you were saying Switch want have nothing in Q1 of 2018. because they didnt gave us any release date for 2018/2019. games from E3 2017. and than they later announced that Bayonetta 1/2 will be released in February and Kirby in March!?

Again you are wrong and you clearly dont know what are you talking about, basically hole Switch 1H 2018. lineup except Kirby is announced after E3 2017. (actualy most of them were announced after December), Bayonetta 1/2, Kirby, Nintendo Labo, South Park, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Battle Chasers Nightwar, Hyrule Warriors: Definite Edition, Mega Man: Legacy Collection 1+2, Little Nightmares: Complete Edition, Mario Tennis Aces, YS YIII: Lacrimosa of DANA, Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection, LEGO Incredibles, Wolfenstein II: The New Colussus...

Again you show that you clearly dont know what are you talking about, in first half of 2018. there are 3 new games: Kirby, Labo and Mario Tennis.

Wrong again, you said 10 titles, I mentioned 12 titles, so you are wrong even if you dont count M+R. Its crazy to not count M+R when game was in Spotlight and game was announced at E3 and was released only around 2 months after announcement.

Fifa was not new announcement, we already know that Fifa is coming to Switch, Rocket League was new announcement so it made more sense to have more time for new announcement, it's clear sense.

How can they waste time on ARMS when game was releasing only 3 days after Nintendo Spotlight, it made totaly sense to market that game, same could be said for any other game they showed and that was previously announced including Fifa. Acutaly they did, they announced Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4 announcements were to calm shitstorm because Pokemon and Metroid Prime announcements just for 3DS and no for Switch, totally logical and understandable move from Nintendo. Ask your self why those two games were only announcements without even trailer or year release, do you relly think that's coincidence that before those two kind of announcements, they already announced Metroid and Pokemon for 3DS and we had shitstorm because those IPs dont coming to Switch!? Your point that they didnt had anuthing else to announce so they announced Metroid and Pokemon also dont make sense, because they could announced Mario Tennis and Smash Bros for instance if they wanted but they didnt. Nintendo changed quite a lot with Switch with way how they managing things but you still fail too see that.

Fact is that had 6 new announcements in Nintendo E3 Spotlight, how much games they showed dont change that fact.

Not just we dont disagree, but you clearly in most cases dont know what are you talking about and you are very often wrong, so again, I relly dont see point of continue with this, so I will not reply any more to you on this matear. But you could at least answer to me, do you want to bet that they will definitely show/announce some 2019. games at E3!?

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 29 April 2018