By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will host a Video presentation at E3 2018 featuring games releasing in 2018, 3 days of treehouse streaming

DélioPT said:
Nautilus said:

I think you are alone on believing 2017 E3 was a letdown.

Don't know about that, but doesn't really matter.

I'm just giving my opinion.

As am I.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
DélioPT said:

Don't know about that, but doesn't really matter.

I'm just giving my opinion.

As am I.

I know. :)

DélioPT said:
Nautilus said:

As am I.

I know. :)

Me too! :)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Cerebralbore101 said:
Until this E3 presentation comes out, I won't know if Nintendo's 2018 will be amazing, or disappointing. All we have confirmed so far for this year is Octopath, and Fire Emblem. Sure, the ports are nice, but new games are the lifeblood of a platform. IMO you need 4-5 new games on your platform a year or you are not doing well.

Hopefully the Animal Crossing rumors are true, and hopefully Smash winds up being at least a deluxe edition of Smash 4. That would at least put them at four games, one being a port of an evergreen title. Then we have Pillars of Eternity II coming to the system, so if that isn't delayed they should be good.

But I could just as easily see Nintendo having just ports and Smash 4, which would make 2018 a real stinker. Octopath could wind up getting poor reviews/sales, and Fire Emblem/Pillars could get delayed.

I don't think Nintendo sees it this way though. They probably think that Smash/Zelda/Odyssey/Kart will sell the system no matter how few games come out for it. And they are right in the short term. But if people ever get that same "No games to play" feel that Wii U had, it's over for Nintendo in the long term.

They also have Smash and Yoshi. Add in there Kirby and there you have the 5 games per year.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile