By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will host a Video presentation at E3 2018 featuring games releasing in 2018, 3 days of treehouse streaming

Until this E3 presentation comes out, I won't know if Nintendo's 2018 will be amazing, or disappointing. All we have confirmed so far for this year is Octopath, and Fire Emblem. Sure, the ports are nice, but new games are the lifeblood of a platform. IMO you need 4-5 new games on your platform a year or you are not doing well.

Hopefully the Animal Crossing rumors are true, and hopefully Smash winds up being at least a deluxe edition of Smash 4. That would at least put them at four games, one being a port of an evergreen title. Then we have Pillars of Eternity II coming to the system, so if that isn't delayed they should be good.

But I could just as easily see Nintendo having just ports and Smash 4, which would make 2018 a real stinker. Octopath could wind up getting poor reviews/sales, and Fire Emblem/Pillars could get delayed.

I don't think Nintendo sees it this way though. They probably think that Smash/Zelda/Odyssey/Kart will sell the system no matter how few games come out for it. And they are right in the short term. But if people ever get that same "No games to play" feel that Wii U had, it's over for Nintendo in the long term.

Around the Network

You forget about Yoshi (since the previous E3, the game has definitely become much prettier) and Mario Tennis (Mario Tennis will probably getting free DLC and events like Splatoon and ARMS). And Nintendo mention about few big third party titles. Switch will have another good year. That for sure.

DélioPT said:
@ Miyamotoo

Actually they didn't say the same thing:

"Nintendo’s E3 activities kick off Tuesday, June 13, at 9 a.m. PT with its Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view live at E3Nintendo.com, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching in 2017."

On topic:

I came here thinking "they can't do worse than in 2017". I was wrong!
Man, they must really have a buttload of titles coming in the second semester so they can leave 2019 titles for a later date... :|

Seriously, their 2017 presentation was a letdown - we now know why!. At least they could actually try and one up that, but no.

Amazing...

I think you are alone on believing 2017 E3 was a letdown.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

The game i want to see most at e3 is skyward sword hd and that's not a joke. I love linear zelda games and with standard controls or an option for it plus a 1080p resolution would make it my favourite zelda game.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Until this E3 presentation comes out, I won't know if Nintendo's 2018 will be amazing, or disappointing. All we have confirmed so far for this year is Octopath, and Fire Emblem. Sure, the ports are nice, but new games are the lifeblood of a platform. IMO you need 4-5 new games on your platform a year or you are not doing well.

Hopefully the Animal Crossing rumors are true, and hopefully Smash winds up being at least a deluxe edition of Smash 4. That would at least put them at four games, one being a port of an evergreen title. Then we have Pillars of Eternity II coming to the system, so if that isn't delayed they should be good.

But I could just as easily see Nintendo having just ports and Smash 4, which would make 2018 a real stinker. Octopath could wind up getting poor reviews/sales, and Fire Emblem/Pillars could get delayed.

I don't think Nintendo sees it this way though. They probably think that Smash/Zelda/Odyssey/Kart will sell the system no matter how few games come out for it. And they are right in the short term. But if people ever get that same "No games to play" feel that Wii U had, it's over for Nintendo in the long term.

Fire Emblem, Yoshi and Smash Bros are all confirmed for 2018. release.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Right, but Smash is likely a port. When's the last time a Yoshi game got above 79 average review scores? 

Metroid33slayer said:
The game i want to see most at e3 is skyward sword hd and that's not a joke. I love linear zelda games and with standard controls or an option for it plus a 1080p resolution would make it my favourite zelda game.

Isn't it too soon for another Zelda remake? Breath of the Wild is still selling gangbusters, so there's no need to release an HD release of SS this soon, unlike with Twilight Princess HD, when they desperately needed games for the WiiU to pad out the library until the NX was released.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Right, but Smash is likely a port. When's the last time a Yoshi game got above 79 average review scores? 

Actualy Smash is probably new game, there are couple things point its new game not port, and Nintendo would not focus E3 around port Wii U. Who cares if Yoshi will have metascore above 79, Yoshi's Woolly World is very good game and has 78 metascore, game is developed buy Good Feel same that made Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Woolly World so most likly game will again be quite good.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Hard to tell if Smash is a port since, for the most part, the ports that were announced like DKC: TF, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken, and MK8D, they’ve shown pretty much everything. With the latest Smash teaser, all they showed was that Inklings are confirmed, Link is based on his BoTW form, and the game will release in 2018. No gameplay or confirmed new features or even the same roster. That’s not how Nintendo usually announced their ports, Deluxe or simple ports.

Nautilus said:
DélioPT said:
@ Miyamotoo

Actually they didn't say the same thing:

"Nintendo’s E3 activities kick off Tuesday, June 13, at 9 a.m. PT with its Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view live at E3Nintendo.com, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching in 2017."

On topic:

I came here thinking "they can't do worse than in 2017". I was wrong!
Man, they must really have a buttload of titles coming in the second semester so they can leave 2019 titles for a later date... :|

Seriously, their 2017 presentation was a letdown - we now know why!. At least they could actually try and one up that, but no.

Amazing...

I think you are alone on believing 2017 E3 was a letdown.

Don't know about that, but doesn't really matter.

I'm just giving my opinion.