By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spoilers!!! Infinity wars plot discussion spoilers do not click if you want to watch it

It was a great action movie and the Russo bros juggled the many many characters much better than Wheedon is Ultron. I'm pretty sure anyone who died in the snap will come back. It would be unthinkable for Marvel to kill off all these franchises. I'm very excited to see the next movie and also the Captain Marvel movie next March.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
It was a great action movie and the Russo bros juggled the many many characters much better than Wheedon is Ultron. I'm pretty sure anyone who died in the snap will come back. It would be unthinkable for Marvel to kill off all these franchises. I'm very excited to see the next movie and also the Captain Marvel movie next March.

Almost everyone I've talked to has said this in some form or other, basically that the movie re-ignited their desire to ride the MCU train further and see where it goes, considering movies like Star Wars 8 pretty much wrapped up a lot of the stories I was interested in and basically gave me no hype for 9 at all... Infinity war has me counting the days until the next panel of this comic book story.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I finally saw it yesterday and damn that was an amazing film! One of the best in the MCU.

I think most of the snap deaths will be reversed in the next movie though, if not all of them. I'm just curious as to if the people who died before it will stay dead like Loki, Vision, Heimdall, Gamora, etc. I think Gamora will be brought back somehow since I can't see the next Guardians movie going on without her.

I really love what the MCU has done with Thor now as well with Ragnarok and Infinity War. I liked his character already before, but they've given him such a huge upgrade now.

Also "Get lost Squidward" was one of the best lines in the movie lmao, so many great lines in there. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 29 April 2018

Ganoncrotch said:
Angelus said:

Oh ya....they really establish her to be inexperienced and scared by having Hawkeye show up and tell her to "get off her ass," which prompts her to pile drive Vision 50 yards or so underground (while manipulating his infinity stone) for no real reason. Why are they even together all of a sudden? Other than "because they get together in the comics." Matter of fact, why does the same romance subplot of "you have to kill me if it comes to it!" exist twice in this movie? When the pacing is already this hectic, and you got this much shit going on, wtf is the point?

I also don't buy the whole emotional instability of Wanda. If she can muster the strength she needs to kill Vision, who she supposedly loves, then she can muster the strength/adrenaline response necessary to defend him in the middle of the movie.

Keep in mind where her fuck up happened last time, she was in the middle of a crowded city area with lots of civilians around her, much like in Scotland where she first appeared with Vision, also... remember they were both just chilling out on a romantic get away, they were not expecting someone to drive a stake through Visions (previously God like) body. The second time she uses her powers she is on a battlefield, there are no civilians there, every person on the field is fighting and knows they are potentially risking their lives, also... she is not in "picnic with lover" mindset.

Ultimately, I think they've just done a poor job of clearly defining her powers. Not just in terms of what her true power level is, but also WHAT her powers even are. For example, when we're first introduced to her, she has the ability to manipulate people's minds. What ever happened to that? Seems like it would be a neat party trick vs a bunch of supped up bad guys. In Age of Ultron you very much get the impression that she basically does magic, now her power set comes across more like a telekinetic with red lights. If you tweaked her red visuals slightly, and made them fire, she'd basically be the Phoenix at this point. Does Feige know he's getting the Xmen soon?

Lawlight said:
Ganoncrotch said:

In the same paragraph you complain that they tried to put everyone in... and that they didn't put them all together for a scene?

They didn't include everyone anyway, Clint Barton (Hawkeye) and Scott Lang (Ant-Man) did not feature in the movie from the MCU.

Also as I've said earlier, Hulk is strong, but not stupid, he lost to Thanos in a 1v1 without the use of his Gauntlet on the refugee ship at the time which just had 2 Stones in it, there was no way he was going to show to get destroyed by him when he came to Earth with 4 stones. Green guy has his pride to mind.

So Hulk would rather have Banner killed and die than take a chance and fight Thanos’s henchmen along with the other Avengers?

He would just switch to Hulk rather than die. Thats how his power works.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Keep in mind where her fuck up happened last time, she was in the middle of a crowded city area with lots of civilians around her, much like in Scotland where she first appeared with Vision, also... remember they were both just chilling out on a romantic get away, they were not expecting someone to drive a stake through Visions (previously God like) body. The second time she uses her powers she is on a battlefield, there are no civilians there, every person on the field is fighting and knows they are potentially risking their lives, also... she is not in "picnic with lover" mindset.

Ultimately, I think they've just done a poor job of clearly defining her powers. Not just in terms of what her true power level is, but also WHAT her powers even are. For example, when we're first introduced to her, she has the ability to manipulate people's minds. What ever happened to that? Seems like it would be a neat party trick vs a bunch of supped up bad guys. In Age of Ultron you very much get the impression that she basically does magic, now her power set comes across more like a telekinetic with red lights. If you tweaked her red visuals slightly, and made them fire, she'd basically be the Phoenix at this point. Does Feige know he's getting the Xmen soon?

The reason you probably do not get any definition of her power is the same with a lot of superhero movies that tries to explain something that took multiple series within a comic in a 2 hour movie where a particular character is not the main.  You either know about wanda and her link to the mind stone and her powers or you do not.  If you do not she is just another character in a sea of characters with red glowing hands that does something.  Also her powers is not mind control its reality control.  Either way, in the end you can pretty much nick pick any movie over this or that, the overall presentation was pretty solid and does make you want to see the next film right away.

Who knows, maybe they will give her a bigger role in some Marvel chick flick or something either way I call it a non issue.  

Machiavellian said:
Angelus said:

The reason you probably do not get any definition of her power is the same with a lot of superhero movies that tries to explain something that took multiple series within a comic in a 2 hour movie where a particular character is not the main.  You either know about wanda and her link to the mind stone and her powers or you do not.  If you do not she is just another character in a sea of characters with red glowing hands that does something.  Also her powers is not mind control its reality control.  Either way, in the end you can pretty much nick pick any movie over this or that, the overall presentation was pretty solid and does make you want to see the next film right away.

Who knows, maybe they will give her a bigger role in some Marvel chick flick or something either way I call it a non issue.  

I never said I didn't enjoy the movie. Though, calling it a movie feels almost odd. Watching it feels more like watching a very long season finale of show, rather than a self contained movie with a beginning, middle, and end. In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it is is. Doesn't mean I can't nitpick. I like to nitpick.

Angelus said:
Machiavellian said:

I never said I didn't enjoy the movie. Though, calling it a movie feels almost odd. Watching it feels more like watching a very long season finale of show, rather than a self contained movie with a beginning, middle, and end. In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it is is. Doesn't mean I can't nitpick. I like to nitpick.

Most middle sequels are like that.  Going into the movie, I wonder did anyone expect this to be the final.  It ended pretty much like any movie that might have a 2 to 3 movies to tie up the saga.  I look at it like the first 3 star wars movies.  Nothing really wrong with nitpicking, I guess I was getting the wrong vibe, text is hard that way.  I can definitely agree that if you did not read any marvel comics you would be wondering what the heck is her power.  

You kind of get a nod to this point from the movie when she hits the battlefield. Throws those machines back at the enemy and Black Panther captain of his guard says, why the hell was she not on the battlefield.  I am sure the directors and writers know that they were pretty thin with Wanda and what she can do but time budget is huge in a movie like this and it was already long.

This was a really weird movie. As a traditional movie, its underwhelming. As a culmination of 10 years of work and this basically being the first part to a 2 part movie, its really satisfying.

Ganoncrotch said:

Almost everyone I've talked to has said this in some form or other, basically that the movie re-ignited their desire to ride the MCU train further and see where it goes, considering movies like Star Wars 8 pretty much wrapped up a lot of the stories I was interested in and basically gave me no hype for 9 at all... Infinity war has me counting the days until the next panel of this comic book story.

Part of my fanboyism causes me to just sigh at the idea of Captain Marvel film. Carol is not Mar-Vell. She can't stand up to him and reading her as 'Ms Marvel' all those years just kind makes me sad that a character that's held is such high regard in the MU won't ever be in the MCU because of Carol Danvers.

Hmm, pie.