By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spoilers!!! Infinity wars plot discussion spoilers do not click if you want to watch it

Watched it last friday and I gotta say I loved it! It easily surpassed my expectations. I don't consider myself a fan, and I certainly don't understand some things, but I'm really liking this MCU. Guardians of the Galaxy is already among my favorite franchises ever, and I'm really liking the new Spiderman (it's very fresh and fun in a good way). Doctor Strange was another movie I liked too.

Anyway, I still need to complain about some things. It's nothing major, just things that bugged me a bit. One of those things is how Vision was handled inconsistently. I mean, he seemed powerful on other movies, but on Infinity War he looked like the weakest of the bunch (Wanda seemed inconsistent for me too). He couldn't keep with the black order guys at all and had his ass handled to him the whole movie by ANY enemy. I mean, wtf? Isn't he supposed to be powerful since he has an infinity stone carved on his head? O.o He should be able to at least put up a fight.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:

Anyway, I still need to complain about some things. It's nothing major, just things that bugged me a bit. One of those things is how Vision was handled inconsistently. I mean, he seemed powerful on other movies, but on Infinity War he looked like the weakest of the bunch (Wanda seemed inconsistent for me too). He couldn't keep with the black order guys at all and had his ass handled to him the whole movie by ANY enemy. I mean, wtf? Isn't he supposed to be powerful since he has an infinity stone carved on his head? O.o He should be able to at least put up a fight.

This is all to set up for a big comeback from him in Part 2. The Mind Stone was communicating with him throughout the movie, meaning he might be the only one to know something about the infinity stones that no one else does. Also, during the Wakanda battle, Shuri obviously does something right before the room gets assaulted. I'm willing to bet she was backing up Vision's consciousness or something of the sorts. Vision isn't gone and he will be more powerful than ever in Part 2.

I wonder how Marvel plan to promote the untitled Spider-Man sequel slated for release, July 5th 2019. A teaser trailer is usually released 6-7 months before the movie's release, but can the Spider-Man sequel do that? I mean, that would kind of spoil the untitled Avengers movie next year..

Unless they decide to introduce Miles Morales.

We didn't need your damn film synopsis in order to get your opinion. We did SEE the movie, ya know?

Also, the ending wasn't climactic at all and pandered to idiots. The heroes deserved an actual death, not genocide by gauntlet. Stupid ending to a great movie.

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
We didn't need your damn film synopsis in order to get your opinion. We did SEE the movie, ya know?

Also, the ending wasn't climactic at all and pandered to idiots. The heroes deserved an actual death, not genocide by gauntlet. Stupid ending to a great movie.

I find the ending great. They needed to protect the stones to avoid giving Thanos more than godlike powers. It was clear since the beginning that if he took all the stones, he would wipe half of the universe and they wouldn't be able to stop him anymore. 

Basically all other superhero movies would have given the stones to Thanos and then found a way to keep him from using it and beat him anyway (like the dance off in Guardians, or all the other last second saves). Not here. They failed. So half of the universe dies instantly and there is nothing they can do about it anymore. It shows perfectly the consequences of their failure and the real power of the stones. They're entirely powerless against it because of their failure. Showing that powerlessness is an awesome way to end the movie. 

Anyway, they will most likely come back for part of them in the next movie. And this time, I bet we'll get "real action deaths" from the team who'll try to undo this. Pretty much guaranteed since the MCU will get major changes in its phase 2.

The good thing is every single person returning will probably make the MCU jump the shark, then we can kill the verse, give DC it's stars back via Nolanverse retcons and return Spiderman to Sam Raimi where he belongs...

Faelco said: 

Anyway, they will most likely come back for part of them in the next movie. And this time, I bet we'll get "real action deaths" from the team who'll try to undo this. Pretty much guaranteed since the MCU will get major changes in its phase 2.

The MCU is currently in Phase 3.

Mordred11 said:
Faelco said: 

I know, and you can call it anything you want. I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about anyway. Let's go with "Version 2" then. The one without the original Avengers, but with the Fox and new heroes. 

Faelco said:
Mordred11 said:

I know, and you can call it anything you want. I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about anyway. Let's go with "Version 2" then. The one without the original Avengers, but with the Fox and new heroes. 

It's said the people who "died" are actually in a dimension created by Soul Stone and thus, just like how Thanos had to sacrifice Gamora for the Soul Stone, there will need to be some kind of sacrifice to bring back everyone who died by the infinity gauntlet. The original avengers might sacrifice themselves for that purpose.