By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spoilers!!! Infinity wars plot discussion spoilers do not click if you want to watch it

Lawlight said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Thanos had the reality stone, he could create a reality around Dr. Strange where by the Time stone simply didn't function the way he would expect it to, it's why he wasn't even wearing it during the encounter but had teleported it elsewhere.

Strange would have seen many instances of the 14million potential futures where he tried to use the stone against Thanos and failed and was killed doing so... think about it, the way he surrendered the stone every death there was done by the Soul stone power of Thanos there by storing those people within the stone, if he had fought until Thanos killed some of them then submitted and gave him the stone those people who were killed would not be restored.

He could have just surrendered the stone without a fight then. Why go through the hassle of fighting Thanos? And isn’t the power of the reality stone just illusionary? Because otherwise he could easily have obtained the time stone.

Reality actually alters the laws of existence as seen in Thor: Dark World.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Ulternia said:

You completely forgot The Scarlet Witch and Vision.

I highly expect most of the characters will come back. Dr. Strange already saw the only way they could defeat Thanos and that was why he surrendered the Time Stone. I highly expect we’ll see Tony Stark either die or retire in the sequel from the way Strange kept apologizing and saying “it was the only way.”

Imagine the PTSD that Dr. Strange must have suffered watching them all die 14million times..... I mean... I just seen it twice in the cinema and I can barely take it!

The important thing to remember is that he has no emotional attachment to the Avengers. That’s why it was completely out of character when he broke his oath and sacrificed the Time Stone to save Stark’s life - that alone should have tipped most viewers off that he has an end game planned and he was playing Thanos. I highly expect we’ll see that in Infinity War 2.

Lawlight said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Thanos had the reality stone, he could create a reality around Dr. Strange where by the Time stone simply didn't function the way he would expect it to, it's why he wasn't even wearing it during the encounter but had teleported it elsewhere.

Strange would have seen many instances of the 14million potential futures where he tried to use the stone against Thanos and failed and was killed doing so... think about it, the way he surrendered the stone every death there was done by the Soul stone power of Thanos there by storing those people within the stone, if he had fought until Thanos killed some of them then submitted and gave him the stone those people who were killed would not be restored.

He could have just surrendered the stone without a fight then. Why go through the hassle of fighting Thanos? And isn’t the power of the reality stone just illusionary? Because otherwise he could easily have obtained the time stone.

He used the Time Stone prior to the battle. He knew what the only positive outcome was to beat Thanos. And giving Thanos the Stone right away not only would have given Thanos more time, but it would also make him doubt Doctor Strange. Strange had to distract him and make his actions believable otherwise Thanos would have probably realized he needed to use the Time Stone to see what Strange saw.

Ganoncrotch said:
SecondWar said:

Fixed

Groot has been dead and replaced from a sprout before, Ant Man 2 isn't based on infinity war it's based after Civil war just ends.

There is a list of 13 people who aren't Peter Parker who have assumed the role of Spider man at a point, taking into account Thanos's glove effect this should mean that 7 of this list would still be alive to take up the role.

https://screenrant.com/spider-man-characters-besides-peter-parker/

Black Panther is said to have protected Wakanda for Generations, this means that T'challa has obviously not always been the man inside the suit there are many warriors left in Wakanda who could assume the role of their protector.

if you were going to fix the list you could have just added Nebula to the surviving list as she's is one that I missed if she lived or died until I rewatched it today, the rest of what you wrote is just your speculation always remember the MCU has taken twists from the comics and expectations.

wow, I had totally forgotten that they implied the existence of Miles Morales in Homecoming, so this could be the perfect opportunity to bring him into the storyline. 

Lets talk about how Scarlett Witch is powerful enough to simultaneously destroy an infinity stone/kill Vision, and hold back Thanos (who has all the other stones)......yet needs Cap and Black Widow to save her ass earlier in the movie from a couple scrub black order goons. Legit

Ganoncrotch said:
Lawlight said:

That better be it because otherwise it would have been dumb to surrender the Time stone. Also, why didn’t he use it?

This is a good point.  Him surrendering the Stone to save Stark life is the big give away.  The less permanent death the better.  I was thinking about that part as well and thought it plugged some holes in Dr Strange decision.  Especially since Thanos specifically asked Dr Strange why he never used the stone as if he was ready for him to try.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Lets talk about how Scarlett Witch is powerful enough to simultaneously destroy an infinity stone/kill Vision, and hold back Thanos (who has all the other stones)......yet needs Cap and Black Widow to save her ass earlier in the movie from a couple scrub black order goons. Legit

In the comic she basically can bend reality around her and is probably on the same level as any of the most powerful mutants.  The other part about Wanda is that she is also very unstable and does not have not mastered her powers.  Emotions make her more power but even more unstable so it fits her formula.  Also its not like Thanos was in any great hurry to stop her since he know he could reverse what she was doing.

Angelus said:

Ever since Civil War they have established that she is both unexperienced and scared to use her powers because she blames herself for the death of all of those people in the building that she blew up.  So I kind of understand her not going full on power on those guys in the middle of the city. 

Now, the scene with Thanos was totally different, there was absolutely no reason for her holding back.  On the contrary, she had all the reasons to let herself go all out. 

chakkra said:
Angelus said:

Ever since Civil War they have established that she is both unexperienced and scared to use her powers because she blames herself for the death of all of those people in the building that she blew up.  So I kind of understand her not going full on power on those guys in the middle of the city. 

Now, the scene with Thanos was totally different, there was absolutely no reason for her holding back.  On the contrary, she had all the reasons to let herself go all out. 

Oh ya....they really establish her to be inexperienced and scared by having Hawkeye show up and tell her to "get off her ass," which prompts her to pile drive Vision 50 yards or so underground (while manipulating his infinity stone) for no real reason. Why are they even together all of a sudden? Other than "because they get together in the comics." Matter of fact, why does the same romance subplot of "you have to kill me if it comes to it!" exist twice in this movie? When the pacing is already this hectic, and you got this much shit going on, wtf is the point?

I also don't buy the whole emotional instability of Wanda. If she can muster the strength she needs to kill Vision, who she supposedly loves, then she can muster the strength/adrenaline response necessary to defend him in the middle of the movie.

Angelus said:
chakkra said:

Oh ya....they really establish her to be inexperienced and scared by having Hawkeye show up and tell her to "get off her ass," which prompts her to pile drive Vision 50 yards or so underground (while manipulating his infinity stone) for no real reason. Why are they even together all of a sudden? Other than "because they get together in the comics." Matter of fact, why does the same romance subplot of "you have to kill me if it comes to it!" exist twice in this movie? When the pacing is already this hectic, and you got this much shit going on, wtf is the point?

I also don't buy the whole emotional instability of Wanda. If she can muster the strength she needs to kill Vision, who she supposedly loves, then she can muster the strength/adrenaline response necessary to defend him in the middle of the movie.

Keep in mind where her fuck up happened last time, she was in the middle of a crowded city area with lots of civilians around her, much like in Scotland where she first appeared with Vision, also... remember they were both just chilling out on a romantic get away, they were not expecting someone to drive a stake through Visions (previously God like) body. The second time she uses her powers she is on a battlefield, there are no civilians there, every person on the field is fighting and knows they are potentially risking their lives, also... she is not in "picnic with lover" mindset.

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 29 April 2018

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ulternia said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Imagine the PTSD that Dr. Strange must have suffered watching them all die 14million times..... I mean... I just seen it twice in the cinema and I can barely take it!

The important thing to remember is that he has no emotional attachment to the Avengers. That’s why it was completely out of character when he broke his oath and sacrificed the Time Stone to save Stark’s life - that alone should have tipped most viewers off that he has an end game planned and he was playing Thanos. I highly expect we’ll see that in Infinity War 2.

Lawlight said:

He used the Time Stone prior to the battle. He knew what the only positive outcome was to beat Thanos. And giving Thanos the Stone right away not only would have given Thanos more time, but it would also make him doubt Doctor Strange. Strange had to distract him and make his actions believable otherwise Thanos would have probably realized he needed to use the Time Stone to see what Strange saw.

He might not have an emotional attachment to anyone else... but in 14million futures with deaths given out at random chances are Dr Strange saw his own demise close to 7 million times. Would be fucking tough to emotionally remove yourself from that.

@Lawlight, He turned Quills gun from being a weapon that would kill gamora into a bubble blowing toy... then turned that into bubbles as well, you have to imagine then that it could also alter the reality of what the time stone is capable of, wouldn't be very impressive if Dr. Strange played his trump card and all that came from his magic was a stream of bubbles at 88mph

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive