By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Spoilers!!! Infinity wars plot discussion spoilers do not click if you want to watch it

The movie was kinda weak. Some character decisions were just downright dumb. And the way they tried to put everyone in was too forced. Also, it is disappointing to see that at no point do we see all the Avengers together at the same time. And the Hulk - wtf?



Around the Network

Finally a good Avengers film.



SecondWar said:
Ganoncrotch said:

 

Fixed

Groot has been dead and replaced from a sprout before, Ant Man 2 isn't based on infinity war it's based after Civil war just ends.

There is a list of 13 people who aren't Peter Parker who have assumed the role of Spider man at a point, taking into account Thanos's glove effect this should mean that 7 of this list would still be alive to take up the role.

https://screenrant.com/spider-man-characters-besides-peter-parker/

Black Panther is said to have protected Wakanda for Generations, this means that T'challa has obviously not always been the man inside the suit there are many warriors left in Wakanda who could assume the role of their protector.

 

if you were going to fix the list you could have just added Nebula to the surviving list as she's is one that I missed if she lived or died until I rewatched it today, the rest of what you wrote is just your speculation always remember the MCU has taken twists from the comics and expectations.



Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Lawlight said:
The movie was kinda weak. Some character decisions were just downright dumb. And the way they tried to put everyone in was too forced. Also, it is disappointing to see that at no point do we see all the Avengers together at the same time. And the Hulk - wtf?

In the same paragraph you complain that they tried to put everyone in... and that they didn't put them all together for a scene?

They didn't include everyone anyway, Clint Barton (Hawkeye) and Scott Lang (Ant-Man) did not feature in the movie from the MCU.

Also as I've said earlier, Hulk is strong, but not stupid, he lost to Thanos in a 1v1 without the use of his Gauntlet on the refugee ship at the time which just had 2 Stones in it, there was no way he was going to show to get destroyed by him when he came to Earth with 4 stones. Green guy has his pride to mind.



Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

SecondWar said:

Fixed

You completely forgot The Scarlet Witch and Vision.

 

I highly expect most of the characters will come back. Dr. Strange already saw the only way they could defeat Thanos and that was why he surrendered the Time Stone. I highly expect we’ll see Tony Stark either die or retire in the sequel from the way Strange kept apologizing and saying “it was the only way.”



Around the Network
Ulternia said:
SecondWar said:

Fixed

You completely forgot The Scarlet Witch and Vision.

 

I highly expect most of the characters will come back. Dr. Strange already saw the only way they could defeat Thanos and that was why he surrendered the Time Stone. I highly expect we’ll see Tony Stark either die or retire in the sequel from the way Strange kept apologizing and saying “it was the only way.”

Imagine the PTSD that Dr. Strange must have suffered watching them all die 14million times..... I mean... I just seen it twice in the cinema and I can barely take it!



Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Lawlight said:
The movie was kinda weak. Some character decisions were just downright dumb. And the way they tried to put everyone in was too forced. Also, it is disappointing to see that at no point do we see all the Avengers together at the same time. And the Hulk - wtf?

In the same paragraph you complain that they tried to put everyone in... and that they didn't put them all together for a scene?

They didn't include everyone anyway, Clint Barton (Hawkeye) and Scott Lang (Ant-Man) did not feature in the movie from the MCU.

Also as I've said earlier, Hulk is strong, but not stupid, he lost to Thanos in a 1v1 without the use of his Gauntlet on the refugee ship at the time which just had 2 Stones in it, there was no way he was going to show to get destroyed by him when he came to Earth with 4 stones. Green guy has his pride to mind.

That’s not what I said - they tried to be bring then together and that was done poorly. And even then we didn’t get a scene with all of them together. The way they tried to link them felt way too forced:

Who can find Vision (who just happens to have gone offline then)? Tony Stark: I know a guy - Cap.

Who can remove the stone from Vision’s head? Cap: I know a guy - Black Panther.

 

So Hulk would rather have Banner killed and die than take a chance and fight Thanos’s henchmen along with the other Avengers?

 

And Thanos’s plan was so stupid as well.



Ulternia said:
SecondWar said:

Fixed

You completely forgot The Scarlet Witch and Vision.

 

I highly expect most of the characters will come back. Dr. Strange already saw the only way they could defeat Thanos and that was why he surrendered the Time Stone. I highly expect we’ll see Tony Stark either die or retire in the sequel from the way Strange kept apologizing and saying “it was the only way.”

That better be it because otherwise it would have been dumb to surrender the Time stone. Also, why didn’t he use it?



Lawlight said:
Ulternia said:

You completely forgot The Scarlet Witch and Vision.

 

I highly expect most of the characters will come back. Dr. Strange already saw the only way they could defeat Thanos and that was why he surrendered the Time Stone. I highly expect we’ll see Tony Stark either die or retire in the sequel from the way Strange kept apologizing and saying “it was the only way.”

That better be it because otherwise it would have been dumb to surrender the Time stone. Also, why didn’t he use it?

Thanos had the reality stone, he could create a reality around Dr. Strange where by the Time stone simply didn't function the way he would expect it to, it's why he wasn't even wearing it during the encounter but had teleported it elsewhere.

Strange would have seen many instances of the 14million potential futures where he tried to use the stone against Thanos and failed and was killed doing so... think about it, the way he surrendered the stone every death there was done by the Soul stone power of Thanos there by storing those people within the stone, if he had fought until Thanos killed some of them then submitted and gave him the stone those people who were killed would not be restored.



Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Good film but the execution feels like you're watching 3 separate movies, it's tricky to describe but it's like you have 3 movies on different channels and keep flicking between them to see whats going on in each and as a result those who don't keep track of everything in the film may end up missing key aspects in the film.

The are questionable choices like in the Russo's previous film Civil War, for example Wanda can destroy the stones so Strange and Tony could have decided to return to Earth and seek her out to destroy the time stone. Rather than go with the comics storyline they came up with their own spin to Thanos' motivation, in the comics he's known as the mad Titan because the is an entity only he can see that represents death, each death feeds her existence as well as power and she essentially makes him kill with the ultimate goal of the balance to bring her fully into existence. The overarching issue the comics touches on is whether the entity actually exists and if Thanos is just mad with his madness is just taking that form as no one else can see or sense her, all of that is however not in the story in the film how ever so his plan just seems bat shit stupid despite Josh Brolin's good performance as him.

The best parts in the film for me funny enough were the parts with Thor.