By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spoilers!!! Infinity wars plot discussion spoilers do not click if you want to watch it

Brutalyst said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Couldn't disagree more with you mate, Also when you say spiderman 1 and 2 were good, do you mean the ones with Toby? Looking at even a single string of movies such as Thor I really wouldn't have expected some of the twists such as Loki replacing Odin or the destruction of Mjolnir in Ragnorok, also in the MCU seeing certain characters coming together on screen such as Thor and Hulk side by side comparing accolades was both awesome and funny at the same time.

As for comic book movies being targeted to kids... well... who do you think comic books and the action figures of the characters in them are directed to?

Probably wasting your time mate, if he genuinely thinks that they are targeting kids with the movies, it's a lost cause.

I should clarify I don't mean the movies are aimed at young kids, but they are mostly aimed at a generally youngish audience, they're also appreciated by a ton of adults, it's sort of like gaming, we are the enthusiasts who love it and will enjoy it til the day we die, but Disney makes a great amount of their money from these products by selling them to kids and young teens.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
This doesn't directly relate to the topic, but can't we all just agree that the only good superhero movies are Dark Knight (great), Spiderman 1-2, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 (it's actually fun, unlike those other movies full of "fun" jokes), Watchmen, Batman Begins and Iron Man 1 (ok). The rest are like the Call of Duty of movies. They are incredibly cheesy and the plots are easy to predict and uninteresting. Almost every line has to be "cool" or "fun" so you usually know in advance what they are going to say.

They are so shallow that it almost makes you feel like you are watching a comercial or a pop-music video. Not much better than the Transformer movies. Infinity War atleast had pretty scenery and action scenes that looked good (but not impactful), and Thanos was somewhat interesting. For me they don't even work as "popcorn-movies" since they focus so much on the cheesy dialogue and characters instead of pure action.

It's a shame that the target audience of these movies nowadays is kids. That's the main root of the issue. I hope that atleast the majority of people here agree with me. Or do you actually think that these movies are (really) good and have interesting and deep plots and characters? Don't let me down. I have still some hope left.

I am genuinely worried that any response I offer might be too condescending, so I will keep it simple: 

Get out of our thread. Your brash cynicism has no place here. 

Moderated (Backseat Moderating) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 27 April 2018

0% chance the evaporated are permadead.

1. Black Panther is a new franchise for them and had the largest domestic take EVER for a comic book movie. Not dead.

2. Spidey is not theirs to kill. Sony owns Spidey and has invested a lot in the new Spider-Man revamps.

As a Game of Thrones fans it reminds me of when Jon Snow died at the end of season 5. You knew plot armor wise they had to bring him back.

Only Permadead is Yondar, Loki and probably Gamorra (her death was tied to Soul stone so possible not). 

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Just got out of the theaters after seeing it and... Oh my God...

PAOerfulone said:
Just got out of the theaters after seeing it and... Oh my God...

You buying your tickets for the next MCU movie to see what's gonna happen?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Of course I will.

Went to see it again with three friends and loved it even more this time.

animegaming said:

Have mates going again tonight... was considering joining them if there is still seats available.

Feel like there was so much in it that it needs at least 2 more viewings to get the whole story... and really I am kicking myself that I can't think of why Quill and Co figured they needed to go from Knowhere after Gamora got taken away to head to Titan, I remember Thanos just commending his balls to shoot Gamora... but then stepping away, need to fill in the gap in the OP and I think it's most of the movie laid out.

Ganoncrotch said:
animegaming said:

Have mates going again tonight... was considering joining them if there is still seats available.

Feel like there was so much in it that it needs at least 2 more viewings to get the whole story... and really I am kicking myself that I can't think of why Quill and Co figured they needed to go from Knowhere after Gamora got taken away to head to Titan, I remember Thanos just commending his balls to shoot Gamora... but then stepping away, need to fill in the gap in the OP and I think it's most of the movie laid out.

Nebula contacted Mantis after escaping Thanos and told her that they should go to Titan

melbye said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Nebula contacted Mantis after escaping Thanos and told her that they should go to Titan

I must have missed it, I recall Nebula limping along after she tricks the guard to come closer with her eye by keeping it from connecting to her body, but I don't recall the conversation between Nebula and Mantis... why Mantis? did they have some connection or reason she wouldn't have tried to contact her Sister or Starlord.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I've just seen it once and poured what I remembered into the OP a few days later.