By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Spoilers!!! Infinity wars plot discussion spoilers do not click if you want to watch it

Alara317 said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Dr strange, Spiderman, guardians of the Galaxy and black panther series of movies are dead.

I'm really sad about it, but holy shit I want to see the next mcu movies more than ever now.

So gullible. 

All the folks who died in 'the snap' are coming back. That is the nature of the infinity gauntlet, most notably the soul stone and the time stone. The characters that died pre-snap are probably staying dead, though. (Gamora, etc)

This exactly.

In fact I'd say the characters that "died" in the snap are the ones that are really safe long term.  What I find interesting is that all of the original Avengers stayed around (except we don't know about Hawkeye yet).  I think in next year's movie will reveal who is really staying long term.  This is the chance for the original Avengers to either renew their contracts with Marvel or have their characters go out in a blaze of glory.

But, yeah, all the characters that got snapped out, are actually the ones that they are planning phase 4 around: Spidey, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, most of the Guardians.  They are all going to have movies in phase 4.



Around the Network

They will all come back in part 2 that's out next year.



This doesn't directly relate to the topic, but can't we all just agree that the only good superhero movies are Dark Knight (great), Spiderman 1-2, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 (it's actually fun, unlike those other movies full of "fun" jokes), Watchmen, Batman Begins and Iron Man 1 (ok). The rest are like the Call of Duty of movies. They are incredibly cheesy and the plots are easy to predict and uninteresting. Almost every line has to be "cool" or "fun" so you usually know in advance what they are going to say.

They are so shallow that it almost makes you feel like you are watching a comercial or a pop-music video. Not much better than the Transformer movies. Infinity War atleast had pretty scenery and action scenes that looked good (but not impactful), and Thanos was somewhat interesting. For me they don't even work as "popcorn-movies" since they focus so much on the cheesy dialogue and characters instead of pure action.

It's a shame that the target audience of these movies nowadays is kids. That's the main root of the issue. I hope that atleast the majority of people here agree with me. Or do you actually think that these movies are (really) good and have interesting and deep plots and characters? Don't let me down. I have still some hope left.



"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
This doesn't directly relate to the topic, but can't we all just agree that the only good superhero movies are Dark Knight (great), Spiderman 1-2, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 (it's actually fun, unlike those other movies full of "fun" jokes), Watchmen, Batman Begins and Iron Man 1 (ok). The rest are like the Call of Duty of movies. They are incredibly cheesy and the plots are easy to predict and uninteresting. Almost every line has to be "cool" or "fun" so you usually know in advance what they are going to say.

They are so shallow that it almost makes you feel like you are watching a comercial or a pop-music video. Not much better than the Transformer movies. Infinity War atleast had pretty scenery and action scenes that looked good (but not impactful), and Thanos was somewhat interesting. For me they don't even work as "popcorn-movies" since they focus so much on the cheesy dialogue and characters instead of pure action.

It's a shame that the target audience of these movies nowadays is kids. That's the main root of the issue. I hope that atleast the majority of people here agree with me. Or do you actually think that these movies are (really) good and have interesting and deep plots and characters? Don't let me down. I have still some hope left.

Thanks for this, I needed a good lol 😂😂😂



The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

I liked it. They took a risk and it paid off for me. Very interested in the next Avengers movie.



Around the Network
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
This doesn't directly relate to the topic, but can't we all just agree that the only good superhero movies are Dark Knight (great), Spiderman 1-2, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 (it's actually fun, unlike those other movies full of "fun" jokes), Watchmen, Batman Begins and Iron Man 1 (ok). The rest are like the Call of Duty of movies. They are incredibly cheesy and the plots are easy to predict and uninteresting. Almost every line has to be "cool" or "fun" so you usually know in advance what they are going to say.

They are so shallow that it almost makes you feel like you are watching a comercial or a pop-music video. Not much better than the Transformer movies. Infinity War atleast had pretty scenery and action scenes that looked good (but not impactful), and Thanos was somewhat interesting. For me they don't even work as "popcorn-movies" since they focus so much on the cheesy dialogue and characters instead of pure action.

It's a shame that the target audience of these movies nowadays is kids. That's the main root of the issue. I hope that atleast the majority of people here agree with me. Or do you actually think that these movies are (really) good and have interesting and deep plots and characters? Don't let me down. I have still some hope left.

Couldn't disagree more with you mate, Also when you say spiderman 1 and 2 were good, do you mean the ones with Toby? Looking at even a single string of movies such as Thor I really wouldn't have expected some of the twists such as Loki replacing Odin or the destruction of Mjolnir in Ragnorok, also in the MCU seeing certain characters coming together on screen such as Thor and Hulk side by side comparing accolades was both awesome and funny at the same time.

 

As for comic book movies being targeted to kids... well... who do you think comic books and the action figures of the characters in them are directed to?



Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

OTBWY said:
I liked it. They took a risk and it paid off for me. Very interested in the next Avengers movie.

That's the main take away from the MCU movies really isn't it? You get two hours of mostly awesome stuff and leave the Cinema checking your phone to see when is the release date for the next one, it's like a real comic book where you can't wait to turn the next page and see what they have in store for us.

Considering Dr. Strange was going forwards through the 14million potential outcomes to find 1 where the good guys win it, I wonder will he be prepared for what is waiting for him on his resurrection if that's the path they go down, I would imagine Spiderman will be very broken up if he comes back to find that Stark sacrificed his life to make that happen considering the final words the fresh faced Peter Parker to Tony.

The release dates for the next DC movies are normally met with shudders from me of "please don't fuck this up even more"



Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
This doesn't directly relate to the topic, but can't we all just agree that the only good superhero movies are Dark Knight (great), Spiderman 1-2, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 (it's actually fun, unlike those other movies full of "fun" jokes), Watchmen, Batman Begins and Iron Man 1 (ok). The rest are like the Call of Duty of movies. They are incredibly cheesy and the plots are easy to predict and uninteresting. Almost every line has to be "cool" or "fun" so you usually know in advance what they are going to say.

They are so shallow that it almost makes you feel like you are watching a comercial or a pop-music video. Not much better than the Transformer movies. Infinity War atleast had pretty scenery and action scenes that looked good (but not impactful), and Thanos was somewhat interesting. For me they don't even work as "popcorn-movies" since they focus so much on the cheesy dialogue and characters instead of pure action.

It's a shame that the target audience of these movies nowadays is kids. That's the main root of the issue. I hope that atleast the majority of people here agree with me. Or do you actually think that these movies are (really) good and have interesting and deep plots and characters? Don't let me down. I have still some hope left.

Couldn't disagree more with you mate, Also when you say spiderman 1 and 2 were good, do you mean the ones with Toby? Looking at even a single string of movies such as Thor I really wouldn't have expected some of the twists such as Loki replacing Odin or the destruction of Mjolnir in Ragnorok, also in the MCU seeing certain characters coming together on screen such as Thor and Hulk side by side comparing accolades was both awesome and funny at the same time.

 

As for comic book movies being targeted to kids... well... who do you think comic books and the action figures of the characters in them are directed to?

Probably wasting your time mate, if he genuinely thinks that they are targeting kids with the movies, it's a lost cause.



The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Brutalyst said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Couldn't disagree more with you mate, Also when you say spiderman 1 and 2 were good, do you mean the ones with Toby? Looking at even a single string of movies such as Thor I really wouldn't have expected some of the twists such as Loki replacing Odin or the destruction of Mjolnir in Ragnorok, also in the MCU seeing certain characters coming together on screen such as Thor and Hulk side by side comparing accolades was both awesome and funny at the same time.

 

As for comic book movies being targeted to kids... well... who do you think comic books and the action figures of the characters in them are directed to?

Probably wasting your time mate, if he genuinely thinks that they are targeting kids with the movies, it's a lost cause.

 

Brutalyst said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Couldn't disagree more with you mate, Also when you say spiderman 1 and 2 were good, do you mean the ones with Toby? Looking at even a single string of movies such as Thor I really wouldn't have expected some of the twists such as Loki replacing Odin or the destruction of Mjolnir in Ragnorok, also in the MCU seeing certain characters coming together on screen such as Thor and Hulk side by side comparing accolades was both awesome and funny at the same time.

 

As for comic book movies being targeted to kids... well... who do you think comic books and the action figures of the characters in them are directed to?

Probably wasting your time mate, if he genuinely thinks that they are targeting kids with the movies, it's a lost cause.

Are you being sarcastic? Didn't Ganoncrotch just agree that they are targeting kids. 



"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Updated OP with what actually happened other than

Thanos Wins!

If I forgot any scenes please poke me but yeah think that was the majority of the movie there for anyone who wants to read what I took from it!

(couldn't post more originally as I was on holidays and working from my Phone just)



Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive