By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Spoilers!!! Infinity wars plot discussion spoilers do not click if you want to watch it

Smartie900 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Is this true? You told me not to click if I want to watch it, and I don't, so you might as well tell me if you're trolling or not.

Loki gets killed by Thanos after he tries to betray him. Gamora is killed by Thanos as a means of sacrifice. Vision gets the stone ripped out of his head. Half of the cast disintegrates and turns to ash.  

As Thor said, Loki has been dead before, but even if he survived the ship he only has a 50% chance of still surviving the Thanos click.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Angelus said:
It's cute that some of you think the snap deaths are staying dead. You do realize a bunch of those dead characters have solo sequel movies already in production right?

They're not going to undo all of them a la supermans pointless death and return. Would cheapen the whole thing and they well know that.

I always say to take the mcu and be aware that they do not always follow the comics, certain characters can also be replaced without simply bringing back the old ones, places where different people have been using those superhero alter ego or just simply new stories which differ from those in the comics. The mcu has been very well created to not always be predictable but always entertain.

I 100% guarantee you that everyone "killed" by the snap will be revived. 

What they did here is somewhat clever actually. They took out pretty much everyone that wasn't on the original slate of Avengers, so that they can give those characters a huge spotlight in part 2. It'll be the last movie for many of them, as their contracts are running out, and Marvel will place more focus on the newer characters moving forward, regardless of whether a couple of the old guard wanna stick around. 

The way they will soften the blow of the "cheapness" of the mass revivals is by killing at least one or two of the original Avengers in the next one. Probably Hulk and Cap.

So... yeah, I'm still trying to comprehend it. Thanos won, but he didn't do it to please Death. The film was great but something is missing.

Hmm, pie.

I'm an idiot for clicking because I couldn't help it, plus spoilers don't really bother me.

Brave move but we know it's all empty threats, they'll be revived next year.

Plus they only killed off people who had recent movies or characters no one cares about i.e. Vision, Scarlett Witch, Falcon.

The Fury said:
So... yeah, I'm still trying to comprehend it. Thanos won, but he didn't do it to please Death. The film was great but something is missing.

Thanos got some great screen time in the film, really showed the film from his point of view, he isn't just killing to be evil, he thinks he is doing everyone a favor and the way he shows gamora how her world was since his attack it's hard to argue with his logic.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
adisababa said:
I'm an idiot for clicking because I couldn't help it, plus spoilers don't really bother me.

Brave move but we know it's all empty threats, they'll be revived next year.

Plus they only killed off people who had recent movies or characters no one cares about i.e. Vision, Scarlett Witch, Falcon.

Even knowing the outcome you should go watch it, the movie is amazing.

But I feel I should just say I'm a huge mcu fanboy

Man these next 12 months are gonna be torture, I really need to know what the hell is gonna happen next.

Like how the hell can they beat Thanos and bring everyone back? Especially since the remaining Avengers are the one's whose been around since phase 1 and all the one's who died have a confirmed sequel coming.

animegaming said:
Man these next 12 months are gonna be torture, I really need to know what the hell is gonna happen next.

Like how the hell can they beat Thanos and bring everyone back? Especially since the remaining Avengers are the one's whose been around since phase 1 and all the one's who died have a confirmed sequel coming.

Depends on if they go by the book(s) or not. Serveral major characters from the book are missing or assigned to Fox still, you can replace some of them easily. It wasn't an Avengers story, it was a story about Thanos and Adam Warlock.

Hmm, pie.

When I heard this movie cost 500 million dollars to make I was like, dude there is such thing as going too far. At this point this movie is just purely a commercial product with fan base service in mind. Show as many celebrities and super heroes you can within a movie to attract people to cinemas.

So I won't pay to see this. I'll catch it later on TV or on Netflix maybe or maybe I'll download it but I won't fall for their commercial trap as I don't fall for such a blatant consumerist plot.

And just to be clear I'm not saying the movie is necessarily bad, I won't know until I see it.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

When I heard this movie cost 500 million dollars to make I was like, dude there is such thing as going too far. At this point this movie is just purely a commercial product with fan base service in mind. Show as many celebrities and super heroes you can within a movie to attract people to cinemas.

So I won't pay to see this. I'll catch it later on TV or on Netflix maybe or maybe I'll download it but I won't fall for their commercial trap as I don't fall for such a blatant consumerist plot.

And just to be clear I'm not saying the movie is necessarily bad, I won't know until I see it.

It's weird but at this stage the movies sort of write themselves just because of the sheer number of characters in them, I mean that if every character had 1 minute of solo screen time you are looking at about 30 mins of movie done right there, Thanos got a lot of solo screen time as well so if you were one of the less front line Avengers then you probably had under 10 lines of dialogue in this movie about you, most of them being "slap knee and chuckle at one liner from Stark/Capt"

The thing is though, while it felt like there was characters falling out of the rafters, they all still got to shine even if just a little bit as long as you've been keeping up with the MCU because otherwise you will be fucking lost about some of the locations/characters or why certain things are where they are such as the Asgard refugee ship from Ragnorok.

Just because it's always going to happen... think back to Justice league, there is what... 6 characters in that? a Saturday morning cartoon villain that I don't even think had dialogue and still.... can you remember any lines of dialogue that Aquaman/Cyborg said? there was just 6 of them, they could have had 25mins of solo screen time each instead we got 30 mins of pointless fight scene to show that Justice league can't beat bugs without superman.