By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 16): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 16 - 22 , 2018

Megiddo said:

If i'm reading the Famitsu report correctly, there are a lot of Labo kits waiting to be sold still on shelves. 20-40% sell through whereas God of War had 60-80%

https://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

Should also be noted that Famitsu has a more even 5.4k/6.4k split between PS4 and PS4 pro.

A flop is a flop, regardless of sell through.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Megiddo said:

If i'm reading the Famitsu report correctly, there are a lot of Labo kits waiting to be sold still on shelves. 20-40% sell through whereas God of War had 60-80%

https://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

Should also be noted that Famitsu has a more even 5.4k/6.4k split between PS4 and PS4 pro.

A flop is a flop, regardless of sell through.

Flop? What are you even talking about? 

the labo domination(i just like saying that because it sounds silly)

kirby still doing great. I'm surprised the robot kit is so high up on the list tbh.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Faelco said:
Lawlight said:

GoW is also a Cero Z game which means it cannot be sold to under 18s.

I'm not sure how respected it is here. I know 18-19 years old Japanese who buy alcohol anywhere and anytime they want without any ID check, even if alcohol is forbidden under 20 here. So I don't know if they do it for vidéo games... 

It’s respected enough that you cannot buy the game using a PSN card - you need a credit card tied to your account.

Lawlight said:
Faelco said:

I'm not sure how respected it is here. I know 18-19 years old Japanese who buy alcohol anywhere and anytime they want without any ID check, even if alcohol is forbidden under 20 here. So I don't know if they do it for vidéo games... 

It’s respected enough that you cannot buy the game using a PSN card - you need a credit card tied to your account.

It's easy to make sure of that for digital, sure ! But in stores, I don't know... 

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

Mad scientists disagree

Bofferbrauer2 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Mad scientists disagree

that's because they're mad, they're crazy. those silly mad scientists.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

zorg1000 said:

I mean it makes sense, Nintendo probably wants Labo to be the next Nintendogs, Brain Age, Wii Sports or Wii Fit.

On the other hand, this is the 7th God of War game, if the first 6 didnt do great than its unlikely the series ever will.

Those games were targeted to much larger audiences though, like from years 10 to 80. Labo on the other hand is targeted at a much smaller specific audience on the other hand. 

Last edited by Green098 - on 26 April 2018

Labo numbers are just meh, really. Especially given the advertising push Nintendo gave it. And the sell through percentage (70%-80% could still be sitting on shelves.) It also didn't do what Nintendo really wanted it to do, and that's push HW. Now, I agree that legs will determine its success. However, anyone claiming it's off to a good start is really reaching.

On to Sony, good debut for GOW given the history of the franchise in Japan. Of course, the rest of the world is where this game is really going to sell. I'm also interested in what the heck Sony is doing with Slim supply. There has to be something on the horizon. My guess is just another slight revision to cut manufacturing costs slightly. Don't really see a Super Slim anytime soon. The Pro would get a Slim before we saw a SS.

Splat2 2.61mil ship+digital by mar 31st.

Digital is easily over 300k.