Do you believe it?

Yes, and Im more than pleased. 2 3.70%

Yes, and this isnt enough for me 17 31.48%

No, but Id be more than pleased if true 12 22.22%

No, and this isnt enough for me 23 42.59%

Total:54
shikamaru317 said:
FloatingWaffles said:
So for 2018 they would have Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Banjo Kazooie Anniversary, Forza Horizon 4, Screamride 2, Ashen, The Last Night, and Below in terms of exclusives? Not bad then I guess, seems much better than 2017.

A sequel to Screamride seems really random though since the first game seemed to have released and been completely ignored by a lot of people, don't think it made any waves at all.

Out of all the exclusives they've released this gen Screamride is one of the few that I don't want a sequel to. Would much rather get Sunset Overdrive 2, Ryse 2, Quantum Break 2, Crimson Dragon 2, D4 part 2 (that one can't happen though since Swery left Access Games). or ReCore 2. Wish they'd get Frontier to make a console exclusive port of Planet Coaster instead of Screamride 2, it's a much better Roller Coaster game. 

Yeah, I would love to see a Ryse 2, Sunset Overdrive 2, or Recore 2. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if most people don't know that the first first Screamride game even exists, cause again it really feels like that game released and most people weren't even paying attention to it, but I dunno. 

If it is true though then I hope it's a good game and can improve upon the first, the first one seemed to get decent reviews. I just don't think it was noticeable in any way though, I don't think there are any sales figures for it out there either. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 19 April 2018

Around the Network

Shadow I'd the tomb raider going on gamepass shows that this is fake

Not impressed by any of that aside from the "Joanna Dark" game. I'd love that.

Twitter: @d21lewis

I find the idea of a Halo reboot extremely improbable considering that 343i hasn't even finished the current storyline. I could maybe see the possibility of a spin-off title a la Reach, however. Still, I think we'll see something for Halo 6 at E3. I'm thinking an announce trailer, followed by the announcement of an MP beta in the fall and a release date in late Q1/early Q2 2019 (because I doubt it'll be a full four years between games).

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

shikamaru317 said:

I call fake for several reasons:

1. Timed exclusivity on Splinter Cell. Too good to be true.

2. Borderlands 3 on Gamepass at release. Too good to be true.

3. Halo being rebooted. I know Halo 5 singleplayer had poor reception, but I highly doubt 343 would take that as a sign that the series needs a reboot.

4. Electric Square Kart game releasing in Spring. Why would they release it on Spring 2019 instead of filling the September 2019 Forza slot, giving Turn 10 an extra year to make Forza Motorsport 8 as a next-gen launch title Holiday 2020?

The rest of it is pretty logical, the marketing deal games, Joanna Dark, Screamride 2, and Banjo Anniversary have all been leaked, rumored, or hinted at by MS previously.

1. The original Splinter Cell was timed exclusive and MS recently did something similar with Tomb Raider.

2. If MS is serious about the service than i fully expect them to start throwing some serious cash to get AAA games on it as soon as possible.

3. Im thinking it might mean reboot in terms of gameplay rather than story. Shaking up the gameplay like Zelda or God of War.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
celador said:
you wanna reboot a franchise like Splinter Cell but not release it on the platform where it would sell comfortably the most until no one will give a shit any more? don't think that worked too well for Tomb Raider and that was the second game in the reboot

I don't like timed exclusives myself, I'd prefer it either to have the same release date or being full-time exclusive, but I guess Splinter Cell has a history of this as the first game was a timed-exclusive on Xbox.

While it doesn't sound outlandish, I think it's horseshit. So, no. A nice wish list though (except for Screamride). Ubi would be crazy to make that Splinter Cell game a timed exclusive though.

So can we assume Joanna Dark is the new Playground RPG then? Doesn’t really sound like an RPG, if these rumours are true at all. Kind of a stupid name tbh.....There’s not much really surprising in here, but Borderlands 3 and Tomb Raider on Gamepass would fit Microsoft’s tactics as a huge promotion for Gamepass. They have the money to do something like this. They definitely need to announce something like this, if they want to impress anybody with this lineup.

I call plausible.

Errorist76 said:

So can we assume Joanna Dark is the new Playground RPG then? Doesn’t really sound like an RPG, if these rumours are true at all. Kind of a stupid name tbh.....There’s not much really surprising in here, but Borderlands 3 and Tomb Raider on Gamepass would fit Microsoft’s tactics as a huge promotion for Gamepass. They have the money to do something like this. They definitely need to announce something like this, if they want to impress anybody with this lineup.

I call plausible.

No, Joanna Dark would be Perfect Dark which has already been leaked by the API leaker, like most of the things in this 'leak'. He has stated before that judging from the files, It's likely in very early development or even pre-production so a 2019 release to me seems near impossible.

Playground's RPG is Fable IV (Also leaked by the API guy and multiple other insiders), also Forza Spinoff by Electric Square has all but been confirmed thanks to a contract between them and Turn 10, as has a Gears spinoff (Which this leaker says won't be at E3) even though it's had far more leaks than Halo 6 has...Also Screamride 2 was 'leaked' by someone on ResetEra, a person I don't personally know so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Oh I wouldn't get any hopes up for Banjo either, that also comes from the API leaker who found a file which was named "Banjo_20A" which the API dude believes could be anything and doesn't believe it's a game (It could just be Banjo in Sea of Thieves).

Like I said, the vast majority of this list is already leaked stuff, the rest is extremely predictable except from a few.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 April 2018

Was thinking it seemed believable, until I got to Halo.

No I don't think halo is going to be "rebooted". I fully expect Halo 6 to make an appearance at e3