By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much influence is SMT V going to take from Persona 5?

How much influence is SMT V going to take from Persona 5?

The game will be greatly ... 2 11.76%

The game will take certai... 5 29.41%

Atlus won't change the ma... 10 58.82%

Total:17

Nothing, Atlus wants two different series to cater to two different audiences

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Hoping it takes influence from the platform Persona is on. I want a PS4 release

I'm fine with it, as long as Persona is get's a Switch-release.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Actually, I think Persona will have little to no effect on the next SMT game, seeing as they're quite different types of games. The only main similarities they'd have are the weakness mechanic in combat, monster collecting, and fusing. I figure SMTV will be a rather dark game, as the others seem to have been.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I expect both games to look and feel very different in terms of tone and gameplay if anything.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ka-pi96 said:
Hoping it takes influence from the platform Persona is on. I want a PS4 release

I think it'd be fair for PS4 and Switch to make a trade and let each of their intentionally weird JRPGs appear on the other playform.

Just as long as the sign on the treehouse says "No Xboxes or PCs allowed" ;)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I hope as little as possible. As much as I love Persona, I love SMT even more. Their dark, serious tone and old school gameplay need to stay intact.

I hope not that much. I want SMT to stay unique. They could however add some QoL improvements for the menu's and battle system and such.

Probably only the technical side and presentation really. They've made a point to keep the series distinct despite Persona being more popular for some time. Doubt that will change now.

Aside from the UI (and really the whole industry should have taken notes by now), absolutely 0.
They need to keep Persona and SMT completely apart :
-The plot is the obvious one, just look how they went full Scoobydoo and the gang on P4 and imagine that applied to the SMT series. That would be terrible. While P5's was obviously much better (Aside from Akechi's existence), the SMT series needs to stay away from these pop teens and stay true to its origins.
-OST wise, while the incredible vocal performance of P5 should be inspire, again, the whole industry; SMT does not need to go that groovy. Shoji Meguro is amazing on so many different genres, and both SMT main franchise and the various "spin-offs" have different musical identities.
-(battle) Gameplay isn't P5's forte, and I hope nothing from P5's exploration gameplay inspires SMT, SMT again needs to stay true to its roots, more than any other frranchise.
-Characters are of course a no-go.
I don't even know what's left tbh. I don't see anything in P5 that should directly inspire the SMT franchise's future.

Maybe they'll take influence from the gameplay, but I don't see them changing the tone at all.