By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Feelings about Uncharted 4?

Also I loved U4 story most, without some supernatural things, but far more realistic story.

Around the Network

Uncharted 2 is my favorite but even if you dislike the story, if you've played all 3 games and are not invested in seeing how their stories wrap up, then I'm not sure how to help you there.

Uncharted 4 is the pinnacle of story driven, action adventure games for me. Nothing about it is wholly original but much like TLoU, everything comes together super cohesive. I liked the story but it is predictable at points. It was still thrilling and enjoyable to experience from start to finish, specially since they wrapped up Drake's saga perfectly. I got emotional during the epilogue, seeing where Drake starts and how it all ends was a nice closure

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

The first Uncharted game I played was the original, which is my favorite. All four games play very similarly, so maybe that's why I enjoyed the first one the most (as I was more burnt out as the series went on). I must say that I enjoyed all four Uncharted games immensely, but what I always liked most about the series was the lore; the idea of some random dude in modern times having an adventure that should've happened hundreds of years ago; the first game gets it right for me.

Man, Naughty Dog really nailed it during the PS3-era. I hope they continue that trend with TLoU2. The first game was freaking AMAZING. Holy crap what a great game that was.

My only complaints were the lack of supernatural enemies towards the end of the story, like in previous installments. The ending felt a bit too grounded. Other than that, I thought it was an excellent game. The multiplayer is the best in the series imo, and it was a great close to the Nathan Drake saga.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

had the same strengths and weaknesses as U3

fantastic graphics and environmental design, very good script and voice acting, memorable set-pieces, but problems with pacing and gameplay that was good but nothing more

an 8/10 for me

Around the Network

Huh. Right after Uncharted 2, it was my favourite in the series. It really nailed so many things. It's probably better than Uncharted 2 but the series has got relatively stale recently, which hurts Uncharted 4 a bit. On the other hand, Uncharted 3 was my least favourite by far.

I love all games in the series. 4th and 3rd are AMAZING too.
2=3>4>1>GA>LL

twintail said:
taus90 said:

As soon as it was decided sam wont be the villian the character became forced, I mean if he was the bad guy it made sense nathan to not talk about his brother with whom he had a shady past, But in the changed version he shared a good relationship, how can he not tell elena abt his brother?? in the end nates motivation for helping sam felt weak as i didnt care for his character at all.. And Nadine its better not to talk about it. just would like to say she felt forced even in lost legacy.

Because the memory of his brother, who he believes is dead, is too painful for him to want to talk about? This is pretty apparent from UC4.

And he helps his brother out of guilt for what happened to him, the problem Sam is supposedly in, and the boredom of not being out adventuring. 

I think Nadine is a bit forced in Lost Legacy, but that could just be because her South African accent is not that great. Its a bit jarring at times. 

those are implied plots, but those were not conveyed convincingly enough for anyone to care about. and I dont have to tell you that trio have been in far more painful scenario not to share such details, Nate had almost lost elena in Lost legacy.. also if u remember third had a small plot that his real name is not drake.. and even in flashback in third there was no hint that he had a brother! remember he lost sam when he was much older.. 

Leaving his brother to die is far bigger plot line and valid excuse for drake to hide it from elena.. then he died during a heist.. that is something u bring up in a conversion just to let your partner know.. Also the reason sam is not convincing enough coz in third marlow gives full info on Drake.. that his real name is not drake, his father surrender "son" to the orphanage at the age of 5 after his mother commits suicide.. and according to fourth both brother were in the same orphanage.. and this detail would have showed up in marlowes investigation, not like sam was working for some shadow agency for not have any records.

even if neil and bruce had gone with the thread left in uncharted 2, when flynn comes to hire drake for museum heist.. and there nate reminds him that two people were killed lifting something out of that museum and one barely made out, which being nate.

i m just saying Amy version of nates brother sounded far more convincing that what we actually got.

Sam being in trouble is straight up obvious. Nothing implied there. You only have to play through chapter 4 once to realise that Drake wants to go out on adventures again. Not implied. Obvious. Feeling guilty because of Sam... less obvious but not implied. The chapter of them being younger, and chapter 4 pretty much tells you what you need to know about his relationship with his brother. Trying to look at Sams picture is a memory that clearly is too much for Nate to deal with.

So I wouldn't say any of these plots are implied.

And those other more painful scenarios: did any of those involve the death of someone Nate cared for? and from his past? Its not the same thing. As for the UC3 thing, well UC4 tells you that when Nate and Sam were younger that Sam was in and out of jail a lot. There we go. Sure the thing with Marlowe is strange but Sam is believed dead at this point. What exactly does she gain from bringing up Sam at all at that point? But sure, i can see what you mean here.

And Sam being hateful of Nate be incredibly cliched in itself (oh you abandoned me and now I hate you because you never came to visit).

Anyhow, I think complaining that Nate wouldn't have kept Sam a secret from Elena is a pretty weak point to make. There are so many influential decisions we make throughout our lives that change how each of us think, react and reflect on any given situation we are in. Nate not telling Elena is not some unexpected human decision. Its a painful memory... and its pretty clear that he likes to keep his past a secret from everyone. That is a pretty defining element of the narrative in UC4: the secrets we keep and how perhaps we shouldn't hide things from the people we love most. Nate does this to Elena. Its hurts her and their relationship. Sam does it to Nate. It hurts him and their relationship. Nate and Elena decide not to it to their child.

You do know that Nate in the attic and the way he looks at the frame on the wall is where writers are telling viewers that nate misses the adventure its not left on viewers interpretation. which was not at all obvious when he was diving and refuses Malaysia job.

Sam being in trouble is straight up obvious - that was implied from the first trailer that was the plot line of all the trailers. the only obvious thing was sam had a secret, what it is that was the hook of the story 

What exactly does she gain from bringing up Sam at all at that point? - for the same reason she brought up his mothers suicide, which in my books and should be more painful considering that is one of the sub plots of UC4 searching for her journal.

and also about painful deaths, Nate though he lost elena at the end of UC2, and at the end of UC3 it was sully, sure they didn't die but psychological ramification is as equal as losing a loved one. So nate knows how to handle that emotion, just assuming its too painful for him is a weak character arc.

In the end there was no point in hiding about Sam from elena considering everyone else knew about him. Sully and chloe.. especially sully, he could have told elena about sam, without involving Nate if it was as u said "too painful" just for a heads up, Like hey listen nate had a brother who died in a prison break out and its painful for him to remember, so this is just for you info. Also isn't sharing about your family member details one of the important element in building a strong relationship. 

the only good part about UC4 was how neil and bruce handled unspoken conflict between elena and Nate in the middle to end part, but i think that has more to do with Nolan and emily's performance. The reason why that conflict happened was weak. 

It's very uneven, fun in parts, boring in others, fantastic in the final chapters. It's better than 3 but doesn't hold a candle to 2.

Signature goes here!