By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Feelings about Uncharted 4?

I didn't like it, at times I was very disappointed with it. If I remember correctly, the set pieces were the main problem for me. In the down-the-hill-with-the-car-through-the-town chase, I kept selecting the wrong turns and came to hard stops, totally killed it for me, instead of amazing it was just frustrating. I think that was the whole theme for me in UC4, from the start. Frustration on finding out what the developers wanted from me. Chasing my brother in the flashback? Frustrating because I didn't notice where he went and it wasn't intuitive for me that we should go left and not for the open darkness ahead. Fighting the armored truck in some scene? Frustrating because I wasn't able to run away even though I got to the end of the fighting zone. I think by that time the theme was set for me, so I didn't enjoy the fighting either. And the scope was small somehow. I was expecting to travel far and wide, not just offshore to some islands. And of course, the end was the culmination of frustrating fights. Trial and error - bleah. Too bad, as the opening sequence is just right.

Around the Network

The game was amazing. For fans of the series, it was a very nicely done swan song filled with plenty of great nods to the journey the characters have taken until that point.

It was a love letter to fans of the series, in a sense. But it didn't try to reinvent its genre. The gun fights and gameplay are the best in the series though. But the pacing is often criticized.

Personnaly, I enjoyed the pacing because I knew it was the last adventure with Drake, that it was going to be the end of his story, and it made me savor the banter and slower moments more because of that.

It was a solid uncharted game. Wasn't dissapointed, already new exactly what it would be.

I'm in a small minority that likes the first uncharted the most.

Uncharted 4 is my favorite in the series. It felt like a great adventure and even more satisfying on the hardest difficulty setting.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Liked it a lot, i think it is the best in the series. I can get on the " predictable story"-train. Nate having a brother that was never mentioned before felt a little bit weird, but i admit it makes sense when thinking about it. Nadine seemed to only exist for the sake of having a strong female character, felt she was really underdeveloped

And it saved the bandicoot, which is great for the people who like that franchise

Around the Network

Can't remember too much about it. I recall that I didn't enjoy it as much as UC3. However for me, Lost Legacy is my faviourite game of the franchise. Just brilliant, so enjoyable, well told story, great characters, great development. I hope they do more games like that.

The main gripes I have with the franchise is that I don't mind a small bit of exploring, in UC4 they give us a small section where we are open to explore the area at our own pace. As long as they don't go too far with it, that will be fine. Stick to linear action/adventure and the franchise will be fine.

I actually love U4 most, more exploration and less gunfights compared to previous games, also best looking locations.
Currently playing Lost Legacy and for now U4 is better.

Uncharted 4 is probably the best in the series. It delivers the story the best and you actually do so.easy exploring. The second best is Uncharted 2, it had a goodream villain some reasonably explained supernatural stiff and a lot setpieces. Uncharted 3 was largely a mess with way too much unexplained plot points. But the setpieces made it a successful action game.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

IMO U4>U2>U3>U1
Currently playing Lost Legacy.

Before U4, I haven't played any Uncharted games and after completing fourth one, I decided to play through original trilogy. While they're all very similar, IMO U2 has the best story, U4 is the best in terms of game mechanics and visuals and U3 falls somewhere between. Mind you, I didn't like this kind of supernatural aspect of the stories in first two installments. U3 and U4 were more down to earth. It's difficult to score U1 for me, as from my perspective, it was lacking in almost every category, compared to the others ... understandably as it was the first one. I'm sure it must have been groundbreaking upon the release, almost 11 years ago.

Last edited by Kristof81 - on 18 April 2018