By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Feelings about Uncharted 4?

DialgaMarine said:
My only complaints were the lack of supernatural enemies towards the end of the story, like in previous installments. The ending felt a bit too grounded. Other than that, I thought it was an excellent game. The multiplayer is the best in the series imo, and it was a great close to the Nathan Drake saga.

I always hated the supernatural shit they pulled of at the ends, so I was very pleased myself.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
UC3 was the one with more bombastic moments and set pieces. UC4 in general is a better game, but I wonder why they had to take away some of the gameplay innovations (regarding UC) like throwing grenades back, and the ability to dodge melee attacks.

For me the best is UC4 and the second is UC3

Throwing back grenades was super fun in previous games. It took me a while to stop running to grenades to throw them back in UC4.

Signature goes here!

twintail said:

Not obvious at all hey? Nate comments how he'd rather be diving than being in an office, is disappointed that a job got cancelled, keeps the Malaysian docs and reviews them before filing them away. Only to start Chapter 4 where you view all the stuff he has collected and pretends to be in a fire fight. Then ignoring Elena. He declines Malaysia cause it they could end up in prison without permits. Being cautious is not going against a desire for adventure.

The chapter with Sam and the cutscene that succeeds it with Nate is more than enough to show that his life was in danger. He even says as much when Nate first declines to help. This is ultimately what convinces Nate. 

As I said, I agree that sticks out. Maybe Marlowe didnt find that info (no one knew Nate had a brother), maybe she thought it was irrelevant because they had nothing on him except that he was missing/ gone/ not in Nates life in any capacity for many many years. The mother and father stuff is more important as it leads its way to him not being a Drake at all. But yeah it makes that scene a little weird, though its not a train smash by any means.

Or you know, they didn't die so he hasn't had to live with the guilt or sadness of their deaths. Its not the same thing.

Correction: only Sully knows. And considering their father-son-friend relationship, why would Sully go behind Nates back to tell Elena something Nate clearly wants to remain hidden. Is that something you would do to your friend? cause thats quite the jerk move.

I mean, again, you need to stop assuming that what you think is the correct thing for a person to do in a relationship automatically means everyone does it. People are not perfect. So why would you expect Nate to be written as such?

Ok so, its weird to you that Nate would not do things to have a solid and healthy relationship, but Elena feeling that Nate betrayed her trust/ lied to her/ not sharing the same goals in life are weak reasons for the conflict between them?

I am assuming??? your entire argument is based on maybe and what if. I m saying the way Sams fake death was portrayed, was not worthy enough or painful to keep it a secret from elena considering she know nate is a treasure hunter with a past. And since when does telling about someone's deceased family member a back stabbing?, she is family so was sully.. there is no such thing as going nates back.

Now if Nate had left him to die knowing that he was alive (not assuming, this was in the Initial teaser from 2013) or something which he did was he not proud off, in such scenario it perfectly makes sense to keep his shady past a secret from elena and also off the books so that even marlowe could miss it.

And why didn't Rafe informed nate that sam;s alive, or when sam ditched rafe. Like it or not almost every hardcore uncharted fan had issue with that sam and nadine. the only reason there was a script change because there was probably going to be a major character death, and naughty dog didn't wanted that, they wanted a happy ending. 

lets just agree to disagree. I think in context of whole series, sam and nadine were forced and you think they made total sense

Its the best uncharted although it could be a few hours shorter. Nice story, the ending left me with tears in the eyes. Also im in love with elena since the first uncharted and in U4 she is perfect.

Alright, as someone who finds the series as a whole mediocre, what I'm about to write should be taken with a grain of salt. But I played and finished all the mainline games back to back last November, and here are basically my thoughts.

+ Best gunplay in the series

+ Fantastic Graphics

+ Even as someone who isn't a fan, that attic scene is probably one of the best things in gaming and made me choke up

+ I really liked the free roam sections

+/- The intro is somehow perfect and too long at the same time. I mean holy shit, they really did not think for a second about how people would feel when replaying the game.

- The game is basically Naughty Dog rehashing what they were going for in three but course correcting. It's place in the story is almost the exact same as 3.

- There are practically no consequences for the characters.

- The ending was trash.

- The forced fan service at the end of the ending was trash.

- The gameplay does not facilitate the new movement mechanics very well. It feels like the amount of damage you take is more representative of the cover based Uncharted's even though this game had a particular focus on moving around and using the environment to pull of crazy tricks.

Around the Network

I started it and just stopped loved the first three but just couldn’t get into 4.