By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer's PR guide book

LudicrousSpeed said:
Not my fault you see that as a negative. Just part of that mentality I guess. I don’t see anything wrong with a Sony or Nintendo exec being as out there as Phil.

And you see anything wrong with Phil fulfilling his promises and acting more than talking??? Or perhaps you just see console warriors in others while you sit on a very high horse?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Games take time breh.

And talking is cheap... he have been promissing since he assumed the role, 4 years is enough time to get something going, don't you think? And not even talking about games being released, but studios being created or increased, multiple projects started, etc... what we hear are studios being closed, games being cancelled and exclusivity being bought... none of those are signals of commitment for 1st party that he have promised for so long (and of course kept repeating every year that the year is the best ever).

But please keep the accusation of console warz, when you had it started when you wished other companies had their Phill talking a lot... we do love the threads of he talking smack and being hypocrites for sure. And no, I wouldn't like Shu to be spinning the truth every week to make PS guys feel better nor would I want Shigeru doing it for Ninty... altought Reggie is one for some shit talking.

You do know that MS just released a 1st party game in Sea of Thieves right? And they also gave Rare creative freedom to make what ever they wanted. The funny side of all these debates between consoles is that if SoTs turned out a masterpiece everyone would be shutting up. I don't buy games based on reviews but damn I wish MS has a critically acclaimed game soon so the community can be quiet. That's all it is and all its about. MS have games and they have plenty of games coming out like State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3 and Ori Will of the Wisp. That sounds like a nice variety of games releasing in 1 year hopefully.

Wait till E3, that's what I am doing.

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

And talking is cheap... he have been promissing since he assumed the role, 4 years is enough time to get something going, don't you think? And not even talking about games being released, but studios being created or increased, multiple projects started, etc... what we hear are studios being closed, games being cancelled and exclusivity being bought... none of those are signals of commitment for 1st party that he have promised for so long (and of course kept repeating every year that the year is the best ever).

But please keep the accusation of console warz, when you had it started when you wished other companies had their Phill talking a lot... we do love the threads of he talking smack and being hypocrites for sure. And no, I wouldn't like Shu to be spinning the truth every week to make PS guys feel better nor would I want Shigeru doing it for Ninty... altought Reggie is one for some shit talking.

You do know that MS just released a 1st party game in Sea of Thieves right? And they also gave Rare creative freedom to make what ever they wanted. The funny side of all these debates between consoles is that if SoTs turned out a masterpiece everyone would be shutting up. I don't buy games based on reviews but damn I wish MS has a critically acclaimed game soon so the community can be quiet. That's all it is and all its about. MS have games and they have plenty of games coming out like State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3 and Ori Will of the Wisp. That sounds like a nice variety of games releasing in 1 year hopefully.

Yes I do know, you may remember I was in the thread of the metacritic of it.

Rare is a team that is under MS for over a decade, so that isn't any new investment, so I don't know what that have to do with the point anyway.

State of Decay and Crackdown have been announced and re-announced several times... while Ori is a nice continuation for a well received indie game for sure.

We have seem how many E3 with Phil and his promises? Will it always be wait for the next E3?

That is the problem thismeintiel was talking about. Xbox userbase defend Phil and Xbox even on things that are against their best interest, so both don't really improve on it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

you say this OP, but then I look back and see this guy...

Shrugs

LiquorandGunFun said:

Shrugs

What are you talking about the great guy on my avatar?

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

Shrugs

What are you talking about the great guy on my avatar?

lol   oh yeah  That Guy! :)

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Not my fault you see that as a negative. Just part of that mentality I guess. I don’t see anything wrong with a Sony or Nintendo exec being as out there as Phil.

And you see anything wrong with Phil fulfilling his promises and acting more than talking??? Or perhaps you just see console warriors in others while you sit on a very high horse?

As an Xbone owner, exactly what promises has Papa Phil made me that I should be upset about? And as for talking, I’m simply of the opinion that someone can make big decisions and do his job as an executive, AND talk to the media and fans on social media. I mean... he’s not a developer, lol. I’m sure he has plenty of downtime in his daily routine. You wouldn’t enjoy someone at Sony opening up more about the industry and their personal thoughts on it, games they’re enjoying, sharing content, news, hinting at future stuff? What a bizarre stance to take. Not sure what your issue is here.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

As an Xbone owner, exactly what promises has Papa Phil made me that I should be upset about? And as for talking, I’m simply of the opinion that someone can make big decisions and do his job as an executive, AND talk to the media and fans on social media. I mean... he’s not a developer, lol. I’m sure he has plenty of downtime in his daily routine. You wouldn’t enjoy someone at Sony opening up more about the industry and their personal thoughts on it, games they’re enjoying, sharing content, news, hinting at future stuff? What a bizarre stance to take. Not sure what your issue is here.

We have had Shu, Ahmad and some others on Sony talking on several different occasions so we do have they open about what they are doing.

Great that you aren't upset of all the promises of more 1st parties and no exclusivity deals... that he certainly upheld.

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Yes I do know, you may remember I was in the thread of the metacritic of it.

Rare is a team that is under MS for over a decade, so that isn't any new investment, so I don't know what that have to do with the point anyway.

State of Decay and Crackdown have been announced and re-announced several times... while Ori is a nice continuation for a well received indie game for sure.

We have seem how many E3 with Phil and his promises? Will it always be wait for the next E3?

That is the problem thismeintiel was talking about. Xbox userbase defend Phil and Xbox even on things that are against their best interest, so both don't really improve on it.

What are you comparing it to? What new IP did Sony or Nintendo release this year?

Regardless of reviews you can't tell me there competitors have done anything new right now.

Last time MS brought a timed exclusives everyone got angry at Xbox and Crystal Dynamics.

Looks perfectly right to me.
He's had the job for many years now.
I don't see any improvement over Don Mattrick at the moment.

To me, since the start of this gen, I just see the xbox first party strategy just continuing the focus on game as service, nothing as change except they slashed budgets for games that aren't heavily focused on multiplayer.
And they didn't increase any other budget.

They are doing a good job on the hardware/OS front though.