By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer's PR guide book

Azzanation said:

What are you comparing it to? What new IP did Sony or Nintendo release this year?

Regardless of reviews you can't tell me there competitors have done anything new right now

Looking back at the posts I don't see Don Ferrari limiting the discussion to "new ip" at any point. 

Sony and Nintendo have put out critically acclaimed Single Player games, Microsoft has not. That was the discussion.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes I do know, you may remember I was in the thread of the metacritic of it.

Rare is a team that is under MS for over a decade, so that isn't any new investment, so I don't know what that have to do with the point anyway.

State of Decay and Crackdown have been announced and re-announced several times... while Ori is a nice continuation for a well received indie game for sure.

We have seem how many E3 with Phil and his promises? Will it always be wait for the next E3?

That is the problem thismeintiel was talking about. Xbox userbase defend Phil and Xbox even on things that are against their best interest, so both don't really improve on it.

What are you comparing it to? What new IP did Sony or Nintendo release this year?

Regardless of reviews you can't tell me there competitors have done anything new right now

Have you at least looked at the games released by MS, Nintendo and Sony for the gen and not see any discrepancy? I don't follow Nintendo, but let's see what new IPs have released on PS4 this year and not on X1?

I didn't understand your second paragraph.

Let's list what is scheduled for the year considering noteworth games and also new IP

Spider Man (new IP)
Detroit Become Human (new IP)

Gof of War (totally new take on the IP that is just keeping the avatar)

Days Gone (new IP-pushed to 2019)

Dreams (new IP)

Fist of the North Star (new take on the IP)

The inpatient (new IP for VR)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Barkley said:
Azzanation said:

Looking back at the posts I don't see Don Ferrari limiting the discussion to "new ip" at any point. 

Sony and Nintendo have put out critically acclaimed Single Player games, Microsoft has not. That was the discussion.

I didn't limit, but possible he wanted a token victory because SoT launched so we perhaps have to turn a blind on the other years without many exclusives and also lack of new IPs, or to the future where we already have games announced.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Barkley said:
Azzanation said:

New IP is a sign of bringing new games. 

Getting good reviews is a different story. Seems like everyone is jumping on MS for lack of games yet they just released a brand new IP in 2018.

Seems like everyone turns a blind eye on games if there not reviewed well.

If State of Decay, Crackdown and Ori all get mediocre reviews people will still bitch and complain on the lack of games.

Azzanation said:
Barkley said:

Getting good reviews is a different story. Seems like everyone is jumping on MS for lack of games yet they just released a brand new IP in 2018.

If State of Decay, Crackdown and Ori all get mediocre reviews people will still bitch and complain on the lack of games.

People jump on MS because releasing 1 or 3 games a year, new IP or not, well reviewed or not.... are a lot lower than the competition, so you tried to narrow a time frame of 3 months, talking only new IPs and ignoring critics to say MS is doing better than the others and people are at fault for being critic... mind if we pick any other random 3 months during the gen to see how many times you would be able to say the same?

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Barkley said:

Right, I'm sure you've never discounted any PlayStation game that scored around 68 when having debates about games lineup.

No if a PlayStation game had a metascore of less than 70 you'd say it was a bad game without even playing it.

Barkley said:
Azzanation said:

Right, I'm sure you've never discounted any PlayStation game that scored around 68 when having debates about games lineup.

No if a PlayStation game had a metascore of less than 70 you'd say it was a bad game without even playing it.

What are you talking about? Is this relevant?

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

People jump on MS because releasing 1 or 3 games a year, new IP or not, well reviewed or not.... are a lot lower than the competition, so you tried to narrow a time frame of 3 months, talking only new IPs and ignoring critics to say MS is doing better than the others and people are at fault for being critic... mind if we pick any other random 3 months during the gen to see how many times you would be able to say the same?

I compare right now not whats at a different period of time. In 6 months games can get delayed or cancelled etc. Right now MS just released a brand new IP and we are acting as if theres no games to play haha.

Its like sitting in a movie threatre saying theres nothing to watch while you are watching a brand new release. 

I play games, i dont care what other companies do. Aslong as they keep me entertained. I only own 4 games on my Switch which i love. I don't need 100 games when those 4 get me through.

Azzanation said:
Barkley said:

What are you talking about? Is this relevant?

Yes you're saying Sea of Thieves shouldn't be ignored because of it's poor review score.

"Seems like everyone turns a blind eye on games if there not reviewed well."

when I'm sure you've absolutely done that yourself in the past, but regardless, of course a game that reviews badly isn't going to be viewed with as much worth as a critically acclaimed title.

"If State of Decay, Crackdown and Ori all get mediocre reviews people will still bitch and complain on the lack of games."

The lack of good games yes.

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

I compare right now not whats at a different period of time. In 6 months games can get delayed or cancelled etc. Right now MS just released a brand new IP and we are acting as if theres no games to play haha.

Its like sitting in a movie threatre saying theres nothing to watch while you are watching a brand new release. 

I play games, i dont care what other companies do. Aslong as they keep me entertained. I only own 4 games on my Switch which i love. I don't need 100 games when those 4 get me through.

Yes I'm sure that before SoT or that in 3 months your were totally complaining about the lack of new IPs from MS. You are just having the "will take the victory I can"