By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer's PR guide book

KLAMarine said:
MarioBoy said:
I think anyone who’s a fan of a company other than Sony should not be bringing up new IPs, it simply wont end well...
Nintendo: (I’ll count both WiiU and Switch games cause Nintendo can use the help…)
Splatoon
The Wonderful 101
Arms
1-2 Switch
Labo

EA:
Titanfall
Unravel
Anthem

Activision:
Destiny
?

Ubisoft:
The Crew
Watch Dogs
For Honor
Steep
Child of Light

MS Studios:(6 IPs)
Quantum Break
Recore
Sea of Thieves
Crimson Dragon
Ori and the Blind Forest
Screamride
KALIMBA

Sony:
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Detroit: Become Human
Dreams
Until Dawn
Driveclub
The Order 1886
Knack
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Ghost of Tsushima
Concrete Genie
The Tomorrow Children
What Remains of Edith Finch
Everybody's gone to the Rapture
Drawn to Death
Kill strain
Alienation
Matterfall
Bound
Helldivers
Resogun
Hohokum
Guns Up
Entwined
CounterSpy
Here They Lie

Not gonna count 3ds titles?

No, this is a list of new IPs by each publisher that had their initial release on one of the current gen consoles.

Youre welcome to make one for handhelds, mobile, pc, etc. but personally im only interested in home console gaming and dont care what anyone is making in other gaming markets. Theres also the fact that some publishers dont dabble in other markets either which renders any comparisons useless.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

So let me get it straight, you accuse others of console warmongering, but others are overly emotional about things? There are people in Sony and Nintendo that engage with public, journalists and the lot, they are doing less than before perhaps, but still do and a figure head when talking is talking in behalf of his company not purely from his personal thoughts, unless of course he is being unprofessional. And I prefer the person in charge to be professional, act professional, do their job and put great content.

lol, it's unprofessional to be candid in interviews and honest with fans and express your own enjoyment in particular franchises? Nah.

DonFerrari said:

I like your line of thought "those were made before him, so he crying now that others are doing isn't an issue", "those that happened when he was already there, were made before him", "if it have happened and you can prove I won't care"... so why bother?

DonFerrari said:

And on the third you want to be literal so you can dismiss everything because he didn't say "I promise I'll release this game", yeah sure, whatever makes you happy. It would be wisest if they haven't been talking about increasing their 1st party for 4 years without anything to show out of it. Games take time to make, sure. But before they are released you would see studios being created, major flux of people joining, projects being started and rumored and then revealed or studios being bought, etc etc etc... we had none for 4 years beside MS and he saying "we are improving" and one of his executives last year saying they had no lack of exclusives "for the holidays" and completely ignoring what was being said.

No one dismissed anything. I addressed what you posted, try reading what you're replying to. Also, Microsoft considers anything they publish to be first party so no, you wouldn't really hear most of that stuff you think you'd be hearing. Expanding their first party to them means stuff like the Playground game we're getting, even though it's not made by a MS owned studio. We've also seen job postings for various games including the "Horizon clone" people were talking a lot about here a couple days ago. So these leaks exist and have come and gone, but they don't need to build new studios from the ground up or announce to the world that such and such developer is making such and such game for them, and I'm sure NDA's would prevent those developers from saying anything. Also, as I stated, it would be smarter for them to hold a lot of this back for a new gen launch.

DonFerrari said:

It would bother you? Funny enough, they aren't delivering, you aren't bothered, and want to give them more time than a full generation for they to take any real and meaningful action. Talk about patience granted to them.

They've released plenty of new stuff this gen. Lately they focused on their hardware issue and I'm fine with that, Scorpio be beastin breh. Software will come, and if not, then I'll have a problem with it.

I game on Xbone because I prefer the controller, UI, and network. If Sony were to improve in those areas for PS5 then why wouldn't I game on it mostly, assuming MS continues to rely on third party stuff mostly?