By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer's PR guide book

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes I'm sure that before SoT or that in 3 months your were totally complaining about the lack of new IPs from MS. You are just having the "will take the victory I can"

Are you talking about the past? I am talking about the present and they just released a new IP, and everyone is still bitching..

I own a Switch with a much smaller library than the Xbox yet I can still enjoy it. Maybe gamers need to stop comparing list size and start playing the games on there platforms. Don't like Xbox don't buy Xbox, its simple. No one is forcing anyone's hand, MS definitely isn't hence there efforts in the PC market. Same goes for any platforms. Right now I am playing my X1 more than my Switch until Nintendo releases something I like, I don't need to complain about it lacking games which many just love to do. Just to add I also play my PC more than any of my consoles and I really only play a few games on PC which has tons more games available.

E3 is coming and everyone is just judging now after a 1st party release? Wouldn't it be smart to wait until E3 which is where companies actually showcase there games? I mean that's a pretty smart thing to do and good on those waiting for E3. If they don't showcase anything gamers want than its time to complain to the forums.

I'm talking about the whole. Past, present and know future. And you are just trying to frame a current 3 months period just because it happens to be one where they launched a new IP. I'm pretty sure if we were before the launch of SoT you would ask us to look what is planned and if we where 3 months from now you would ask to see what have released some months ago... but if we were a lot further in the past you would avoid talking about it.

So your answer for the criticism against Phill is "don't look at the games they haven't release and be happy about what we have to play, ignore the topic"?

We have waited for several E3, you want to ask to wait for another, and after it will you dismiss the issue, ask to wait for the next E3 or just ignore the issue?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

We have had Shu, Ahmad and some others on Sony talking on several different occasions so we do have they open about what they are doing.

Great that you aren't upset of all the promises of more 1st parties and no exclusivity deals... that he certainly upheld.

Shu is not nearly as active as he used to be. And I can’t think of anyone from Nintendo. My comment was simple and straight forward, there was no reason for you to spill console warz all over it. If you think the output and work of Sony and Nintendo are good, then that’s great. Some of the execs being more sociable with fans and honest in interviews won’t change a single thing about that.

I don’t remember Phil making any promises about 1st party, but he has made comments about it. And I understand they take time. I’m genuinely curious about the exclusive deal part, have a link to some promise made there? I remember him talking about not wanting to do Destiny type exclusive deals. And to my knowledge they haven’t in awhile... feel free to correct me. 

And either way, no, those wouldn’t upset me. There are things in life worth being upset about, the “promises” of a company exec on Twitter are not among them, sorry.

Well to be fair Shu has a stable of about a dozen and a half studios all over the world to run. Hesnot free like Phil Spencer who seems to have nothing better to do than spend his days on Twitter congratulating Sony on the great games they make.

I think anyone who’s a fan of a company other than Sony should not be bringing up new IPs, it simply wont end well...
Nintendo: (I’ll count both WiiU and Switch games cause Nintendo can use the help…)
Splatoon
The Wonderful 101
Arms
1-2 Switch
Labo

EA:
Titanfall
Unravel
Anthem

Activision:
Destiny
?

Ubisoft:
The Crew
Watch Dogs
For Honor
Steep
Child of Light

MS Studios:(6 IPs)
Quantum Break
Recore
Sea of Thieves
Crimson Dragon
Ori and the Blind Forest
Screamride
KALIMBA

Sony:
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Detroit: Become Human
Dreams
Until Dawn
Driveclub
The Order 1886
Knack
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Ghost of Tsushima
Concrete Genie
The Tomorrow Children
What Remains of Edith Finch
Everybody's gone to the Rapture
Drawn to Death
Kill strain
Alienation
Matterfall
Bound
Helldivers
Resogun
Hohokum
Guns Up
Entwined
CounterSpy
Here They Lie

MarioBoy said:
I think anyone who’s a fan of a company other than Sony should not be bringing up new IPs, it simply wont end well...
Nintendo: (I’ll count both WiiU and Switch games cause Nintendo can use the help…)
Splatoon
The Wonderful 101
Arms
1-2 Switch
Labo

EA:
Titanfall
Unravel
Anthem

Activision:
Destiny
?

Ubisoft:
The Crew
Watch Dogs
For Honor
Steep
Child of Light

Quantum Break
Recore
Sea of Thieves
Crimson Dragon
Ori and the Blind Forest
Screamride
KALIMBA

Sony:
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Dreams
Until Dawn
Driveclub
The Order 1886
Knack
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Ghost of Tsushima
Concrete Genie
The Tomorrow Children
Drawn to Death
Kill strain
Alienation
Matterfall
Bound
Helldivers
Resogun
Hohokum
Guns Up
Entwined
CounterSpy
Here They Lie

Not gonna count 3ds titles?

KLAMarine said:
MarioBoy said:
Splatoon
The Wonderful 101
Arms
1-2 Switch
Labo

EA:
Titanfall
Unravel
Anthem

Activision:
Destiny
?

Ubisoft:
The Crew
Watch Dogs
For Honor
Steep
Child of Light

Quantum Break
Recore
Sea of Thieves
Crimson Dragon
Ori and the Blind Forest
Screamride
KALIMBA

Sony:
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Dreams
Until Dawn
Driveclub
The Order 1886
Knack
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Ghost of Tsushima
Concrete Genie
The Tomorrow Children
Drawn to Death
Kill strain
Alienation
Matterfall
Bound
Helldivers
Resogun
Hohokum
Guns Up
Entwined
CounterSpy
Here They Lie

Not gonna count 3ds titles?

No, this is a list of new IPs by each publisher that had their initial release on one of the current gen consoles.

Youre welcome to make one for handhelds, mobile, pc, etc. but personally im only interested in home console gaming and dont care what anyone is making in other gaming markets. Theres also the fact that some publishers dont dabble in other markets either which renders any comparisons useless.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

So let me get it straight, you accuse others of console warmongering, but others are overly emotional about things? There are people in Sony and Nintendo that engage with public, journalists and the lot, they are doing less than before perhaps, but still do and a figure head when talking is talking in behalf of his company not purely from his personal thoughts, unless of course he is being unprofessional. And I prefer the person in charge to be professional, act professional, do their job and put great content.

lol, it's unprofessional to be candid in interviews and honest with fans and express your own enjoyment in particular franchises? Nah.

DonFerrari said:

I like your line of thought "those were made before him, so he crying now that others are doing isn't an issue", "those that happened when he was already there, were made before him", "if it have happened and you can prove I won't care"... so why bother?

DonFerrari said:

And on the third you want to be literal so you can dismiss everything because he didn't say "I promise I'll release this game", yeah sure, whatever makes you happy. It would be wisest if they haven't been talking about increasing their 1st party for 4 years without anything to show out of it. Games take time to make, sure. But before they are released you would see studios being created, major flux of people joining, projects being started and rumored and then revealed or studios being bought, etc etc etc... we had none for 4 years beside MS and he saying "we are improving" and one of his executives last year saying they had no lack of exclusives "for the holidays" and completely ignoring what was being said.

No one dismissed anything. I addressed what you posted, try reading what you're replying to. Also, Microsoft considers anything they publish to be first party so no, you wouldn't really hear most of that stuff you think you'd be hearing. Expanding their first party to them means stuff like the Playground game we're getting, even though it's not made by a MS owned studio. We've also seen job postings for various games including the "Horizon clone" people were talking a lot about here a couple days ago. So these leaks exist and have come and gone, but they don't need to build new studios from the ground up or announce to the world that such and such developer is making such and such game for them, and I'm sure NDA's would prevent those developers from saying anything. Also, as I stated, it would be smarter for them to hold a lot of this back for a new gen launch.

DonFerrari said:

It would bother you? Funny enough, they aren't delivering, you aren't bothered, and want to give them more time than a full generation for they to take any real and meaningful action. Talk about patience granted to them.

They've released plenty of new stuff this gen. Lately they focused on their hardware issue and I'm fine with that, Scorpio be beastin breh. Software will come, and if not, then I'll have a problem with it.

I game on Xbone because I prefer the controller, UI, and network. If Sony were to improve in those areas for PS5 then why wouldn't I game on it mostly, assuming MS continues to rely on third party stuff mostly?

I’d say this one has reached as far as it needs to go.