By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Labo is trending below GameStop’s expectations

Will you buy Labo?

Yes, day one 9 8.82%

Yes, eventually 13 12.75%

No 80 78.43%

Total:102
zorg1000 said:
eastcoastrider said:
Can someone please tell me if you accidentaly wreck the cardboard or whatever can it be replaced on the cheap ?

Yes, for free

That was refuted by Nintendo: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/nintendo_confirms_it_wont_be_freely_supplying_extra_cardboard_replacements_for_labo

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I think it's a great idea for kids, but I can see two doubts for potential buyers, durability of cardboard and cost to replace it if needed. Public awareness should increase, I suddenly came to know about Labo existence when advertising started, and I already saw the ad at least twice, although I don't remember whether also on TV or on the net only.

Edit: OK, so Ninty will provide carboard design patterns for free, this should settle the cardboard issues for users with enough manual skills.

Last edited by Alby_da_Wolf - on 17 April 2018

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I dont get the overall hate for Labo personally. ''Its not what I want!''. Well obviously, its for kids. I'm not getting it either but people act like Labo's existence is personally offending them or something lol.

Like others mentioned, I think the real indication of Labo having any long term life is gonna be the holidays. If holiday's comes and goes and sales are in the pooper,then we can call this thing an error and failure on Nintendo's part.

We will see.

Edit: I also saw other people mention this should've been released more so near its announcement. I agree. But even without that, they haven't really marketed it very much outside its first initial two weeks. You'd figure that something like this they'd want to shove down the publics throats,but really if you look past the initial two weeks of its announcement, we haven't truly seen any marketing for it. Its out Friday and I haven't seen advertisements for it in awhile. 

This is why I'm waiting to see what happens during the Holidays to see if parents watch other peoples creation videos or if Nintendo markets the product in the future based off peoples creations to sell their product. Christmas gonna be key

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Odd that people are happy about it not meeting "expectations". Rooting for something to fail is such a negative mindset imo.

I personally think this will be like Virtual Boy cool to a few people who are curious about it, but the problem with cardboard is it does not have the longevity or durability of plastics .  And since this is really aimed at a younger generation that really needs durability, this is why parents loved the old consoles unless you melted it and even then Original GameBoy still worked they would keep on living.

Around the Network

What were their expectations tough, were they expecting a smashing sucess, cause in that case it might still be very sucessfull, just not as sucessfull as gamestop tought it would.

They're trying to sell cardboard cutouts with a kid's game for over $60. Of course, parents aren't interested. Cardboard doesn't last long and everyone knows it. We'll see how well it does after the holidays.

DakonBlackblade said:
What were their expectations tough, were they expecting a smashing sucess, cause in that case it might still be very sucessfull, just not as sucessfull as gamestop tought it would.

According to this, they don't  expect it to sell like crazy.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-expectations-for-labo-launch-in-france.26364/

Well this one's for Target, Best Buy and all the other department stores where regular parents look for regular toys for regular kids.

Nintendo never expected this to hit home with the kind of people that shop at GameStop, and if GameStop did, they have only themselves to blame.

Zach808 said:
Good. Hopefully this will be the final nail in the coffin of shovelware gimmicks. I can understand motion control, but this isn’t even a cool novelty like that. Maybe this will teach Nintendo to just bring us the games.

Novelty like waggling the fucking controller to throw Mario's hat? Personally, I'm tired of motion controls period. I wish Nintendo would just for once, go back to making straight up, core games without ANY gimmicky controls.

Last edited by AlfredoTurkey - on 17 April 2018