By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Labo is trending below GameStop’s expectations

Will you buy Labo?

Yes, day one 9 8.82%

Yes, eventually 13 12.75%

No 80 78.43%

Total:102

I think it should have launched a bit closer with the reveal video and the Toy-Con event they did. It had great momentum at that point but then you have 2 months with nothing on it and people move on.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Did anyone really have high expectations about Labo sales ?

I believe that not even Nintendo has high expectations. If they sell about 1 million kits they will probably be happy.

I don't know tgat Gamestop preorders are really the place for Labo sales, edpecially vs a long time hardcore game franchise like GOW! But, I kind of expect Labo to be a modest product anyway, I think there was a thread where I predicted 5or maybe 8 mil.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
KLXVER said:
Hope it bombs.

Why? What would that get you?

Labo is likely a minimal investment for Nintendo so what does it matter...

It would stop Nintendo from focusing on Labo and maybe make something I want.

Hynad said:
OTBWY said:
Nonsense thread because there isn't any real market research displayed here.

It's based on Gamestop's own pre-order numbers. 

But it's also a thread that doesn't make a Nintendo product look good, so it's nonsense.

Yet it has pretty high pre order numbers (actual numbers) elsewhere. But let us not stray from this threads purpose.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
As I said when it was first announced. Either it will be a blue ocean success of epic proportions or it will be an epic bomb. There really is no in-between on this thing.

I agree with this. It will either be huge or flop. We'll find out soon enough. 

I believe people will be more interested in Labo when its buyers start to share its creations and customizations on social media, sort of what happened to Amiibos during a certain period. It´s a niche product. No real competition here with any other product or game

Slownenberg said:
What were there expectations? It is a very niche product so it's not gonna be some big seller. 100k worldwide for launch week I think would be great. And obviously the holidays is the main season it will sell. If all Labos combined sell close to 2 million lifetime that would be a big success for what it is.

Probably only in Japan will do 100k+ in first week.

KLXVER said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Why? What would that get you?

Labo is likely a minimal investment for Nintendo so what does it matter...

It would stop Nintendo from focusing on Labo and maybe make something I want.

That's the beauty of games, movies, TV shows, and other media. If Labo is not for you, then that's fine. It may be appealing to someone else and there's no need to disregard them. Labo is not for everyone, just like every other game of existence.

We will wait and see how this will work or not. I bet kid and parent will buy this shit like crazy. As long Nintendo support it, it might be a decent sales for them in the future. Their primary target are very clear and it's children.