By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Labo is trending below GameStop’s expectations

Will you buy Labo?

Yes, day one 9 8.82%

Yes, eventually 13 12.75%

No 80 78.43%

Total:102
quickrick said:
DialgaMarine said:
Uuuumm... Shocking? How many people were honestly expecting $60- $80 cardboard to be a big seller?

Many nintendo fans, but like i said before, it's a hit or miss product, and most often then not they miss.

I just can’t figure out the market; adults and teens aren’t going to be interested for obvious reasons, and most parents aren’t going to shovel out that kind of money for something that won’t last very long, and more than likely will be destroyed by their kids within a week. It makes me very interested in knowing who has actually bought it. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Pretty that isnt the reason (most) people would root against it. Unless they're completely naive and think Labo would be the primary focus for Nintendo going forward.

Success = more money = more R&D = better games and hardware in the future. It does benefit gamers both directly and indirectly  

no necessarily wii was a huge success, nintendo out put in quality games didn't really change, or look at kinect success it completely destroyed Microsoft first part focus.   

You just said it, quality games. Benefits gamers right? 

DialgaMarine said:

most parents aren’t going to shovel out that kind of money for something that won’t last very long, and more than likely will be destroyed by their kids within a week.

As a parent of 3, i can tell you that the majority of kids products are overpriced and dont last very long.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:

most parents aren’t going to shovel out that kind of money for something that won’t last very long, and more than likely will be destroyed by their kids within a week.

As a parent of 3, i can tell you that the majority of kids products are overpriced and dont last very long.

yeh I dont get how that is a valid argument.  this thing is priced better than most the crap my son and daughter ask me to buy after seeing some random youtube video

Baddman said:
zorg1000 said:

yeh I dont get how that is a valid argument.  this thing is priced better than most the crap my son and daughter ask me to buy after seeing some random youtube video

Yeah..even LEGO sets are pretty damn expensive, considering they could potentially be choking hazards and a piece could get easily lost and that could ruin the built of the set unless you have extras lying around somewhere.

Around the Network
Baddman said:
zorg1000 said:

Its really not, just today i bought my son a $20 plastic action figure set that he wanted. It came with a t-rex, a soldier, a truck and a trailer.

The piece that connects the truck and trailer doesnt exist and the soldier's groin area broke while i was taking it out of the box so now his legs wont stay on.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Not surprised. Also this is not the type of "game" i would like to see succeed, so i'm not complaining.

I don't get the hope for Labo to fail. As I said before, its ok if its not for you. Not every damn game has to be for everyone. It's like as if Labo did something to you that you don't want it to succeed. I think its a nice opportunity to explore different aspects of technology through gaming, like motion controls, VR, touch screen, and 3D.

It's clear that Labo isn't a gamer's game. But it doesn't have to be. I'm sure you guys have seen some of the preview videos and some of the videos posted by Nintendo on the potential use of Labo. I don't see anything wrong so why the hope of this failing? It's not like Nintendo is using its Zelda team to create all this. And in the end, this is part of Nintendo's DNA, for decades, even before video games.

I dunno if I would say this comment is the be all end all for labo. It is just one source after all, I feel we won't see how it'll truly do until it launches.... Or someone from the future confirms it, or learns of it from their crystal ball.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Zach808 said:
Good. Hopefully this will be the final nail in the coffin of shovelware gimmicks. I can understand motion control, but this isn’t even a cool novelty like that. Maybe this will teach Nintendo to just bring us the games.

One of their most successful products of the last few years is their series of statuettes - Amibo.  So, I doubt this will be the end of non-game stuff from Ninty, regardless of how well it sells.  That's unfortunate.