By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and Xbox One exclusive titles aren't that impressive

JamesGarret said:
Reviewers used to be more generous with scores last gen, a +90 doesn´t come as easily nowadays..

Pretty much. "Critics" or shall we say reviewers have been a lot more critical (and nit-picky) this generation. I think stagnation of new ideas from games side has affected scores. Adding to that, the output from Publishers has been a lot less than from 7th gen.

Overall..  I feel as though Sony's output this generation has been a lot stronger in terms of quality and fresher in new IP's. Microsoft however, I cannot really say. Which is part of the reasons why I don't own a XB1.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

PC is largely in the same boat though.

Warhammer II
Civ VI Strategy
Hearts of Iron IV
Endless Legend
Endless Space II
Galactic Civilizations III
Age of Wonders III

All of them a single genre to boot. So if you don't happen to be a  massive fan of strategy games, PC won't offer much in way of modern exclusives. 

And you forgot about Tearaway, Yakuza 0, DQ Builders, Disgaea 5, Moss, Hatsune Miku, etc on the PS4 side. Spiderman, LoU2 are coming. Yakuza remakes are such a massive leap over the original games that you shouldn't count them as remakes at all. Everything from the graphics to the gameplay was 100% overhauled for Kiwami and Kiwami 2. 

And finally, P5 is still somewhat exclusive, to a degree. XB1 fans certainly can't play it. Those with weak PCs can't play it. 

Why are you including PC, in a topic that's talking specifically about PS4 and X1?.

You also missed out upcoming exclusives like Mech Warrior 5: Mercenaries, Battletech, Anno 1800, Dauntless, Quake Champions, Underworld Ascendant, Griftlands, Long gone days, Hunt Showdown etc.

The games I listed aren't all from a single genre either.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

LethalP said:

What I see here is first off, game development this gen takes much longer resulting in less games. Credit to Insomniac though for Releasing a big AAA every 2 years like devs used to.

PS3 only vs PS4 only is a complete blow out. As for Xbox One, lol.

Less games this gen?

Dude I'm not going to count the amount of games previously existing vs the current one so you may or may not be technically correct.

All I can say is that I have never had in the past so many games to play, I never had such a huge back log of game still to do.

I think you are completely missing indie games  which galore this gen and like I said, taking 2017 as an example I simply can't follow up as there are so many good games now. In past generation if I had 2 games in my back log it was probably the most I had. I still remember how when finishing a game I was thinking "What can I play now?" And this thought has never happened this gen as I currently have more than 12 games in my back log while having 5 games I am playing almost at the same time. it's mad these days.

Kyuu said:

The PS3 list is missing at least two games that I can think of: Valkyria Chronicles, and Ni no Kuni (It's on DS in Japan so I guess it doesn't count by your criteria?)

Also, why is Beyond: Two Souls (70 meta) here?

Beyond and Valkyria Chronicles are both on the PS3 anyway.

So many conditions to make this argument, to say nothing of the big time disparity...

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
So many conditions to make this argument, to say nothing of the big time disparity...

My main point is games created from the ground up exclusively for the PS4 and Xbox One. Not games that are also on PC, Switch, Vita, PS3, 360, 3DS, whatever. Just PS4, see what I'm saying? The same criteria applies for the PS3 list too.

I used above 80 MC because to include 70's and 60's would make the lists too big, that's it. Even then, even if we did include everything, the same thing would apply but on a larger scale. The PS3 has had more full exclusives by far. That's the point.

It's funny how you make conditions then completely ignore them

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Kyuu said:
VGPolyglot said:

Beyond and Valkyria Chronicles are both on the PS3 anyway.

Not sure what you're getting at. You mean PS4?

Yeah, I meant to say PS4 D:

ArchangelMadzz said:

How is that?

LethalP said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

How is that?

You put "Only on PS4 or X1"

Then list games that can be bought and played on PC. 

If we're including games that can be played on PC than that PS4 list needs to be longer..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'