By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and Xbox One exclusive titles aren't that impressive

LethalP said:

PS4:

• God Of War
  • Uncharted 4
  • Uncharted Lost Legacy
  • Bloodborne
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Yakuza 6
  • Yakuza 0
  • Gravity Rush 2 PS4/Vita
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Disgaea 5 PS4/Vita/Switch
  • DragonQuest Builders PS4/Vita/Switch
  • Moss - VR Only
  • Persona 5 - Officially Exclusive Unofficially PC/PS4
  • Hatsune Miku Vita/PS4
  • Tearaway PS4/Vita
  • TLoU2
  • Spiderman
  • Yakuza Kiwami You listed R&C so why not this? 
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2 Ditto

There. That's a clearer representation of what PS4 has on offer as far as exclusives/semi-exclusives go. Add in Nioh, Nier Automata, Ys VIII, and Berseria to that list, and it's clear why PS4 is stomping XB1 this gen. 

Around the Network
MasterThief said:
we lost the quantity that comes with exclusives that for sure. its even worse if you go back to PS2. we had plentiful of exclusives. PS3 still was great

PS4 is beaten XBOX one. but its not beating PS3 or PS2 or PS1. thats just a fact really                             

It's a quantity vs quality issue, I think . 

I don't think most people would argue with the idea that once the PS4 is done, it could very well have a chance of winning against the PS3 in terms of quality. Sure, Metacritic begs to differ, but aggregates don't take into account the difference in rating systems that takes place over time. I think that for the people who actually go out and play these games and have a history with these games - the kind of people that frequent gaming forums for example - titles like Bloodborne, The Last of Us 2, Uncharted 4, and God of War 4 will beat the previous entries that made the PS3 so special. And even if they don't, titles like Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone will take the crown where there might not have previously been any game. These new IPs are/will probably be way bigger than stuff like Killzone or Resistence too. If Days Gone, Detroit:Become Human, The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, and Dreams come out and knock our socks off ... yeah ... I don't see much of a chance of PS3 winning, to be honest. 

Why not compare in the same time frame?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PS4 still has a lot of high profile games to be released, just wait and see.

CGI-Quality said:
LethalP said:

Both platforms under the same scruitiny, so it's fair. I suppose you could include games like Until Dawn or LBP 3 as 'equivalent' releases from this gen regardless of metascore. But I mainly picked above 80 because there's just too many to list of we get into the 70's.

It’s not about platforms, but the idea in general. To me, it is poor criteria.

CGI, I basically agree that its not a great way to measure games.  But, if we don't use review scores, how else could we really have this discussion? 

Around the Network

The exclusive output of the PS4 isn't as high as on the PS3. But that largely has to do with the ambitions of Sony this gen. It seems like every studio is taking on more and more ambitious projects and those take a lot of time. We will not get two god of war games or 4 full scale Naughty Dog games. Though the ones that release this gen are the biggest yet. I prefer the high quality and more content driven output of the PS4 over the quantity output of the PS3. Just put Uncharted 3 and Uncharted 4 next to each other. The latter is almost twice as long and overall way bigger. Same probably goes for the next God of War.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

CGI-Quality said:
LethalP said:

Both platforms under the same scruitiny, so it's fair. I suppose you could include games like Until Dawn or LBP 3 as 'equivalent' releases from this gen regardless of metascore. But I mainly picked above 80 because there's just too many to list of we get into the 70's.

It’s not about platforms, but the idea in general. To me, it is poor criteria.

In essence I'm saying there's more games released on PS3 than PS4 that are exclusive. If we start to include 'also on PC' or cross gen titles, that certianly helps in PS4's favor, but it's not enough to even remotely make up for the difference.

Games are taking too long to make this generation. It's not just Sony, it's everyone.

last92 said:
Cherrypicking at its best. Why include a crack in time and not lost legacy? Man...

Also, wipeout hd for the ps3? Seriously?

A Crack in Time is perhaps the best Ratchet and Clank. Lost Legacy was an Uncharted 4 expansion.

Wipeout HD was a full fledged Wipeout game.

LethalP said:
last92 said:
Cherrypicking at its best. Why include a crack in time and not lost legacy? Man...

Also, wipeout hd for the ps3? Seriously?

A Crack in Time is perhaps the best Ratchet and Clank. Lost Legacy was an Uncharted 4 expansion.

Wipeout HD was a full fledged Wipeout game.

Key word being "was", it eventually evolved into a standalone title.

Cerebralbore101 said:
LethalP said:

PS4:

• God Of War
  • Uncharted 4
  • Uncharted Lost Legacy
  • Bloodborne
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Yakuza 6
  • Yakuza 0
  • Gravity Rush 2 PS4/Vita
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Disgaea 5 PS4/Vita/Switch
  • DragonQuest Builders PS4/Vita/Switch
  • Moss - VR Only
  • Persona 5 - Officially Exclusive Unofficially PC/PS4
  • Hatsune Miku Vita/PS4
  • Tearaway PS4/Vita
  • TLoU2
  • Spiderman
  • Yakuza Kiwami You listed R&C so why not this? 
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2 Ditto

There. That's a clearer representation of what PS4 has on offer as far as exclusives/semi-exclusives go. Add in Nioh, Nier Automata, Ys VIII, and Berseria to that list, and it's clear why PS4 is stomping XB1 this gen. 

Shit, yeah, take away Ratchet and Clank then, now it has even less!

Gravity Rush 2 is only on PS4. The first game is on Vita. Yakuza 0 is on PS3. Persona 5 is on PS3. Switch games shouldn't count. Moss fair enough. Kiwami is a remake, so...

• God Of War
  • Uncharted 4
  • Uncharted Lost Legacy
  • Bloodborne
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Last Guardian
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Detroit Become Human
  • Spiderman
  • Yakuza 6
  • Moss

New games not found anywhere but PS4. What a list after 5 years.