By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and Xbox One exclusive titles aren't that impressive

Game reviews sort of lost their purpose when review  sites started to use low scores as clickbaits. This  was especially bad at the time of current gen launch.Also the player scores were being manipulated by extreme opinions rather than objective ones. Personally I see no valuee in metascore.

Fortunately nowadays you can watch lots of gameplay in YouTube to make up your mind before purchase. 

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I gave you a like to test out the new like system because I was so excited to see a like system  but I found out you can't take it back. So just to let you know, I didn't actually read your comment, and the like is arbitrary. 

I gave you a genuine like because this is probably my favorite Chartz post ever.

LOL thanks ... I was hopping the humor of a random clarification wouldn't be lost on everyone ... haha 

I can understand remasters, but why aren't remakes in that list?

Thats like saying every new superman/spiderman origin story movie doesn't count because its a "remake"

Its simply criminal not putting Ratchet and Clank and SOTC remakes in that list. Its an insult to the amount of work that those devs put into those games.

And then there is the fact that these days its actually harder for games to get and maintain high review scores. Thats just because theer are more reviewers around these days.

You are comparing 7yrs to "almost 5 years", as is I can think of at least 4 to 6 games that will be making a showing before ths gen is out that will most likely make that list. Hell, right off the top of my head, detroit, spiderman, last of us 2, ghosts of tsuwhatever, days gone......etc

Lastly, if you are putting wipeout HD in that list, then omega collection should be there too, caause Hipeout HD was actually a remake too, and omega collection is a remake too.

Honestly your list is just off, you put in games like journey but then leave out games like resogun...... oh..... Uncharted 4 the lost legacy is a standalone game..... so there is that too.

PwerlvlAmy said:
damn thats pretty crazy when shaped into that way. We'll see though when ps4 is done

you know whats really crazy? and this one is easy to miss....

take a good look at the PS3 list, now group them into franchises you will find that there are only like 9 games on that list.... lots of sequels within the same generation.

Now look at  the PS4 list, not a single sequel on that list, and the games coming up are also not sequels or at the very least are making their first appearance eg. spiderman, detroit, last of us 2, GoT, dreams, Days gone.

The real take away from this for me is that it takes longer to make these games now.

the-pi-guy said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Wheres Nioh and Persona 5 ?

Nioh is on PC, and Persona 5 is on PS3.  

Nioh only launched on PC months after its PS4 release, and no matter how you cut it Persona 5 is excluisve, count it on both PS3 and 4 if you want but it is. The list is also misisng Until Dawn (oh it has a 79 metascore, who cares the game was a smashing sucess and reviewers never give high scores to these types of games), Nier (ye also on PC, but also release on a later date on that plataform, and still console exclusive), Ratchet and Clank (even calling it a remake is wrong, its an entirely new game, only the story beats are similar to the original), Resogun (as far as I know its not on PC, it is on pS3 and Vitta, only released on those two consoles over one years after the PS4 release), Uncharted the Lost Legacy (wich is a fully fledged game, it has both the quality and the length) and Im pretty sure there are others Im forgetting.

Not to mention we are comparing PS4 halfway its life cycle versus PS3 full life cycle.

Last edited by DakonBlackblade - on 17 April 2018

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
pitzy272 said:

@bolded

If you count Uncharted 1, you have to count Uncharted TLL. They’re nearly the same length.

As for the 9 vs 22 part of your post, that’s ridiculous imo. In addition to the 9 listed in the OP (and Uncharted TLL, as mentioned above), the other NOTABLE ps4 exclusives also include Persona 5, Nier, Nioh, Until Dawn, LittleBigPlanet 3, GT Sport, Resogun, Nex Machina, and, if you’re gonna count Motorstorm PR, then Driveclub should count for ps4. Motorstorm was not a great game, would not be considered a notable ps3 exclusive, and did not sell well. 

So, that would make 19 for ps4 and 22 for ps3.

Persona 5 - on PS3

Nier - on PC

Nioh on PC

Until Dawn - received a 79

LittleBigPlanet 3 - on PS3

GT Sport - received a 75

Resogun - on PC 

Nex Machina on PC

Driveclub should count for ps4:
If you'd read my post, you'd see that I did.  

"DriveClub had a rough start, and was hurt score wise.  But frankly that game deserves to be on the list at this point.  "  This line is literally in your quote.   

One of the biggest things that help the list the OP made, is the fact that so many early games were released on PS3 and PS4.  Many of which get counted for the PS3 list, because it came out earlier there.  

Until Dawn is a bigger deal, and was more popular and sold more, than many of the games on the ps3 list. To be honest, I still can’t believe it has a 79 Metacritic. It deserves an 82 minimum. Was such a pleasant surprise for me (and the 2 other people I played it with).

Not counting LPB3 and Persona 5 bc they’re  on ps3 as well is ridiculous. The definitive versions of both games were absolutely the ps4 versions, and the ps3 versions were the afterthought. I’ve never heard a single person discount BotW on Switch bc it’s also on Wii U—nor should they.

Ive always disagreed with the “it’s on PC, so it’s not an exclusive” argument. Sea of Thieves in most people’s eyes is an XBO exclusive. This thread isn’t about how many games ps4 and XBO had that weren’t available on PC. To exclude Nier, Nioh, Resogun, and Nex Machina is being intentionally selective. Then again, that seems to be exactly what you and the OP are doing. 

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 17 April 2018

the-pi-guy said:
pitzy272 said:

Ive always disagreed with the “it’s on PC, so it’s not an exclusive” argument. 

OP only seems to disagree with it, when it's on Xbox.  

So either he should remove those games for Xbox or add in the PS4/PC games for their list.   

pitzy272 said:

Then again, that seems to be exactly what you and the OP are doing. 

I'm being selective because I'm following OP's rule.  Do I agree with it?  No, but if that's the box that OP wants to work in, that's the box I will work in to show OP that he is being misleading.  

This was also in my first post that you criticized: Sony Japan:  Knack 1 and 2 were unfairly low rated I think.   So yes, I'm being so unfair that I included Knack.

It seemed you were backing the OP, that’s all. If not, then disregard that comment. 

JRPGfan said:
LethalP said:

Games above 80 MC lets say, only on PS4 or X1, aren't remasters or remakes. What do we have?

Persona 5 should be on that list imo for the PS4.

its on ps3

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!