By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and Xbox One exclusive titles aren't that impressive

I don't really understand it. Are you judging by quantity while ignoring quality? Your title doesn't mention quantity but rather implies quality. Yet you seem to be comparing quantity over quality. I honestly wasn't all-that impressed with PS3 exclusives, not the number of exclusives but rather the quality of the exclusives themselves. Uncharted, Resistance, GT, God of War, et all never got me to buy a PS3. 

Around the Network

How can you say development times are longer by comparing your lists when titles aren’t there because they either don’t have 80MC or are remastered. Games like Knack, LBP3, Tearaway, Killzone etc plus other exclusives that may not be first party should be included if you are talking about development time and how many exclusives a platform has. Also doing remasteres takes time so I would expect a little fewer exclusives if you aren’t going to include them.

This is ridiculous how bout we make this comparison after the generation is finished ? do you have any idea how many more exclusives are coming to ps4 ? i think not cause otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread.

And also there are a lot of games missing on your Ps4 list.. ridiculous thread.

Chazore said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

PC is largely in the same boat though.

Warhammer II
Civ VI Strategy
Hearts of Iron IV
Endless Legend
Endless Space II
Galactic Civilizations III
Age of Wonders III

All of them a single genre to boot. So if you don't happen to be a  massive fan of strategy games, PC won't offer much in way of modern exclusives. 

And you forgot about Tearaway, Yakuza 0, DQ Builders, Disgaea 5, Moss, Hatsune Miku, etc on the PS4 side. Spiderman, LoU2 are coming. Yakuza remakes are such a massive leap over the original games that you shouldn't count them as remakes at all. Everything from the graphics to the gameplay was 100% overhauled for Kiwami and Kiwami 2. 

And finally, P5 is still somewhat exclusive, to a degree. XB1 fans certainly can't play it. Those with weak PCs can't play it. 

Why are you including PC, in a topic that's talking specifically about PS4 and X1?.

You also missed out upcoming exclusives like Mech Warrior 5: Mercenaries, Battletech, Anno 1800, Dauntless, Quake Champions, Underworld Ascendant, Griftlands, Long gone days, Hunt Showdown etc.

The games I listed aren't all from a single genre either.

OP's post seemed to imply that consoles weren't worth owning, because they didn't have enough exclusive games. 

I don't know anything about those games, so I won't assume that they'll do well, like I did with the upcoming PS4 games. Are any of those being developed by studios with a good track record of getting 80+ on MC/OC? If so, I'll add them. 

Classic flawed list wars on Vgchartz, very entertaining.

So Disgaea 5 doesn't count even though it released in ~1 year for PS4 and was exclusive for 2 years, while TLOU does count even though it was only exclusive for a year and released 6.5 years after PS3. Persona 5 doesn't work for PS4 because it releases 11 years into PS3s lifetime. I wonder if you will remake this list when the PS4 has been out for 11 years.

Ratchet and Clank don't count even though it is not a remaster or remake. It's its own game.

MLB the Show 17 and 18 don't count cause reasons.

Moss works but not Statik.

Journey but not Polybius.

etc. etc.

Anyways 7th gen really sucked compared to 8th gen, but I am glad 7th gen finally improved after many years.

Around the Network
Farsala said:

Classic flawed list wars on Vgchartz, very entertaining.

So Disgaea 5 doesn't count even though it released in ~1 year for PS4 and was exclusive for 2 years, while TLOU does count even though it was only exclusive for a year and released 6.5 years after PS3. Persona 5 doesn't work for PS4 because it releases 11 years into PS3s lifetime. I wonder if you will remake this list when the PS4 has been out for 11 years.

Ratchet and Clank don't count even though it is not a remaster or remake. It's its own game.

MLB the Show 17 and 18 don't count cause reasons.

Moss works but not Statik.

Journey but not Polybius.

etc. etc.

Anyways 7th gen really sucked compared to 8th gen, but I am glad 7th gen finally improved after many years.

I gave you a like to test out the new like system because I was so excited to see a like system  but I found out you can't take it back. So just to let you know, I didn't actually read your comment, and the like is arbitrary. 

Look at all these people given this..uhmz i will refrain what i want to call him replies.

Dont take the bait.
Ps3 whas the worst gen ever.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Conina said:
LethalP said:

Games above 80 MC lets say, only on PS4 or X1, aren't remasters or remakes. What do we have?

PS4:

• God Of War
  • Uncharted 4
  • Bloodborne
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Last Guardian
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Yakuza 6
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Moss
  • Resogun / Heroes
  • Statik
  • Polybius
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Detroit: Beyond Human (next month)

Compare that to PS3:

• Uncharted 2
  • Uncharted 1
  • Uncharted 3
  • The Last Of Us - 2013
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • LittleBigPlanet 2 - 2011
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • God Of War III
  • God Of War Ascension - 2013
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Gran Turismo 6 - 2013
  • Journey - 2012
  • Killzone 2
  • Killzone 3 - 2011
  • Wipeout HD - Remaster / Remix
  • Demon's Souls
  • Ratchet & Clank Tools Of Destruction
  • Ratchet & Clank A Crack In Time
  • Resistance
  • Resistance 2
  • Resistance 3 - 2011
  • Heavy Rain
  • Infamous
  • Infamous 2 - 2011
  • Yakuza 5 - 2015
  • Motorstorm
  • Motorstorm Pacific Rift

PS3 only vs PS4 only is a complete blow out.

u forgot to cross out Uncharted 3 released on 11-1-11

ITs a bit early to compare PS4 and xboxOne exclusive list to a list of a console with 10 years of exclusive content don’t ya think?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Using Metacritic to evaluate how "good" a generation is really is a fool's errand, but beyond that:
1) At a glance many critically acclaimed games were omitted from the PS4 list. Yakuza 0 (!!!), Nioh, Nier, Persona 5
2) The timescale doesn't fit, since you're comparing 7 years to just over 4
3) Why even include the XBox One at all if you're not going to have an XBox 360 segment?

This was a poor idea to begin with, but execution was just sloppy