By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and Xbox One exclusive titles aren't that impressive

LethalP said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

PC is largely in the same boat though.

Warhammer II
Civ VI Strategy
Hearts of Iron IV
Endless Legend
Endless Space II
Galactic Civilizations III
Age of Wonders III

All of them a single genre to boot.

And you forgot about Gravity Rush 2, DQ Builders, Disgaea 5, etc. Spiderman, LoU2 are coming. Yakuza remakes are such a massive leap over the original games that you shouldn't count them as remakes at all. Everything from the graphics to the gameplay was 100% overhauled for Kiwami and Kiwami 2. 

Gravity Rush 2 is there. DQ Builders isn't PS4 only, it's on Vita and Switch. So is Disgaea 5. Yakuza Remakes are just that, Remakes of older games. I mean new games, otherwize I'd have included SoTC and stuff. Both lists are games that were released especially for that system. PS4 games just take much longer to develop.

Yeah, but those games aren't on PC or XB1 (the two biggest competitors to Sony's PS4). You missed my edit. Gravity Rush 2 is gone from the list, and replaced by Yakuza 0. 

Around the Network

This could be because of a few things:

A ) Longer development times
B ) PS and Xbox franchises being released at the tail end of the Xbox 360/PS3's lifespan
C ) A marketplace that is based around multiplats more

Also a lot of the PS3 games you listed weren't even that popular and were actually pretty stagnant franchises ... it's a stark contrast to the PS4 where almost every Sony franchise has gotten a huge peak in popularity

I thought this was a first party exclusive only list until i saw Yakuza 6, which means this isnt about first party at all and if thats the case then why wont you count Yakuza 0 (85 metacritic, PS4 only) as well?.

I do think however that we will likely end up with less games this gen compared to last, just looking at Naughty Dog they put out 4 games last gen (3 uncharteds and TLOU) and this gen it will be only half of that with UC4 and TLOU2, and then we have Santa Monica who put out GOW 3 and Ascension but are just about to release their first big game for the PS4 and i really REALLY doubt they will manage to put out another one before the gen is over, i would imagine their next game will be for the PS5.

Last edited by estebxx - on 15 April 2018

estebxx said:

I thought this was a first party exclusive only list until i saw Yakuza 6, which means this isnt about first party at all and if thats the case then why wont you count Yakuza 0 (85 metacritic, PS4 only) as well?.

I do think however that we will likely end up with less games this gen compared to last, just looking at Naughty Dog they put out 4 games last gen (3 uncharteds and TLOU) and this gen it will be only half of that with UC4 and TLOU2, and then we have Santa Monica who put out GOW 3 and Ascension but are just about to release their first big game for the PS4 and i really REALLY doubt the manage to put out another one before the gen is over, i would imagine their next game will be for the PS5.

I agree with the sentiment, we will probably end up with a handful less of exclusives, but Uncharted Lost Legacy absolutely counts as a brand new game ... it's campaign is about as long as most of the PS3 Uncharteds. 

Reviwers are definitely more critical this generation than they were the previous one. You're also comparing games from a complete generation to one that has maybe 3 more years left.

Also, Yakuza 4 and Beyond: Two Souls shouldn't be on your list as they don't even reach your requirements with their 78 and 70 on MC respectively. Detroit: Become Human hasn't even released yet and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy should be on the list.

Last edited by TheGoldenBoy - on 15 April 2018

Around the Network
LethalP said: 

X1:

• Halo 5
  • Gears Of War 4
  • Forza 6
  • Forza 7
  • Forza Horizon 3
  • Sunset Overdrive

Yeah, on that list the only real stellar title is Forza Horizon 3. 

Sunset Overdrive was here then gone really quickly, same with Quantum Break. Forza 6 was decent enough but didn't standout. Forza 7 is more of an Xbox One X tech demo. Having played it on the standard Xbox One, it is extremely bland.  Halo 5 kinda forgot to be a Halo game. It pandered a bit to much to current trends, which (for me at least) broke a lot of what made Halo Halo. Gears 4 maybe does the exact opposite, it doesn't change enough. The campaign is decent enough but the overall formula is the same from Gears 1. 

Cherrypicking at its best. Why include a crack in time and not lost legacy? Man...

Also, wipeout hd for the ps3? Seriously?

last92 said:
Cherrypicking at its best. Why include a crack in time and not lost legacy? Man...

Also, wipeout hd for the ps3? Seriously?

Oh yeah, The Lost Legacy is over 80 but it's not on the list, good catch.

I actually expected way better analysis than just some Metacritic stuff when I clicked the link.

we lost the quantity that comes with exclusives that for sure. its even worse if you go back to PS2. we had plentiful of exclusives. PS3 still was great

PS4 is beaten XBOX one. but its not beating PS3 or PS2 or PS1. thats just a fact really