By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you were a game developer what games you'd make?

aikohualda said:
A gay themed rpg... i know it wouldnt sell well though

I think the more important thing is to make it marketable and focus on the best channels to sell it.

Around the Network

I’d love to continue the Kingdoms Of Amalur franchise (if you can call 1 game a franchise). Action/Fantasy RPGs are my cup’a tea. I’d love to make games like these.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

If I was actually capable I'd probably make a Grand Strategy game about the late bronze age in the Eastern Mediterranean east to the Indus Valley Civilization of Pakistan (~1600-1100 BC) somewhat in the vein of the Crusader Kings or EU4, but with some elements from the Civilization series.

It wouldn't be popular, but I know I'd personally love it lol

I'd make a spiritual successor to both Beyond Good and Evil and pre-BotW 3D Zelda since those have a very unique gameplay that's now dead and I miss it a lot. I'm actually studying for a game design bachelor's degree, so hopefully one day I'll do it for real! I would also love to make a 3D platformer.

Last edited by Vini256 - on 14 April 2018

I'd work in a Tales game. The first thing I'd do is hiring the Suikoden 2 writer to get a very compelling story, and I would make the game cel-shaded like Tales of Vesperia, with a traditional world map instead of those sh**tty ugly fields that the latest Tales games have had. Also, I'd hire Go Shiina to compose the soundtrack.

Also, I'd love to make a Paper Mario game.

Last edited by Keybladewielder - on 14 April 2018

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
A gay themed rpg... i know it wouldnt sell well though

Not the same thing but....I had plenty of gay sex in Fable and Dragon Age: Origins. My Dwarf in DAO was sooooo gay. Totally unfaithful too. I fucked everybody I could. For some reason though, I only went lesbian in KOTOR and KOTOR 2. I mean, not exclusively, but once in each game. Have you ever played Cho Aniki?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Everytime I think about this subject I get a little depressed because I wanted to be a developer for years. I could just never invest the proper time or find a team. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I could make/design an incredible AAA killer app given the right team.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

I would acquire Square Enix first by buying the necessary shares. Then I'd fire Testuya Nomura. Then I'd fire the entire English localization department and hire all new staff. Then I'd start making a franchise out of Xenogears by remaking the original as the starting title, then I'd do the same for the Chrono franchise.
I'd give everyone at Visceral that worked on Dead Space 1 & 2 a job and have them remake Parasite Eve 1 & 2.

I would just port over games to VR like crazy. A lot of people say normal games don't work in VR. But I say Skyrim proved the opposite. Everything is better in VR!

Good thing I'm not a dev. I would probably lose a ton of money. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I'd go back and build on some of my favorite games that developers have ignored for one reason or another.

An NES Zelda style game but with improved graphics and more importantly a world builder (like Minecraft) so that you could play the game over and over again.

Since Nintendo showed the 2D-prototype for testing out ideas for BOTW I think that would be great as a small standalone title. Obviously not as a testbed, but completed with story and all.

I myself would concentrate on making a lot of turn-based RPGs and turn-based strategy games. Best if both can be combined actually.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]