By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer congrats God of War Developer

Faelco said:

JRPGfan said: 

Back then they where brutal as f***... as a kid I remember looking at those slides/marketing/ads ect and just laughing.
Today Im not sure you could do the same, there would be a backlash probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

You forgot that sometimes, some people can be brutal nowadays too ;) But it was short and one-sided...

The reason that "dig" works at all, is context (because of how badly MS handled their used games/always online/licenses locked on install ect).
But its not really mean? towards MS.
its saying this is how its done on our system.

Back in the day you could name the guy you where throwing shade at, and taunt them, mock them ect.
This video was a very minor thing, even if the impact was probably huge.

Around the Network
JamesGarret said:

I think if it was up to Phil and Phil only, the XB1 would have a much healthier 1st party support, but MS´s strategy for the system is clearly not focused on that.

Thank you. Alot of people surfing the web just assume that Xbox is just as important to MS as PS is to Sony. Sony needs PS to succeed where as MS doesnt need Xbox. They are finding a healthy medium where they can profit efficiently without investing too much $$$.

Its going to look bad for the fanboys that want to hate and call them out for BS and spinning but for MS, its an easy and safe investment where there comfortable.

Personally i dont see Xbox having a big budget like Nintendo and Sony do. They seem to be just riding the wave as much as they can and to profit out of the industry without spending big.

There more worried about Apple than Sony. 

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

Thank you. Alot of people surfing the web just assume that Xbox is just as important to MS as PS is to Sony. Sony needs PS to succeed where as MS doesnt need Xbox. They are finding a healthy medium where they can profit efficiently without investing too much $$$.

Its going to look bad for the fanboys that want to hate and call them out for BS and spinning but for MS, its an easy and safe investment where there comfortable.

Personally i dont see Xbox having a big budget like Nintendo and Sony do. They seem to be just riding the wave as much as they can and to profit out of the industry without spending big.

I must say - you have a thing about trying to turn everything into an us versus them. Really. Stop doing that.

Doing what? I think i have a valid point.

Whos us and whos them?

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

Doing what? I think i have a valid point

Looking for 'fanboy' responses is you asking for trouble. No valid points in that.

It was an example not an attack on anyone. 

JRPGfan said:
Faelco said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

You forgot that sometimes, some people can be brutal nowadays too ;) But it was short and one-sided...

The reason that "dig" works at all, is context (because of how badly MS handled their used games/always online/licenses locked on install ect).
But its not really mean? towards MS.
its saying this is how its done on our system.

Back in the day you could name the guy you where throwing shade at, and taunt them, mock them ect.
This video was a very minor thing, even if the impact was probably huge.

Come on, this video and the entire part of the PS4 show with "You can keep your games, you don't have to be connected online to play...", along with all the looks, small remarks like "and that's a good thing" and pauses to let everyone laugh and applause...

It's entirely a huge joke about MS, and nobody missed that. It's absolutely not an unrelated video funny only because of context, it was made because of the context. It was the "Let's destroy MS" show. They didn't have to name them, but they taunted and mock MS at a point unseen for a long time. 

Last edited by Faelco - on 13 April 2018

Around the Network

Eh, I don't buy it, but nice for optics I guess.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

A well deserved congratulations... but I agree with the others that said they prefer competitors being hostile and trying to be better than the other.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Azzanation said:
JamesGarret said:

I think if it was up to Phil and Phil only, the XB1 would have a much healthier 1st party support, but MS´s strategy for the system is clearly not focused on that.

By that logic, they'll continue to play second fiddle to Sony (until Sony has another PS3 blunder and lose ground) Is that really MS will strive for, doing bare minimum to ensure a profit?

EDIT: That's not to say Sony are saints and burning money in order to please us, they have their own shady and shitty practices to nickle and dime us, but I read your statement as an excuse for MS's recent mediocrity. That's why I fanboy for Sony, cause I know they are putting 100%. Now that's an acceptable effort to fanboy to.

Areym said:
Azzanation said:

By that logic, they'll continue to play second fiddle to Sony (until Sony has another PS3 blunder and lose ground) Is that really MS will strive for, doing bare minimum to ensure a profit? I read that as mediocrity. That's why I fanboy for Sony, cause I know they are putting 100%. Now that's an acceptable effort to fanboy to.

I wouldn't say that Sony are giving 100%, they are still lacking some features that I'd really enjoy/would like on the PS4. Backwards compatibility, cross-play, cloud saves for all users, etc. that would really increase my enjoyment of the console. Now, as to the games themselves, I give you that, the PS4 is flooded with great titles, but as for the features of the console they could be improved.

VGPolyglot said:
Areym said:

By that logic, they'll continue to play second fiddle to Sony (until Sony has another PS3 blunder and lose ground) Is that really MS will strive for, doing bare minimum to ensure a profit? I read that as mediocrity. That's why I fanboy for Sony, cause I know they are putting 100%. Now that's an acceptable effort to fanboy to.

I wouldn't say that Sony are giving 100%, they are still lacking some features that I'd really enjoy/would like on the PS4. Backwards compatibility, cross-play, cloud saves for all users, etc. that would really increase my enjoyment of the console. Now, as to the games themselves, I give you that, the PS4 is flooded with great titles, but as for the features of the console they could be improved.

It was a bit of an exaggeration but you're right,  rarely is a gaming company giving 100% effort. I added a little edit mentioning some of the things they falter on (backwards comp, cross-play as you mentioned)