By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer congrats God of War Developer

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

It was an example not an attack on anyone. 

Example of what? 

For haters and people who just want to bash a brand because its not there brand of choice. Nothing wrong with congratulating your opposition. Its a Business not a War. It wasn't directed at anyone unless they fit those categories I mentioned.

Areym said:
Azzanation said:

Thank you. Alot of people surfing the web just assume that Xbox is just as important to MS as PS is to Sony. Sony needs PS to succeed where as MS doesnt need Xbox. They are finding a healthy medium where they can profit efficiently without investing too much $$$.

Its going to look bad for the fanboys that want to hate and call them out for BS and spinning but for MS, its an easy and safe investment where there comfortable.

Personally i dont see Xbox having a big budget like Nintendo and Sony do. They seem to be just riding the wave as much as they can and to profit out of the industry without spending big.

There more worried about Apple than Sony. 

By that logic, they'll continue to play second fiddle to Sony (until Sony has another PS3 blunder and lose ground) Is that really MS will strive for, doing bare minimum to ensure a profit?

EDIT: That's not to say Sony are saints and burning money in order to please us, they have their own shady and shitty practices to nickle and dime us, but I read your statement as an excuse for MS's recent mediocrity. That's why I fanboy for Sony, cause I know they are putting 100%. Now that's an acceptable effort to fanboy to.

Unfortunately that sounds like the real reason behind Xbox. Its not an excuse nor is it something I support. I wish they delivered more however MS is a major corporation who are all about making money by spending less. Xbox isn't important to MS as it seems, its just a side division that is just there to help push Windows 10 and Direct X. PS is a major part of Sony and Nintendo is well.. Nintendo, they need to succeed. The way I see it, MS don't care if Xbox is the top selling system as much as the internet likes to suggests, it seems they just want to make as much profit by spending as little as possible. That's why they are one of the wealthiest and most successful corporation in the world. That doesn't mean there consumer friendly.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

For haters and people who just want to bash a brand because its not there brand of choice. Nothing wrong with congratulating your opposition. Its a Business not a War. It wasn't directed at anyone unless they fit those categories I mentioned.

The point is you had no need to talk about anyone 'bashing' anything. It's just typical behavior and it irks a lot of people. So quit doing it.

There seems to be a lot of bashing in this thread and you don't need me to tell you that, and I feel its a valid point to make. I also think you read to much into my post which seems to have offended you. 

Its a forum and if I can have an opinion and I will do so which is related to the topic at hand. I have not attacked anyone or called anyone out. Did I go against the forum rules? If so please PM me and explain to me exactly where I step over the line.

Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

The point is you had no need to talk about anyone 'bashing' anything. It's just typical behavior and it irks a lot of people. So quit doing it.

There seems to be a lot of bashing in this thread and you don't need me to tell you that, and I feel its a valid point to make. I also think you read to much into my post which seems to have offended you. 

Its a forum and if I can have an opinion and I will do so which is related to the topic at hand. I have not attacked anyone or called anyone out. Did I go against the forum rules? If so please PM me and explain to me exactly where I step over the line.

I haven't seem any bash.

The most I saw was people saying he should work more for MS to have titles that deserve congratulations, is that a bad thing?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bristow9091 said:
It's always nice when competing companies can still congratulate each other for their success or just get along in general, although it's a shame many "fans" can't be the same way, lol

Thats true : D

flashfire926 said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/yosp/status/984524286449795072

Shuhei yoshida replied by saying thanks.

Yeah : )

God of War is currently the most impressive and best game of the year. Yes, one of the best games ever. I am very happy with the huge success of the game, i love this extremely strong games-quality (gameplay, story, atmosphere, soundtracks, graphic, characters, monster, the worlds, bossfights).

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

I haven't seem any bash.

The most I saw was people saying he should work more for MS to have titles that deserve congratulations, is that a bad thing?

Is there something wrong with congratulating another company for doing well? It would have taken Phil seconds to write that Tweet.

I find its like the fans want these companies to fight. And thats pretty sad. Phil is on a good salary so dont worry about him and what he does.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

I haven't seem any bash.

Is there something wrong with congratulating another company for doing well? It would have taken Phil seconds to write that Tweet.

I find its like the fans want these companies to fight. And thats pretty sad. Phil is on a good salary so dont worry about him and what he does.

That is still no bash and you said he have a good salary so we shouldn't worry about him, so why are you defending him? But if you think MS doesn't need more high level exclusives that is on you.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

That is still no bash and you said he have a good salary so we shouldn't worry about him, so why are you defending him? But if you think MS doesn't need more high level exclusives that is on you.

Whats having more high end exclusives got to do with congratulating your competition? 

Stop acting like a 5 second post is the reason to the other issues.

If you want to cry for more exclusives than write a thread about it. Lets stop turning a human luxury into a life and death situation. 

Good work Phil for showing great sportsmanship. End of story.

This is all he does nowadays.

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

I haven't seem any bash.

Yes, they re "fighting". They re supposed to, they stand in direct competition. Its a capitalists game. Anyone who claims differently isnt reality based.

"Phil is on a good salary so dont worry about him and what he does."

Indeed. Thats why im asking myself why he has the time and space for fishy twitter talk, fishy words that seem to have only one purpose. Hook, line and sinker... or... diversion tactics. Symptomatic for Microsoft, desparetly trying to circumvent what really matters. But its good to see most people dont fall for it anylonger.

"Lets stop turning a human luxury into a life and death situation. "

Then do. You re the one who acts like Spencerboy is your bestest twitterfriend glorifying his dubious PR tweets.

As a paying customer, i dont need that, i dont want that, because i dont want to be fooled by some coporate figurehead. 

That is why it should be kept plain and simple. They deliver great games, i buy. The end.

Hunting Season is done...

Hate to be that guy but, instead of always congratulating the competition why doesn’t he try beating them? XBOX has never been as far behind as it is today. It’s still yet to win a generation and this time it’s losing resoundly. And let’s not kid ourselves than these congratulations are what goes on behind closed doors. If this is how it is then there’s no wonder why they’re losing.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!