By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer congrats God of War Developer

JRPGfan said:
He doesnt have to do this, but he does, seems like a good guy.

Honestly, i don't think it makes him look like a good guy when he closes and cancels studios and games cause microsoft can't stomach development cycles longer than 2 years.

Game development takes time and if Sony treated it's studios like MS does, such games would be impossible. He should do what he preaches. This only makes his workers feel inferior because he doesn't give them the conditions to make games of the same level.

So, fingers crossed he is more about action and less about talk. The market would benefit from it.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Zoombael said:

Pfahaha. You really thought this is the case?

You understand nothing. 

Seems there are too many people in here jealous that Phil walks into work smiling and living a good and healthy life style while many seem to want to see him cry in the corner because of video games.. haha Good luck trying to get him to care.

Its his job to PR, that's what MS pay him to do as well as all the other stuff they put on his plate. Heck this thread is becoming more funnier by the post.

DonFerrari said:

I think the lack of exclusives is due to Phil not doing a good job at it although being a top head at Xbox for about 10 years.

Still waiting for you to show one shred of evidence of anyone bashing him since that is your original claim. Because all I can see is criticism over his being "a good sportsman" instead of launching more games.

Hmm you are not looking hard enough. Try again. *Cough scroll up cough*

You clearly brought up a lack of X1 exclusives in a thread about him posting a tweet to his competition which is completely off topic.. Sounds like you are the one trying to spin something with good meaning into a different topic. A good tweet is not a bad thing *Pats your little head*

Like I said his not a game developer.. do you even know who Phil is? I am starting to think you think his one of there primary game developers or something haha

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

You're bashing you head on a brick wall. Chill out, play some games.  Your time isn't worth wasting on him.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Can't believe that MS hasn't yet made a new Fable.

After Molyneux left them it was the perfect time to reboot the franchise, but all we got was a cancelled multiplayer game.

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Seems there are too many people in here jealous that Phil walks into work smiling and living a good and healthy life style while many seem to want to see him cry in the corner because of video games.. haha Good luck trying to get him to care.

Its his job to PR, that's what MS pay him to do as well as all the other stuff they put on his plate. Heck this thread is becoming more funnier by the post.

Hmm you are not looking hard enough. Try again. *Cough scroll up cough*

You clearly brought up a lack of X1 exclusives in a thread about him posting a tweet to his competition which is completely off topic.. Sounds like you are the one trying to spin something with good meaning into a different topic. A good tweet is not a bad thing *Pats your little head*

Like I said his not a game developer.. do you even know who Phil is? I am starting to think you think his one of there primary game developers or something haha

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

It's in topic to request that instead of congratulations he should be planning to surpass... he for sure isn't a game developer, he is the one responsible to grant fund to make games and on that he have been failing. He may do PR, but his job isn't PR. And unless you live with him and with the people in the thread you have no shred of evidence to say he goes to work smiling while others here don't.

Than write a separate post about it Don, why are you bringing up a separate issue over a tweet, its not in topic, topic is about Phil congratulating Santa Monica. Phil does not personal make the games. His the CEO of Xbox (Not a developer) his whole day is probably on the phone, I don't know exactly what he does and neither do you.

End of the day, accept the fact his being a good guy. His not going to cry in the corner because of video games, His a grown man and does what he needs to do. His on a lot of money and if he wasn't doing his job right MS would be stepping into his salary or contract or position.

And as CGI has stated, this convo has gotten stale. I have moved on.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 16 May 2018

Is better than hidding under a rock, whatever your concept of this guy.

Around the Network
Nem said:
JRPGfan said:
He doesnt have to do this, but he does, seems like a good guy.

Honestly, i don't think it makes him look like a good guy when he closes and cancels studios and games cause microsoft can't stomach development cycles longer than 2 years.

Game development takes time and if Sony treated it's studios like MS does, such games would be impossible. He should do what he preaches. This only makes his workers feel inferior because he doesn't give them the conditions to make games of the same level.

So, fingers crossed he is more about action and less about talk. The market would benefit from it.

Maybe I’m just drawing blanks but outside of Forza, what do they have on 2 year cycles? They have plenty of games that took more than two years. Hell QB took five. Fable was going for four years before they pulled the plug. Scalebound was put out of our misery because it was garbage. What are all these games on two year cycles and games canceled for taking more than two years?

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

It's in topic to request that instead of congratulations he should be planning to surpass... he for sure isn't a game developer, he is the one responsible to grant fund to make games and on that he have been failing. He may do PR, but his job isn't PR. And unless you live with him and with the people in the thread you have no shred of evidence to say he goes to work smiling while others here don't.

Than write a separate post about it Don, why are you bringing up a separate issue over a tweet, its not in topic, topic is about Phil congratulating Santa Monica. Phil does not personal make the games. His the CEO of Xbox (Not a developer) his whole day is probably on the phone, I don't know exactly what he does and neither do you.

End of the day, accept the fact his being a good guy. His not going to cry in the corner because of video games, His a grown man and does what he needs to do. His on a lot of money and if he wasn't doing his job right MS would be stepping into his salary or contract or position.

And as CGI has stated, this convo has gotten stale. I have moved on.

You mean a different thread? No need, there is plenty already talking about the lack of 1st party and usually the same people will say it isn't an issue.

If you have no idea what a CEO does and that in the case of a gaming company his scope involves budget and prioritization for which games will be developed and where will they invest. If it wasn't his job to do so he shouldn't have been saying for at least 5 years that they are investing in increasing the number of studios and 1st party output.

No one is talking about he crying on a corner besides you. What is being said is that he should be improving MS 1st party instead of congratulating rivals.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Nem said:

Maybe I’m just drawing blanks but outside of Forza, what do they have on 2 year cycles? They have plenty of games that took more than two years. Hell QB took five. Fable was going for four years before they pulled the plug. Scalebound was put out of our misery because it was garbage. What are all these games on two year cycles and games canceled for taking more than two years?

I don't think MS have any game under 2 years cycle besides Forza as you said. And even probably the first forza of a gen takes more than 2 years for them to prepare.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Intrinsic said:
FentonCrackshell said:

Hate to be that guy but, instead of always congratulating the competition why doesn’t he try beating them? XBOX has never been as far behind as it is today. It’s still yet to win a generation and this time it’s losing resoundly. And let’s not kid ourselves than these congratulations are what goes on behind closed doors. If this is how it is then there’s no wonder why they’re losing.

Why not both?

Both would be nice. But he’s obviously only doing one. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

HL3 confirmed

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

FentonCrackshell said:
Intrinsic said:

Why not both?

Both would be nice. But he’s obviously only doing one. 

Better than none wouldn't you say?

Simple fact of the matter is that the only way MS can compete with sony on the software side would either take ridiculous sums of money or time or even both. There is absolutely nothing that can be donw about it in say the next two or three years. Cause its not just about releasing a whle batch of new IPs within a year of eachother thats required to match or surpass sony's output. Its about having 2-3 great IPs at least every year, and being able to go 2-3 years before any of those IPs see a sequel.

So right now, what we see Phil doing is all we really can see, doesn't mean hes not working on the real problem, its just gonna take some time to see.