By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer congrats God of War Developer

A well deserved congratulations... but I agree with the others that said they prefer competitors being hostile and trying to be better than the other.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
JamesGarret said:

I think if it was up to Phil and Phil only, the XB1 would have a much healthier 1st party support, but MS´s strategy for the system is clearly not focused on that.

Thank you. Alot of people surfing the web just assume that Xbox is just as important to MS as PS is to Sony. Sony needs PS to succeed where as MS doesnt need Xbox. They are finding a healthy medium where they can profit efficiently without investing too much $$$.

Its going to look bad for the fanboys that want to hate and call them out for BS and spinning but for MS, its an easy and safe investment where there comfortable.

Personally i dont see Xbox having a big budget like Nintendo and Sony do. They seem to be just riding the wave as much as they can and to profit out of the industry without spending big.

There more worried about Apple than Sony. 

By that logic, they'll continue to play second fiddle to Sony (until Sony has another PS3 blunder and lose ground) Is that really MS will strive for, doing bare minimum to ensure a profit?

EDIT: That's not to say Sony are saints and burning money in order to please us, they have their own shady and shitty practices to nickle and dime us, but I read your statement as an excuse for MS's recent mediocrity. That's why I fanboy for Sony, cause I know they are putting 100%. Now that's an acceptable effort to fanboy to.



"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Azzanation said:

Thank you. Alot of people surfing the web just assume that Xbox is just as important to MS as PS is to Sony. Sony needs PS to succeed where as MS doesnt need Xbox. They are finding a healthy medium where they can profit efficiently without investing too much $$$.

Its going to look bad for the fanboys that want to hate and call them out for BS and spinning but for MS, its an easy and safe investment where there comfortable.

Personally i dont see Xbox having a big budget like Nintendo and Sony do. They seem to be just riding the wave as much as they can and to profit out of the industry without spending big.

There more worried about Apple than Sony. 

By that logic, they'll continue to play second fiddle to Sony (until Sony has another PS3 blunder and lose ground) Is that really MS will strive for, doing bare minimum to ensure a profit? I read that as mediocrity. That's why I fanboy for Sony, cause I know they are putting 100%. Now that's an acceptable effort to fanboy to.

I wouldn't say that Sony are giving 100%, they are still lacking some features that I'd really enjoy/would like on the PS4. Backwards compatibility, cross-play, cloud saves for all users, etc. that would really increase my enjoyment of the console. Now, as to the games themselves, I give you that, the PS4 is flooded with great titles, but as for the features of the console they could be improved.



VGPolyglot said:
Areym said:

By that logic, they'll continue to play second fiddle to Sony (until Sony has another PS3 blunder and lose ground) Is that really MS will strive for, doing bare minimum to ensure a profit? I read that as mediocrity. That's why I fanboy for Sony, cause I know they are putting 100%. Now that's an acceptable effort to fanboy to.

I wouldn't say that Sony are giving 100%, they are still lacking some features that I'd really enjoy/would like on the PS4. Backwards compatibility, cross-play, cloud saves for all users, etc. that would really increase my enjoyment of the console. Now, as to the games themselves, I give you that, the PS4 is flooded with great titles, but as for the features of the console they could be improved.

It was a bit of an exaggeration but you're right,  rarely is a gaming company giving 100% effort. I added a little edit mentioning some of the things they falter on (backwards comp, cross-play as you mentioned) 



"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

It was an example not an attack on anyone. 

Example of what? 

For haters and people who just want to bash a brand because its not there brand of choice. Nothing wrong with congratulating your opposition. Its a Business not a War. It wasn't directed at anyone unless they fit those categories I mentioned.

Areym said:
Azzanation said:

Thank you. Alot of people surfing the web just assume that Xbox is just as important to MS as PS is to Sony. Sony needs PS to succeed where as MS doesnt need Xbox. They are finding a healthy medium where they can profit efficiently without investing too much $$$.

Its going to look bad for the fanboys that want to hate and call them out for BS and spinning but for MS, its an easy and safe investment where there comfortable.

Personally i dont see Xbox having a big budget like Nintendo and Sony do. They seem to be just riding the wave as much as they can and to profit out of the industry without spending big.

There more worried about Apple than Sony. 

By that logic, they'll continue to play second fiddle to Sony (until Sony has another PS3 blunder and lose ground) Is that really MS will strive for, doing bare minimum to ensure a profit?

EDIT: That's not to say Sony are saints and burning money in order to please us, they have their own shady and shitty practices to nickle and dime us, but I read your statement as an excuse for MS's recent mediocrity. That's why I fanboy for Sony, cause I know they are putting 100%. Now that's an acceptable effort to fanboy to.

Unfortunately that sounds like the real reason behind Xbox. Its not an excuse nor is it something I support. I wish they delivered more however MS is a major corporation who are all about making money by spending less. Xbox isn't important to MS as it seems, its just a side division that is just there to help push Windows 10 and Direct X. PS is a major part of Sony and Nintendo is well.. Nintendo, they need to succeed. The way I see it, MS don't care if Xbox is the top selling system as much as the internet likes to suggests, it seems they just want to make as much profit by spending as little as possible. That's why they are one of the wealthiest and most successful corporation in the world. That doesn't mean there consumer friendly.



Around the Network
Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

Example of what? 

For haters and people who just want to bash a brand because its not there brand of choice. Nothing wrong with congratulating your opposition. Its a Business not a War. It wasn't directed at anyone unless they fit those categories I mentioned.

The point is you had no need to talk about anyone 'bashing' anything. It's just typical behavior and it irks a lot of people. So quit doing it.



                                                                                                                                                           

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

For haters and people who just want to bash a brand because its not there brand of choice. Nothing wrong with congratulating your opposition. Its a Business not a War. It wasn't directed at anyone unless they fit those categories I mentioned.

The point is you had no need to talk about anyone 'bashing' anything. It's just typical behavior and it irks a lot of people. So quit doing it.

There seems to be a lot of bashing in this thread and you don't need me to tell you that, and I feel its a valid point to make. I also think you read to much into my post which seems to have offended you. 

Its a forum and if I can have an opinion and I will do so which is related to the topic at hand. I have not attacked anyone or called anyone out. Did I go against the forum rules? If so please PM me and explain to me exactly where I step over the line.



Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

The point is you had no need to talk about anyone 'bashing' anything. It's just typical behavior and it irks a lot of people. So quit doing it.

There seems to be a lot of bashing in this thread and you don't need me to tell you that, and I feel its a valid point to make. I also think you read to much into my post which seems to have offended you. 

Its a forum and if I can have an opinion I will do so. I have not attacked anyone or called anyone out . Did I go against the forum rules? 

I'm not offended, just sick of the same nonsense that causes issues in these topics. You look for 'bashing' when there often isn't any. Most of the people in here have been civilized, and if someone hasn't, I don't see any reports from you.

As for 'giving opinions', that hasn't ever been protection for being a troublemaker. 



                                                                                                                                                           

Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

The point is you had no need to talk about anyone 'bashing' anything. It's just typical behavior and it irks a lot of people. So quit doing it.

There seems to be a lot of bashing in this thread and you don't need me to tell you that, and I feel its a valid point to make. I also think you read to much into my post which seems to have offended you. 

Its a forum and if I can have an opinion and I will do so which is related to the topic at hand. I have not attacked anyone or called anyone out. Did I go against the forum rules? If so please PM me and explain to me exactly where I step over the line.

I haven't seem any bash.

The most I saw was people saying he should work more for MS to have titles that deserve congratulations, is that a bad thing?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bristow9091 said:
It's always nice when competing companies can still congratulate each other for their success or just get along in general, although it's a shame many "fans" can't be the same way, lol

Thats true : D

flashfire926 said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/yosp/status/984524286449795072

Shuhei yoshida replied by saying thanks.

Yeah : )

God of War is currently the most impressive and best game of the year. Yes, one of the best games ever. I am very happy with the huge success of the game, i love this extremely strong games-quality (gameplay, story, atmosphere, soundtracks, graphic, characters, monster, the worlds, bossfights).



"The Last of Us 2" is officially Game of the Year 2020, worldwide. Ghost of Tsushima-Artwork: