By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer congrats God of War Developer

Sorry. Double post.

Around the Network

Honestly, I don't think Phil Spencer or MS want a console war. They are happy pulling in their XBL money, and so long as they continue to do steady business they are happy. 

VGPolyglot said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Does that mean PS4 users will finally get to play the 3-4 good XB1 exclusives on their system of choice? 

More than 3-4.

Just to clarify, I meant XB1 exclusives as in not available on PS4. Yes, I know that's not exactly what exclusive means, but I assumed everyone would know what I meant. 

But what are the more than 3-4 games? I guess if you count the yearly Forza releases you get up to eight or nine, but sports/racing games don't count, because I make the rules. :P 

I mean, when's the last time you saw a Playstation Fanboy list MLB The Show 13 to 17 in an exclusives debate? 

BraLoD said:
Still spinnin'

Spinnin' what?

Cerebralbore101 said:
VGPolyglot said:

More than 3-4.

Just to clarify, I meant XB1 exclusives as in not available on PS4. Yes, I know that's not exactly what exclusive means, but I assumed everyone would know what I meant. 

But what are the more than 3-4 games? I guess if you count the yearly Forza releases you get up to eight or nine, but sports/racing games don't count, because I make the rules. :P 

I mean, when's the last time you saw a Playstation Fanboy list MLB The Show 13 to 17 in an exclusives debate? 

OK, so my assumption was correct:

Sunset Overdrive

Ori & The Blind Forest

Cuphead

Forza Horizon 3 (if we're only counting one Forza game)

Halo 5: Guardians

Gears of War 4

Quantum Break

Killer Instinct

Dead Rising 3

Halo Wars 2

ReCore

Rare Replay

Halo: Master Chief Collection

Why does everyone seem surprised? He does this with a lot of Sony's exclusives launch. Sony did it a couple of times too IIRC.

Business as usual.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

Sorry. Double post.

No apologies necessary. It bears repeating.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

JamesGarret said:
flashfire926 said:
Phil spencer has been a mixed bag so far imo. The ecosystem upgrades have been great (back compact, returns of digital games, game preview, play anywhere, live clubs/looking for group, game pass, ea access. Even the smaller changes (like the recently announced 1440p support, adaptive sync support, auto low latency modes) go a long way when added up. Playing three generations of games on a single box is pretty awesome. Having unlimited access to a diverse library of games for $10 a month is also pretty great.

I would even go far as to say the way Xbox One X has been handled completely embarrasses the pro.

However, it's almost like they made a huge underground security base for protecting some rare artifact, but except the rare artifact isn't even present. And that artifact being great exclusive games, a huge factor for selling consoles. Phil has been lacklustre in that regard. We haven't seen much of anything from him, really.

Exclusives is one of the factors that makes or breaks a system, and I hope they Microsoft can deliver on some this E3 (or save em up for Xbox two and unload a barrage of during the first two years

I think the problem is, unlike Sony that places a huge priority on the Playstation business, the Xbox doesn´t seem to be of major importance to Microsoft, so maybe Phil and the Xbox division don´t get the necessary budget allocation for Phil to greenlight a good amount of true exclusives like Sony does.

I think Phil wants to, but depends on the higher ups, and they don´t seem interested...it was obviously different in the early X360 days.

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-xbox-phil-spencer-gets-promoted-to-executive-vice-president-2017-9

This happened a few months ago, and I hope Phil has more control over Xbox as a result of this.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Stay classy Phil, stay classy..~

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

VGPolyglot said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

OK, so my assumption was correct:

Sunset Overdrive

Ori & The Blind Forest

Cuphead

Forza Horizon 3 (if we're only counting one Forza game)

Halo 5: Guardians

Gears of War 4

Quantum Break

Killer Instinct

Dead Rising 3

Halo Wars 2

ReCore

Rare Replay

Halo: Master Chief Collection

I disagree with Quantum Break, KI, Dead Rising 3, Halo Wars 2, and ReCore due to sub 80 metascores. Well, maybe not KI, because it was a good game. Just got shit on by reviewers for having a crummy pricing scheme early on. 

Gears 1 Remaster should be in the list though (Even though I really don't like the Gears series.) 

Rare Replay is just an old compilation with a bit of resolution, and anti-aliasing spitshine. For every Rare Replay there's a heapton of old PS1/PS2/PS3 titles in the PSN store. 

Ori/Cuphead will run on a toaster, so I don't know. I guess they count though. But if a PS4 owner wants to play those games what do you think they are more likely to do? Go out and get an XB1, or boot up whatever ancient 2005 model PC they have kicking around in their basement? 

So IMHO , 9 good games that PS4 doesn't have. Two of which are Indies. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 12 April 2018

JRPGfan said:
COKTOE said:

Oh boy. Let's all hold hands and dance around the fountain. Realtalk:

That's a pre-PSX launch quote when Ken Kutaragi was asked who he thought the biggest competition would be for Playstation.

That's some 90's corporate gangster style right there. Back when Jennifer Aniston's nipples poked through every shirt she ever wore.

She didnt believe in bra's and didnt enjoy wearing them (shes a #FreeTheNipple type).
She also said doesnt really mind the attention its gotten.

Apparently theres entire "Tumblr blogs" dedicated to them lmao.
Gotta admit back then I had a slight crush, she was a hottie.

Off topic, but yeah, she had many of the qualities prized by the superficial man. She did cheat a bit with work on her face, but whatever.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
COKTOE said: 

That's a pre-PSX launch quote when Ken Kutaragi was asked who he thought the biggest competition would be for Playstation.

"The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available." 

-Ken Kutaragi, imgur.com

so profound

Ha. I don't have any accounts at any image uploading of gif sites, and I started deleting all gifs and images I make after I saw other jackasses claiming shit I did as their own. I mean, it's all inconsequential flotsam, but it's my flotsam. Should make some accounts I suppose. The quote in question was used in Next Generation and, I believe....EGM, which is how I remembered it. I wish I still had those old magazines. It's sometimes difficult to verify sources that come from the time when the internet was made of trees. Perhaps it was urban legend, but print magazines did run with it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."