By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 14): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 2 - 8, 2018

I already proved that the ps4 was out of stock online at every major retailer last MC thread. Also had someone in Tokyo corroborate that all ps4 were sold out at their Bid Camera and 50-60 Switches were sitting on the back shelf.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
I already proved that the ps4 was out of stock online at every major retailer last MC thread. Also had someone in Tokyo corroborate that all ps4 were sold out at their Bid Camera and 50-60 Switches were sitting on the back shelf.

Hahahahaha he was mocking you, ya goof.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Acevil said:
Farsala said:
Pitiful sales, stock or no stock.

Ya, sadly no excuse to not at least have 20,000 for console in its 5th year. I can understand having stock issues (Same with the Switch), but the level it is going to is concerning. Also decent Kirby Sales. 

I think the whole market is concerning in April. Vita, 3DS, XB1 are obviously pretty bad. But even PS4 and Switch sales are ridiculously low compared to the expectations we have for both consoles.

Farsala said:
Acevil said:

Ya, sadly no excuse to not at least have 20,000 for console in its 5th year. I can understand having stock issues (Same with the Switch), but the level it is going to is concerning. Also decent Kirby Sales. 

I think the whole market is concerning in April. Vita, 3DS, XB1 are obviously pretty bad. But even PS4 and Switch sales are ridiculously low compared to the expectations we have for both consoles.

Ya Switch needs to at least gain 10,000 to be at the sweet spot for baseline with nothing releasing. 

He was mocking wanting to buy a PS4? Didn't seem like a mocking post. Even helped me out by locating BicCamera's online store. Probably the most helpful person I have come across on these forums.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Acevil said:

I dont see how 40k without new releases can be ridiculously low in any case.

Megiddo said:
He was mocking wanting to buy a PS4? Didn't seem like a mocking post. Even helped me out by locating BicCamera's online store. Probably the most helpful person I have come across on these forums.

You cant honestly believe a single store had 60-80 units of hardware in stock.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Miyamotoo said:
Farsala said:

very low compared to the 3ds. 3ds was doing 70-80k regularly. 40k isnt good for a nintendo handheld

zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:

You cant honestly believe a single store had 60-80 units of hardware in stock.

I've been to Akihabara. I can easily believe that. You know how big Tokyo is, don't you?

Pinkie_pie said:
Miyamotoo said:

very low compared to the 3ds. 3ds was doing 70-80k regularly. 40k isnt good for a nintendo handheld

3DS needed huge price drop in order to start selling in first place, Switch is selling good without any price drop.