By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 14): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 2 - 8, 2018

Alkibiádēs said:
Are there still people who think a MH game would've saved the Vita? One game can't save a dead system (or in PS4's case, a dead region).

It would have helped and also probably depends on when it released.

Had Monster Hunter released early on in its life than it likely could have helped a good deal, if it released later on like it did on PS4 than not so much.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Are there still people who think a MH game would've saved the Vita? One game can't save a dead system (or in PS4's case, a dead region).

The only country to sell more ps4 than Japan is the USA. Lol ps4 dead in Japan, doomed worldwide. 

Pure numbers are only part of the equation, size of the gaming market and marketshare needs to be taken into account as well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kerotan said:
Alkibiádēs said:

The only country to sell more ps4 than Japan is the USA. Lol ps4 dead in Japan, doomed worldwide. 

Japan is one of the largest and richest countries in the world by population. It also happens to be one of the most important countries for the game industry and the home country of Playstation.  

That little statistic of yours doesn't change the fact that the PS4 is selling like a turd in Japan. 

❌ Moderated ~ CGI 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 15 April 2018

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:

Splatoon didnt save the Wii U, but it probably did help it reach over 3mil by a lot, and made the Wii U relevant for a couple more months. 

And if Minecraft can do 1million on the Vita in Japan, surely Monster Hunter can do beyond that? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kerotan said:
Alkibiádēs said:

I generally don't get these 'Japan is dead' messages. As you say, it is second biggest country for most gaming stuff.

If 15K is the baseline, the system is still very strong, it is just also in it's fifth year. It may have peaked last year or peak this year, depending on the games or a price-cut. But that's all far from dead, I agree with you.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:

Pure numbers are only part of the equation, size of the gaming market and marketshare needs to be taken into account as well.

Lol are you really defending a post saying ps4 is dead in Japan? 

Megiddo said: 

Update (since apparently people still don't think PS4 is having stock issues despite Famitsu directly mentioning it). The only change to this is that Toys R Us has "Awaiting shipment" status and Amazon is getting PS Pro stock in on April 22.

I thought Tots R Us was bust...

In any case, serious situation for PS4 in Japan. Curious to see how the figures turn out on Wednesday.

ryuzaki57 said:
Megiddo said: 

Update (since apparently people still don't think PS4 is having stock issues despite Famitsu directly mentioning it). The only change to this is that Toys R Us has "Awaiting shipment" status and Amazon is getting PS Pro stock in on April 22.

I thought Tots R Us was bust...

In any case, serious situation for PS4 in Japan. Curious to see how the figures turn out on Wednesday.

Toys R Us Asia is run separately from the main Toys R Us in the USA. In turn, Toys R Us Asia sets up subsidiaries in specific countries. That's kind of how Toys R Us broke into, say, the Philippine toys market (never mind that they're not as successful as Toy Kingdom at selling toys - or that they appear to be joined at the hip with Robinsons Retail, but that's a whole other topic entirely).

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3