By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NIS Apologizes for Seemingly Negative Comments Towards PS4

Aura7541 said:
FentonCrackshell said:

But both games sold well. And maybe they’re marketed more in the JP market where they’ll sell. They’re not gonna move those games in NA. 

Persona 5 certainly did well. Not so much with Gravity Rush 2. I'm not asking Sony to put in large marketing budgets for these games, but at least do more than what they did for these two games.

Did Gravity Rush 2 get some exposure via PSN of some kind?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Aura7541 said:

Persona 5 certainly did well. Not so much with Gravity Rush 2. I'm not asking Sony to put in large marketing budgets for these games, but at least do more than what they did for these two games.

Not exactly sure. Famitsu did show that Gravity Rush 2's digital rate in Japan was actually pretty high (almost 20%).

Aura7541 said:
KLAMarine said:

Not exactly sure. Famitsu did show that Gravity Rush 2's digital rate in Japan was actually pretty high (almost 20%).

Well hopefully it was profitable. The Gravity Rush games are games I would definitely get my hands on if I had a PS4...

Aura7541 said:
The thing is that I actually find the criticism towards Sony as justified. Over the past few years, I've noticed that Sony hasn't done much to help niche games. Persona 5, for example, hardly got any mention during their press conferences. Gravity Rush 2, which is a 1st party game for crying out loud, had very little marketing and promotion.

They also ended up slowing down on indie support, now they have more AAA titles on board. At the start of the gen it was all about showing as much Indie support, but after 2017 it's basically become a thing to not focus on. 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/21/sony-doesnt-think-indie-games-matter-2017/

dont see the need to apologize,but its whatever

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Aura7541 said:
The thing is that I actually find the criticism towards Sony as justified. Over the past few years, I've noticed that Sony hasn't done much to help niche games. Persona 5, for example, hardly got any mention during their press conferences. Gravity Rush 2, which is a 1st party game for crying out loud, had very little marketing and promotion.

They also ended up slowing down on indie support, now they have more AAA titles on board. At the start of the gen it was all about showing as much Indie support, but after 2017 it's basically become a thing to not focus on. 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/21/sony-doesnt-think-indie-games-matter-2017/

I noticed that, too. My guess is that at the beginning of the gen, Sony saw catering to indies as a big PR opportunity when Microsoft was still seen as the 'bad guy' (MS used to not allow self-publishing, for instance). However, Microsoft has already loosened up its policies on indie devs so Sony no longer sees catering to indies as a worthwhile investment.

Kerotan said:
They shouldn't bite the hand that's fed them for so long. Apology accepted, but they shouldn't let this happen again.

Thank you, senpai Kerotan ^^ I am a so happpeeeeeyyy to have you accept me again. 

I'm not exactly sure what he is saying.
Is he implying that what he originally said about "Then after their meeting, influential people from SNK came to our booth and said: ‘Hey, Mr. Yamashita, is it possible to cancel our contract on PlayStation 4? Nintendo wants to work on this title on an exclusive basis!" was not true?

Or did he just want to clarify that even though people from SNK (and possibly Nintendo) wanted to cancel the PS4 version, the idea originated from NIS America?
Who cares who came up with the idea? If you agree with it, you're just as complicit.
Sounds like someone at SNK got upset about this story and tries shifting the blame on Yamashita.

I appreciate that he gave us this inside info, and it's a shame that he now has to apologize for it. We'll probably hear less details like this from NIS and SNK at least.

Last edited by Hiku - on 11 April 2018

Kyuu said:

The truth of the matter is all companies are greedy as fuck.

This is true, and I wish more people would realize it. The only difference between huge companies is how they go about said greed. Some companies view being good to the consumer is a way to achieve that wealth. Others think the best way is outright lies and the whole "let's get their money first, then if they find out we lied to them, who the fuck cares?" mindset. 

But in the end, yes, it's all about the money.

Kerotan said:
They shouldn't bite the hand that's fed them for so long. Apology accepted, but they shouldn't let this happen again.

From the sound of things, the "feeding" has been on a decline.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Kerotan said:

Thank you, senpai Kerotan ^^ I am a so happpeeeeeyyy to have you accept me again. 

Adorable gif!