By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NIS Apologizes for Seemingly Negative Comments Towards PS4

Alkibiádēs said:
Azuren said:

Eh. Probably not. Nintendo has a habit of just not staying in favor with anyone.

Either way, Sony's consoles have been unpopular in Japan since the PS3. It's good news for everyone that Japanese developers can focus on a popular console again. Too many developers were wasting their resources on something like the Vita.

Global market > Japanese market. We'll see a bunch of weird Japanese niche games on Switch, but the important titles will still be PS4.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Sony's reign of terror over Japanese developers will soon be over. The Dark Ages are over, time to switch on the light again.

That was dumb.

Azuren said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Either way, Sony's consoles have been unpopular in Japan since the PS3. It's good news for everyone that Japanese developers can focus on a popular console again. Too many developers were wasting their resources on something like the Vita.

Global market > Japanese market. We'll see a bunch of weird Japanese niche games on Switch, but the important titles will still be PS4.

Not many businesses can survive by completely ignoring their domestic market.

Besides Monster Hunter World Playstation has lost many (console) exclusives already to the Switch, this trend will only become more noticeable as time goes on. 

Exclusives lost: 

- Valkyria Chronicles

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

- Disgaea 5

- Dragon Quest XI (the UE4 version)

- Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2

Switch exclusives: 

- The Snack World: Gold Trejares 

- Yokai Watch 4

- Octopath Traveler

- The World Ends With You: Final Remix

- Shin Megami Tensei V

- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

- Bayonetta 3

It won't surprise me at all if franchises like Persona will become multi-platform this gen either. It's also only a matter of time before Dragon Ball FigtherZ is announced for Switch.

For the first time ever a From Software game will also come to a Nintendo platform (Dark Souls Remastered). 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Azuren said:

Besides Monster Hunter World Playstation has lost many (console) exclusives already to the Switch, this trend will only become more noticeable as time goes on. 

Exclusives lost: 

- Valkyria Chronicles

- Disgaea 5

Switch exclusives: 

- Yokai Watch 4

- Octopath Traveler

- Shin Megami Tensei V

- Bayonetta 3

It won't surprise me at all if franchises like Persona will become multi-platform this gen either. It's also only a matter of time before Dragon Ball FigtherZ is announced for Switch.

For the first time ever a From Software game will also come to a Nintendo platform (Dark Souls Remastered). 

You know that comparing Exclusives "lost" by the PS4 to Switch's worthwhile upcoming Exclusives (except Snack World, lol) isn't exactly relative, right? Why not mention the (console) exclusives PS4 hasn't lost?:

Besides that, I wouldn't be surprised if SMTV made it's way to PS4 at the same time should Persona 5 make it to Switch (tit for tat). And for the record, I don't not want games on the Switch. I want Nintendo to succeed, because they've actually got something acceptable going on right now (no dual screen shenanigans). But the fact remains that ignoring the global market in favor of only the native market is by all accounts just a really bad idea.

Azuren said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Exclusives lost: 

- Valkyria Chronicles

- Disgaea 5

Switch exclusives: 

- Yokai Watch 4

- Octopath Traveler

- Shin Megami Tensei V

- Bayonetta 3

You know that comparing Exclusives "lost" by the PS4 to Switch's worthwhile upcoming Exclusives (except Snack World, lol) isn't exactly relative, right? Why not mention the (console) exclusives PS4 hasn't lost?:

Besides that, I wouldn't be surprised if SMTV made it's way to PS4 at the same time should Persona 5 make it to Switch (tit for tat). And for the record, I don't not want games on the Switch. I want Nintendo to succeed, because they've actually got something acceptable going on right now (no dual screen shenanigans). But the fact remains that ignoring the global market in favor of only the native market is by all accounts just a really bad idea.

Going with the Switch does not mean ignoring the global market, on the contrary.

The Snack World actually looks quite nice for an enhanced port of a 3DS game: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMLx89xpAe8

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

Maybe it's good that someone is calling out Sony for taking smaller 3rd parties for granted, don't see the point in apologizing.

CGI-Quality said:
melbye said:
Maybe it's good that someone is calling out Sony for taking smaller 3rd parties for granted, don't see the point in apologizing.

How so?

Because they provide games that many people love and is a good thing to have on Sony-platforms. These smaller publishers kept the Vita alive for years after Sony kinda abandoned it

We follow the values of capitalism and competition. Where does the healthiness of competition end and mean spiritedness begin? Question for our times.

Alkibiádēs said:
Azuren said:

Going with the Switch does not mean ignoring the global market, on the contrary.

The Snack World actually looks quite nice for an enhanced port of a 3DS game: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMLx89xpAe8

Going with 16m in lieu of 77m is most definitely ignoring the global market. At best, we'll see games developed for Switch and ported up to PS4 and maybe XB1.

It looks kind of interesting, but I got burnt out on top-down brawleRPGs a long time ago.

melbye said:
CGI-Quality said:

How so?

Because they provide games that many people love and is a good thing to have on Sony-platforms. These smaller publishers kept the Vita alive for years after Sony kinda abandoned it

I think you're using a fairly fast and loose definition of the term "taking for granted". I don't think Sony was cupping their hands and asking any of the Japanese publishers in question to, "please and thank you, my kids need shoes" support the Vita.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."